DHS hurricane neo 2 or neo 3?

says How much wood would a Clipper Wood clip if a Clipper...
says How much wood would a Clipper Wood clip if a Clipper...
Jan 2024
Dima tried for one year and it was difficult for him
You can't possibly describe the efforts of a top player in 11 words.
What does this even mean?

Also, a 1% decrease in successfully landed shots, for a top player, can make a world of difference. An amateur wouldn't even notice that. Same for 1% change in spin, 1 degree lower arc, etc. So if it's "too difficult" for him, well, I'm sure he would still wipe every single sub-top player off the table. (the premade bat challenge comes to mind)

And then there's the result: Dima will continue playing with what he's sponsored by.
As an amateur, I'm all for trying out. As long as a player realized they're playing with *very* different equipment, trying out can really only broaden one's horizon (or empty one's wallet lol).

I wish I tried out different blades and rubbers a LOT more 20 years ago... Well luckily I can actually afford more of it nowadays, but it might have helped me to never quit TT in the first place.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'm with Tony. The transition from Rozena to any China Rubber (H2 or H3) will be difficult to do and will most probably end up in frustration.

I would suggest going slowly with harder rubbers. Start with something like XIOM Vega Pro H and get familiar with harder sponges. You may then transition to Joola Tronix ZGR and from there the step to H3 Neo is possible.
I am torn.

I think the original poster should probably stick with Rozena if he has been progressing.

However, if he wants to try Hurricane or Chinese tacky rubber, I don't see why we should stop him. Chinese rubber is an acquired taste. Some people like it. Some people hate it.

Some players coming from ESN/Japanese rubber may like it while other may hate it. If it works for their game and it is not going to break the bank, why not try it?

I just don't like hybrid rubbers. I have tried many of them but it is just not the same. I would personally stick with Rozena or go try Hurricane but skip hybrids altogether. Either you are in or you are out. That's the way I see it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You can't possibly describe the efforts of a top player in 11 words.
What does this even mean?
It means hurricane 3 isnt for everyone
I know many that doesn’t use it (and have tried before, and have the coaching team resources to make it work)
Also, a 1% decrease in successfully landed shots, for a top player, can make a world of difference. An amateur wouldn't even notice that. Same for 1% change in spin, 1 degree lower arc, etc. So if it's "too difficult" for him, well, I'm sure he would still wipe every single sub-top player off the table. (the premade bat challenge comes to mind)

And then there's the result: Dima will continue playing with what he's sponsored by.
As an amateur, I'm all for trying out. As long as a player realized they're playing with *very* different equipment, trying out can really only broaden one's horizon (or empty one's wallet lol).

I wish I tried out different blades and rubbers a LOT more 20 years ago... Well luckily I can actually afford more of it nowadays, but it might have helped me to never quit TT in the first place.
Ok

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm with Tony. The transition from Rozena to any China Rubber (H2 or H3) will be difficult to do and will most probably end up in frustration.

I would suggest going slowly with harder rubbers. Start with something like XIOM Vega Pro H and get familiar with harder sponges. You may then transition to Joola Tronix ZGR and from there the step to H3 Neo is possible.

Transition isn’t impossible but if transition is based on numbers on revspin, then I suggested to try someone else first
If money isnt a problem then buy and explore.

Technical adjustments is just required
However I would imagine rozena users will adapt to harder esn or tenergy 05 a lot easier than a total different breed to in H3

Reactions: ben1229 and vossi39
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I am torn.

I think the original poster should probably stick with Rozena if he has been progressing.

However, if he wants to try Hurricane or Chinese tacky rubber, I don't see why we should stop him. Chinese rubber is an acquired taste. Some people like it. Some people hate it.

Some players coming from ESN/Japanese rubber may like it while other may hate it. If it works for their game and it is not going to break the bank, why not try it?

I just don't like hybrid rubbers. I have tried many of them but it is just not the same. I would personally stick with Rozena or go try Hurricane but skip hybrids altogether. Either you are in or you are out. That's the way I see it.
I'm not torn.

I can't imagine a Rozena player having any fun with H3 Neo. Not a single aspect of the learned stroke mechanics will stay similar.

