Which team do you think will win the World Team Championships 2014?

• China

Votes: 172 80.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
ZEN-NOH World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014, April 28th - May 05th, Tokyo, Japan​

Total number of team entries is: 121

Click for our Media Library which contains all the matches from the WTTTC 2014!

The ZEN-NOH World Team Table Tenis Championships is just around the corner with the action beginning Tokyo on Monday 28th April and concluding on Monday 5th May 2014.

Live matches from the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014 can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

What a year 2014 has been so far with recent World Tours. The next major event in store for table tennis World will be the World Team Table Tennis Championships! Reigning World team champions China, won the championships in 2012 defeating Germany in the final. Zhang Jike as seen in the picture below defeated Germany's Timo Boll in the epic final two years ago..

What will happen this time round, will China once again secure the Men's Team Title?

zhangjikeboll2012.jpg

Zhang Jike recorded vital win in his second World Championship for China in 2012 - AP Photo/Frank Augstein

So I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014! Lets get things under way! Who have you voted in our WTTTC 2012 poll?

Men's Team Seedings

chinachampions2012.jpg

Chinese National Men's Team Champions of 2012 in Dortmund - photo by: sportschau.de

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division - Second Division - Third Division

Team and players

01) China - (Xu Xin, Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao)
02) Germany - (Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Timo Boll, Patrick Baum, Bastian Steger, Patrick Franziska)
03) Japan - (Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa, Kenta Matsudaira, Masato Shiono, Seiya Kishikawa)
04) Korea Republic - (Joo Se Hyuk, Kim Min Seok, Cho Eonrae, Jun Yungsik, Lee Jungwoo)
05) Chinese Taipei - (Chuang Chih Yuan, Chen Chien-An, Chiang Hung-Chieh, Huang Sheng-Sheng, Wu Chih-Chi)
06) Portugal - (Marcos Freitas, Tiago Apolonia, Joao Monteiro, Andre Silva, Joao Geraldo)
07) Hong Kong - (Tang Peng, Jiang Tianyi, Wong Chun Ting, Leung Chu Yan, Cheung Yuk)
08) Austria - (Robert Gardos, Chen Weixing, Stefan Fegerl, Daniel Habesohn, Werner Schlager)
09) Croatia - (Andrej Gacina, Tan Ruiwu, Tomislav Kolarek, Frane Kojic, Tomislav Pucar)
10) Russia - (Alexander Shibaev, Kirill Skachkov, Alexey Liventsov, Grigory Vlasov, Mikhail Paikov)
11) France
12) Sweden
13) Belarus
14) Greece
15) Singapore
16) Brazil
17) Denmark
18) Polan

Full list of Men's teams here.

Women's Team Seedings

chinawomenchamps2012.jpg

Chinese National Women's Team Champions of 2012 in Dortmund. Photo by: chinadaily.com

In 2012 the Chinese National Women's team gained revenge over Singapore after they had lost in 2010 in which was one of the biggest sporting upsets in table tennis history. China's Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Guo Yan, Li Xiaoxia, and Guo Yue won this 2012 World Team Championships. Below are the seeds for this years World Team Championships.

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division - Second Division - Third Division

Team and players

01) China
02) Japan
03) Korea Republic
04) Hong Kong
05) Singapore
06) Germany
07) Chinese Taipei
08) Korea
09) Romania
10) Hungary
11) Ukraine
12) Russia
13) Czech Republic
14) Netherlands
15) Poland
16) belarus
17) USA
18) Slovak Republic

Full list of Women's teams here.

This is going to be a fantastic tournament so lets get started by discussing the seeds. We can use this discussion as a means to display all the latest results, news, and more from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each division?

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Maybe Germany can finish 1:3 against China but noting can stop China to become the champion.

Actually, there si possible for Germany to win.. Dima and Timo are really strong players, and both have been doing really well against chinese players. If Boll can find back to his old prime game and Dima can bring out his best + Baum plays like never before, it can be Germany that wins.. But that's just IF hahah :p

But China will probably win the whole thing.. Maybe lose a game or two.. Too bad, but it's not Chinas fault, they are doing all they can to be best! If the other countries want to win, they have to step up their work at home

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Read 3 reviews
You never know what germany can do... I voted for them. Believing is the first step ;)
Timo on his best level can beat anyone, we know that. He has beaten the whole chinese team against who they are going to play if they meet, and not unimportant, he won against 2 of them last time (zhang jike and xu xin). I hope he plays against xu xin, he has the biggest chance against him. And for Dima, I hope he will play Zhang jike, but I can't believe Ma Long wouldn't be tho one playing on of them, and probably xu xin number three. Best for germany is to put franziska as their third men. Stegers lobbing certainly won't do it against XX and the same counts for Baum, his blocking game isn't enough. Franziska has the most possibilities, he can change his game when it isn't working, Baum and Steger can't. I find it sad that suss isn't in the team anymore (that's normal, due to his injury of last year, but still, he has a good game).

Let's hope for the best. The germans are the only ones who really have a chance. The japanese... Jun has never won against one of them, except against Ma Lin, but he isn't there. Koki Niwa has beaten Ma Long once, but I doubt that he will repeat that. Kenta has the best game against the chinese and has beaten XX and FZD already. Zhang Jike almost and also against Ma Long he has a decent chance. Maybe it ios best that Shiono plays instead of Niwa, but that will depent on their performances in the tournament.

And South Korea... it is a strong team, but not as strong as they were. They had to ask Joo to play again to make sure they will win against the lesser teams. It is a bummer that Lee Sang Su isnt' in the line up, he always has a chance against the chinese.

Where is Smirnov by the way? Don't ever forget the russians, they surprised me already manytimes (but against china, it won't be enough ofcourse)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
May be more fun to vote for who will be 2nd or 3rd. ;)

Yes this should be more interesting. I think japan players did great work last year, especially kenta and masato. I think they Can win against germany. Korea is also strong last time. In my opinion Korea vs japan should fight for 2nd place and germany with portugal for 4th. But future will show.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Germany is going to be 2nd and Japan 3rd.

If Germany wants to win against China, it needs two things:
1) they play their best game of life.
2) China plays it's worst!

Only one of them is not going to be enough.
how about china playing at their normal level?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I believe Korea will make it to final :) They will probably win Germany in semifinal. I never believe Japan, they do have bunch of well-known players but plying so unstable and inconsistent. Furthermore, whole team of Japan is playing in Germany and aomeqhere in Europe, then European players have already got very much used to Japanese style, which is consequently going to make JP team really difficult time. Thats my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk