Why are Evolution rubbers still less popular than tenergy?

This user has no status.
One can return products in Europe too. Are you're saying folks in the US can open their MX-P, glue it to the blade, play with it for a day, then peel the rubber off and send it back to the seller (e.g. amazon) saying "I'm not satisfied because it does not play like Tenergy".

No, I'm not saying that... Obviously any claim will have to be covered by the US Warranty terms and conditions. How the warranty for the US differs from any other place in the world; I don't know, but I can find out for you for USD 150 / hr...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
MX-P feels too soft for me too when new.

I prefer soft MX-Ps!

They come in a range - from around 48.5 deg to 46.5 deg.

I got 2 red MX-P 2.0 sheets from TT11. Both felt rock-hard in the package. Glued one and hardness level was confirmed. I'd love to exchange the other new one for a softer sheet. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
I tried the MX-S last week and I was blown away by the spin. I have never made the ball bend this aggressive before.
Very happy with my setup but the MX-S amazed me. Is this advanced rubber like T05 or is it possible for a 1500 player to use on FH side? I am not switch my rubber but for the future when the Vega wear out I aspire to use a rubber as good as the MX-S. It was that good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Now I have played with MX-P for almost 3 weeks and I changed my mind about it. When the factory boost has dried up it is actually quite good. Its not mushy and a good top sheet. I will continue playing this rubber for a while now.

I think the main reason is that a highly tuned T05 is faster than a highly tuned MX-P. Once highly tuned, Tenergies are the fastest with tuned Calibras. Many rubbers can compare very well against the commercial T05 (MX-P, Omega V tour, Ryzthm, M1 turbo...)....but the highly tuned T05 is still the absolute benchmark of euro/jap rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I tried the MX-S last week and I was blown away by the spin. I have never made the ball bend this aggressive before.
Very happy with my setup but the MX-S amazed me. Is this advanced rubber like T05 or is it possible for a 1500 player to use on FH side? I am not switch my rubber but for the future when the Vega wear out I aspire to use a rubber as good as they MX-S. It was that good.
There are 1200 players using T05. You can use anything you want as long as you know why you are using it and understand the tradeoffs and how you have to play with it. The people who suffer with T05 are people who are not trying to actively spin which describes most lower rated players who are under attack. MX-S is advanced in a different way - it is hard with less catapult so the demands to generate speed/power are higher.

says Aging is a killer
Who sells more, ESN or Tenergy?

We can look at the OP post a different way.
The main competition to tenergy is ESN rubbers as a whole rather than Tibhar Evolution, also an ESN rubber.
We don't have the actual sales figures but I wouldn't be surprised if ESN rubbers do outsell or are very close in sales volume to Tenergy rubbers these days.
I say this as within the past year or so, at the tournaments I attend, I have noticed that ESN totals exceed that of Tenergy.

BTW, ESN rubbers were developed by the owner of Donic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
There are 1200 players using T05. You can use anything you want as long as you know why you are using it and understand the tradeoffs and how you have to play with it. The people who suffer with T05 are people who are not trying to actively spin which describes most lower rated players who are under attack. MX-S is advanced in a different way - it is hard with less catapult so the demands to generate speed/power are higher.

Thank you. This make sense to me. I need to correct that I was actually using MX-P and not MX-S.

The way I play my FH, I try to brush as thin as possible as much as possible. I rarely hit drive unless I have high, easy ball. It seem that the MX-P generate more spin than I am used to using this technique.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you. This make sense to me. I need to correct that I was actually using MX-P and not MX-S.

The way I play my FH, I try to brush as thin as possible as much as possible. I rarely hit drive unless I have high, easy ball. It seem that the MX-P generate more spin than I am used to using this technique.

