Old and new Hurricane 3 experience

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Maybe it just needed breaking in? Or it was the commercial version. The grabbing feeling you describe is quite typical for the provincial and national versions.
It was a brand new commercial. Mine was an old purple package commercial as well.

Reactions: Brozi
Maybe it just needed breaking in? Or it was the commercial version. The grabbing feeling you describe is quite typical for the provincial and national versions.
The “new” H3 is still spinny as a bat out of hell, don’t know of a spinier rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: kindof99
Sanwei Target National. You will not be disappointed.
the tackiness wears of very fast (new version)

but the ball has the dead effect. where it stops bouncing after 2-3 bounces

i think its the closest thing to tg2, which is cool for all the tg2 enjoyers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Could also be because of humidity forcing rubbers to "sweat"... So, they could be just drying the topsheet
By "sweat" you mean water condenses on the rubber? And only Ma Long and WCQ need to dry (coincidentally tacky) topsheets with their dusty towels, whereas nobody else notices water on their rubbers? I mean, I wouldn't be able to play with wet tenergy either. Or water just condenses on tacky rubbers?

says I am addicted to table tennis... 🥲
By "sweat" you mean water condenses on the rubber? And only Ma Long and WCQ need to dry (coincidentally tacky) topsheets with their dusty towels, whereas nobody else notices water on their rubbers? I mean, I wouldn't be able to play with wet tenergy either. Or water just condenses on tacky rubbers?
Almost every player wipes their topsheets between points. I personally use the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo and the environment gets humid here, so yes, you may say that "water condenses on the rubber", which reduces the tack significantly. Even though every rubber can get affected by a humid environment, take this with a grain of salt, but I am pretty sure tacky rubbers are more sensitive to environment and demand more proper/thorough care. I am forced to wipe it a few times during trainings as well, although I use a sponge, not a "dusty towel". Perhaps they just don't have anything else near them to quickly wipe the topsheet, so they just use whatever they have, as it does the job for the time being. As for non-tacky rubbers, players mostly use their hand, it's sufficient enough - I did as well, when I used European non-tacky pre-made

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
the tackiness wears of very fast (new version)

but the ball has the dead effect. where it stops bouncing after 2-3 bounces

i think its the closest thing to tg2, which is cool for all the tg2 enjoyers
All Chinese rubbers wear off the tackiness a bit after the first week or two. However, to me, Sanwei Target National is still quite tacky after 1-2 weeks. My comparison is related to H3 commercial and all hybrid rubbers (K2, K3, Dragon Grip, D09c, etc.) which are all non-tacky in my strict definition; they are grippy but not tacky.

So Sanwei Target National's tackiness still beat lots of those rubbers.

I know what you mean the ball stops bouncing after 2-3 bounces. I think it is due to the residual tackiness and the hard blue sponge. But that's what I like about it. Yeah, my backhand rubber is C-1, FX-D and Rakza 7 soft right now. Obviously the ball bounces a few times once I drop on these sheets of rubber. But that's my backhand. I want a catapult effect on my backhand rubber.

My forehand rubber. I want it hard. I want it tacky. I want to spin and ball. Sanwei Target National and H3 neo provincial blue sponge fit that description to the T. I find Sanwei Target National to have a good top speed once you hit it hard enough. By contrast, with C-1, FX-D and Rakza 7 soft, you just make a tiny little movement and the ball just shoots off.

I respect your opinions. Everyone just plays differently and that's why I don't respond too much about equipment questions anymore. I am also of the opinion that having tried man ESN rubbers, they all behave pretty similarly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Try the pro version H 3 neo blue sponge province 40/41 , end with 710s, very good . But not as tacky as old one.
What do you mean ending with 710's?

I have been purchasing H3 neo blue sponge provincial 39 degree from Aliexpress and the tackiness is there.

I have NOT purchased any of those sheets from TT11 precisely because I am predicting that their stock has no tackiness.

Anyway, TT11 is slightly cheaper with 30% bulk discount but it is not worth it. I rather get mine from Aliexpress and get some tacky rubber after all. I cannot play with non-tacky rubber on my forehand side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
What do you mean ending with 710's?

I have been purchasing H3 neo blue sponge provincial 39 degree from Aliexpress and the tackiness is there.

I have NOT purchased any of those sheets from TT11 precisely because I am predicting that their stock has no tackiness.

Anyway, TT11 is slightly cheaper with 30% bulk discount but it is not worth it. I rather get mine from Aliexpress and get some tacky rubber after all. I cannot play with non-tacky rubber on my forehand side.
It's just the code on the sponge that starts with letters. The professional version normally end with 710S in that code.

Reactions: kindof99 and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I just glued a Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo (8701). The topsheet is only slightly sticky but has very good quality, same as provincial. Better quality than commercial version for sure. The Nittaku version also has the glossy topsheet you are looking for.

However, it did not react to the booster all that much. I will playtest it today, but I expect it to perform inbetween commercial and provincial version

Edit: I glued a H3N Provincial 37 on the backhand, and the Nittaku H3N is slightly more sticky and also less bouncy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I just glued a Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo (8701). The topsheet is only slightly sticky but has very good quality, same as provincial. Better quality than commercial version for sure. The Nittaku version also has the glossy topsheet you are looking for.

However, it did not react to the booster all that much. I will playtest it today, but I expect it to perform inbetween commercial and provincial version

Edit: I glued a H3N Provincial 37 on the backhand, and the Nittaku H3N is slightly more sticky and also less bouncy.
Are you saying the Nittaku is less tacky now? Didn't it used to be able to pick up a ball?

The problem with Nittaku Hurricane and Sanwei Target National is that they weight 5lbs. I'm sure they're a good rubber but I'm not sure I can play with a hammer in my hands.

Reactions: Lowday20298
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Are you saying the Nittaku is less tacky now? Didn't it used to be able to pick up a ball?

The problem with Nittaku Hurricane and Sanwei Target National is that they weight 5lbs. I'm sure they're a good rubber but I'm not sure I can play with a hammer in my hands.
You are confusing it with nittaku h3 turbo. nittaku h3n 8701 is similar to the provincial version and in fact about 3g lighter

Nitakku h3n can lift the ball for about half a second when brand new

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I must have won the Loki Arthur China lottery. Over 40 hours of play on it over 4 months and topsheet is pristine. Still tacky enough to lift the ball from table to shoulder height before it falls.

My 729 Bloom Power is much less tacky after only 10 hours of play. Similar experience with Battle 2 Pro and Rxton 5.

Reactions: Lowday20298