This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Which Joola premium line rubbers do you recommend to use with ZQH Alc 90

How does Joola ZQH Alc compare to Joola Freeze

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

This blade is good so far. The handle is smaller than I expected, so I put grip tape on. With a boosted 40 degree hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge, I can hit ridiculously powerful forehands. However, opening loops are hard to control and smashing is very inconsistent. So I think I'll switch to a 39 degree orange sponge hurricane for more control.

What is a good backhand rubber for this blade? I'm using the Donic Bluegrip C2 with it right now but I know I can do better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hello,

Out of curiosity, from what level of table tennis would you recommend this blade?
I am far from being an advanced player but I have already played with a Viscaria, 36.5 ALX, HL5, Boll ALC, etc.
I was just wondering if with an H3 (unboosted) and a slow tensor for the BH it could do it for an average player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think if you are bellow TTR2000 by German points and you already have a Viscaria and Boll ALC you should save your money unless you want something with a fuller handle than BTY blades.

I think the blade works better with ESN rubbers that try to imitate H3N BS boosted. Donic C2, Rakza Z EH, Tibhar K2 and possibly K3, Dynaryz ZGR, Omega 7 China etc etc.

By slow backhand rubber what do you mean? Like a Vega Pro or something similar? I think it would be great. But I also think softer Chinese type rubbers would work well, like Rakza Z or Rasanter C48, those are not particularly fast either.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I think if you are bellow TTR2000 by German points and you already have a Viscaria and Boll ALC you should save your money unless you want something with a fuller handle than BTY blades.

I think the blade works better with ESN rubbers that try to imitate H3N BS boosted. Donic C2, Rakza Z EH, Tibhar K2 and possibly K3, Dynaryz ZGR, Omega 7 China etc etc.

By slow backhand rubber what do you mean? Like a Vega Pro or something similar? I think it would be great. But I also think softer Chinese type rubbers would work well, like Rakza Z or Rasanter C48, those are not particularly fast either.

I don't know the equivalent of the French rankings compared to the German ones.
Regarding the blades I mentioned, some have just been tried briefly out of curiosity and others tested during a purchase / resale.
Actually my setup is the one displayed on my profile.

For the BH, I was thinking of a Rakza 7, FX-P, etc... to reduce the speed of the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I don't know the equivalent of the French rankings compared to the German ones.
Regarding the blades I mentioned, some have just been tried briefly out of curiosity and others tested during a purchase / resale.
Actually my setup is the one displayed on my profile.

For the BH, I was thinking of a Rakza 7, FX-P, etc... to reduce the speed of the blade.

Sorry, I misunderstood. In this case it's worth getting it over a TB ALC or VIS.
FX-P might be too soft, Rakza 7 or Rakza X should be pretty good. I would probably take the X, since they don't have a meaningful price not speed difference, but the X works better with plastic balls. Fastarc G-1 should be pretty good too, it's even slower and has better grip than Rakza 7/X.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Sorry, I misunderstood. In this case it's worth getting it over a TB ALC or VIS.
FX-P might be too soft, Rakza 7 or Rakza X should be pretty good. I would probably take the X, since they don't have a meaningful price not speed difference, but the X works better with plastic balls. Fastarc G-1 should be pretty good too, it's even slower and has better grip than Rakza 7/X.

And do you really think that the set can be adapted to a player of this level?
If this is the case, the advantage is that all you have to do is change the speed of the rubbers according to the progress.

Why do you say he would disagree between rubbers that try to imitate boosted H3N BS over H3N unboosted? I'm certain he could do this with Dynaryz ZGR or similar rubbers as well.

Yup, but nevertheless he still chooses Hurricane 3 on both sides.
I thought you said 'better' as in 'ESN is definitely better' than H3 neo BS boosted.
May be it's language barrier, I don't know.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Yup, but nevertheless he still chooses Hurricane 3 on both sides.
I thought you said 'better' as in 'ESN is definitely better' than H3 neo BS boosted.
May be it's language barrier, I don't know.

I myself would take a boosted H3 BS over any ESN hybrid or D09c. But against unboosted orange H3N the ESN hybrids are better (much better). Boosted H3N orange was good too, not sure if better than Rakza Z EH or Bluegrip C2.

Reactions: mihalichtheone
Today I made an entire training using the ZQH 90 (DNA Platinum M max on FH and 2.1 on BH) against a very good defender, a player that puts every ball you shot to him on the table, varying the effects on the ball a lot of times during each rally.
On monday also I made a training against him using my current blade, Sunflex LSH Tokio Edition 2020 with DNA Platinum M max on FH and 2.1mm on BH.
Therefore I can compare the two setups.
I'm very surprised that ZQH 90 performed greatly! I thought I couldn't control it the way I need against such an high quality defender, instead to my big surprise not only I could control very well each shot (topspin against backspin, against block, topspin drive, drive) but I was able to put easily a lot of speed and spin on the ball, driving effortlessy.
With my current blade, on monday, against the same opponent, I had to put a lot of effort to obtain the same quality shots I made effortlessy with ZQH 90. It was so difficult to obtain the point. That exactly reflects the results: on monday I lost 3-1 3-1 (two matches); today I won 3-1 3-2 and lost 3-1.
At the end of the 3 matches my opponent confirmed that the ZQH setup was better in every aspect of the perfomance than the previous one.
In the next trainings I'm gonna play against aggressive attackers with good serves (one with short pips on bh and another one with both inverted like me) and higher ranks than me to see how I perform...but I'm thrilled, I'm seriously thinking to switch to ZQH 90 for the rest of the season!!
I will update the results but this blade has really impressed me so far!
It is not rubbera fault. Sometimes we are in a great shape sometimes not. So that's why I sold my ZQ90, because when hard times comes, ZQ90 doesn't help me.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
It is not rubbera fault. Sometimes we are in a great shape sometimes not. So that's why I sold my ZQ90, because when hard times comes, ZQ90 doesn't help me.
Where did I speak about rubbers?

When hard times come, I usually focus on my technical weaknesses and try to fix my mistakes by hard training. I don't sell my blade.

ZQ90 is a great blade, a keeper.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Recently Andro released new blades especially andro synteliac vci (Limba inner), andro synteliac vco (Koto outer) and it made in Korea as well. I have noticed the color of material is green color.
Does anyone have tried these compare to Joola Zhou Qihao 90.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello. Can someone please help me with an opinion?
I want to order this blade but I cannot decide which handle, ST or FL. I am a fh dominating player but my hand is quite big and from what I've seen in the pictured and comments, the FL handle is thin while the ST is more big.
Which one should I take? Does anyone have the ST one to comment how comfortable it is?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Back to using the ZQ90 from W968 and the first couple of things I notice is that it's a lot faster.
Thicker FL handle, quite a bit lighter.

These are not surprising things, but it's a lot crisper and harder. But the contact feeling with the ball is not reduced, probably because of the clear and crisp contact feeling it's even better than W968.

It's easier to play than W968. You know like you buy a sheet of G-1 and it's great. You brush a layer of falco on it and it is just so much nicer to use. I had the same feeling with this blade too now. The extra speed just helps a lot against empty and dead balls. I did some warmup against pips and I had less trouble than with W968.

Actually, I didn't feel like I'm playing with a blade that is totally alien, sure faster and harder and crisper but I didn't have to do major changes so the ZQ90 has to have a pretty decent arc even compared to W968. Not as extreme, but not that far off.

What was a quite significant difference is that I cannot rely on the whip effect of the W968 here. If I do the ball will just go into the net. Honestly that is the biggest difference I have to pay attention now, but with time and practice that will just become first nature.

From back it's also nice to have the extra speed so I don't have to use all my power.

But from close also no issues, in fact probably also better that I don't need to use so much power always and I can play a bit more loosey-goosey.

I've been using the G-1 on BH and Q Quality on FH. Both are very well supported by the blade.

Reactions: ben1229