Well, when your rubbers wear out, you will probably be ready for the step up to the Tibhar Evolution rubbers. They are all very good: MX-P, EL-P and FX-P. Perhaps the ones that are slightly softer like EL-P for FH and FX-P for BH. Although all three of those rubbers are pretty awesome. And they will work great on that Stratus Power Wood you are now using.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: SpinWins
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
I'm a Tenergy 05 FX user and I got to try a brand new MX-P from one of the people at the club and I found it to be more controllable. However, I found my tenergy grippier and to generate a lot more intense spin if I had to compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I've used MX-P for a few months, and recently tried Tenergy 05. I found the MX-p is faster, more spinny yet still is more controllable. Others tried it and agreed. It's been a few years since it's release, and I assume most people agree with me, so why is Tenergy still so popular?

I think the answer is that not everybody agrees. I like MX-P a lot, but found my margin for error a bit lower so I still use T05. People's preference depends a lot on what they are most familiar with. So OP played with MX-P for awhile and only later tried T05 and at that point didn't like it as much. I can easily see how that could happen.

I played with T05 for about six years, and when I tried MX-P, I didn't like it as much. Close call, though.

I doubt it is marketing. I would certainly prefer to pay half. I have no particular love for Btfly above other brands. I hate the way they price items. I very much dislike the North American vendor.

Also, Tinykin makes a good point. If there were no other ESN rubbers out there, Evolution would probably outsell Tenergy.

Last edited:
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
At the pro level, Tenergy 05 is still the better rubber, though MX-P is coming close. The key thing is what happens when you hit and spin the ball really hard. Most rubber have sponges that collapse or topsheets that cannot handle the stress of the spin and power. Tenergy 05 does best because of its special sponge, and MX-P is not too shabby, especially on the topsheet part, though likely less so on the power part. Again these are spin and speed at the highest levels, not things that most of us deal with.

I am testing a blade with MX-P and it is a fantastic rubber. I think people whose technique can support it should definitely use it.

I am not so sure. I had a chat with a close friend who is a pro in the top 100 and he does not agree with you NextLevel.... AND he is sponsored by Butterfly... I would put it this way instead - Tenergy can still compete - but the other brands are now making more powerful, spinnier sheets. Just look at the rallies in T2 for instance, and look at the games of Paul vs the Butterfly players. In rallies where its spin vs spin and power v power - the butterfly players almost invariably lose - and always looking at their rubbers afterwards.... Nah - even I can see that Butterfly is no longer the leader in the tt space.

Reactions: Gourav Acharya

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I am not so sure. I had a chat with a close friend who is a pro in the top 100 and he does not agree with you NextLevel.... AND he is sponsored by Butterfly... I would put it this way instead - Tenergy can still compete - but the other brands are now making more powerful, spinnier sheets. Just look at the rallies in T2 for instance, and look at the games of Paul vs the Butterfly players. In rallies where its spin vs spin and power v power - the butterfly players almost invariably lose - and always looking at their rubbers afterwards.... Nah - even I can see that Butterfly is no longer the leader in the tt space.

I finally figured it out. Tibhar is paying a couple guys to be their social media department and go around all the forums posting stuff like this. Seriously, why reply to a post from 2015, on a topic that has literally been covered one million times, if it isn't a paid post? Must be the money.

Reactions: NextLevel
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Dont be silly mate. Why you ask? Well, because I have been on this forum far longer than you - and sometimes I read stuff I find interesting and comment on it - and invite debate.
But what I dont invite is insults - as the forum moderators I am sure, will take note of... and in any case, you kill your own point - do you know how many people Butterfly pays (players, media etc) to promote its product? ))?

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
And to add to my previous point:

So what if this topic has been covered a million (or even 10 million) times, what gives you the right to assume I cannot make my own comment on it??! and it may have been covered for YOU - but it was not covered for ME.
I would assume you are gracious enough to let people excercise their right of freedom of speech?
And finally, I only came by this information recently, and thought I would add it to the debate. Thats why its called a FORUM my friend - everyone is free to make comments - without getting insulted, or on the receiving end of silly assumptions.