Hybrid might not be for everyone, but for someone that is used to soft sponge rubber, it will be a way to learn about the effects of tackiness without ontop worrying about a dead hard sponge, that starts exploding as soon as you hit with a bit more force.

But as you said. This might be subjective. I will not try to stop him, but give perspective and alternatives and my reasoning behind it. If that resonates with TO fine, if not fine as well. I'm too long into testing and coaching to know, that everyone has to find out for himself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
neoH2 with booster coz the loop has such low throw and if it goes over the net, you'll feel like being hit with a crack c0c4in3 shot up your nose. It is so darn addictive. The operative word here being, IF it goes over.

The loop is so low, it is like skimming on the surface of the table.
I actually get quite a similar effect from using the battle 2 blue sponge 39.

• Love
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It means hurricane 3 isnt for everyone
I know many that doesn’t use it (and have tried before, and have the coaching team resources to make it work)

Ok
Agree. I have maybe 6 people in my club who have tried it. Only one decided to switch. They all used commercial H3 neo with orange sponge boosted by me. So 5 of them did not like it.

The only gentleman who tried it and like it so far is using H3 neo provincial blue sponge that he got off from me. He put it on his Viscaria and likes it quite a bit. He uses Dignics 09c on the backhand side.

So it is not for everyone.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
A bit off topic.
I want a slow but very spinny tacky rubber. I find H3 good but demanding and a bit too "fast". So I guess G666 is an option. A long ago I tried it and it was dead but crazy spinny. So what about now? I've heard the DHS reduced tackiness. If all of their rubbers aren't tacky anymore what dead but spinny tacky rubber can you recommend? H3 is good but fast. CJ8000? Mercury?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A bit off topic.
I want a slow but very spinny tacky rubber. I find H3 good but demanding and a bit too "fast". So I guess G666 is an option. A long ago I tried it and it was dead but crazy spinny. So what about now? I've heard the DHS reduced tackiness. If all of their rubbers aren't tacky anymore what dead but spinny tacky rubber can you recommend? H3 is good but fast. CJ8000? Mercury?
I recall Xiom Vega China was hard as a brick and very tacky.
This was a rubber before the days of "hybrids" coming to be.
Tau for example is a lot faster.

I kept the Vega China as a multiball feeding blade for years, the QC was pretty good, consider the hours of feeding in "dusty" environment. I think it lasted me 2 years at least.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
A bit off topic.
I think G666 is still very tacky but don't quote me on that.

Mercury II is definitely very tacky and slower than H3. I have several sheets because it is dirt cheap and I plan to put them on my spare blades...at some point....

CJ8000. I think it does not have too much tack. People use it mainly for backhand.

Sanwei Target National is very tacky. You can give that one a shot as well.

I think G666 is still very tacky but don't quote me on that.

Mercury II is definitely very tacky and slower than H3. I have several sheets because it is dirt cheap and I plan to put them on my spare blades...at some point....

CJ8000. I think it does not have too much tack. People use it mainly for backhand.

Sanwei Target National is very tacky. You can give that one a shot as well.
The Sanwei Target national I have is almost exactly as tacky as my H3 39 provincial OS from start. Can’t say anything about the longer run though. The boosting reduces tackiness in my experience… It may be a coincidence… or not…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
A bit off topic.

Loki Rxton 9 is pretty tacky (tackier than H3), still can lift the ball for couple of seconds after 4 months. But I'd not say it is signif. slower than H3, the sponge is similar to H3 BS. I think you'd like it anyway.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I tried both H2 and H3 neo versions boosted with 2 layers of Seamoon and honestly the differences are subtle.
As somebody already said H2 has a lower throw and feels a bit harder (likely just for the pimples geometry, not because of different material used).
If you think of the typical 5th ball attack where:
1) you serve under spin
2) your opponent pushes long
3) you open up with your FH
4) your opponent blocks
5) you attack with your FH

With H2 3) has higher risk of going to the net, while with H3 5) has higher risk of going long.
The differences are not huge it also depends on your technique and the blade used.
Since you can find commercial H3 and H2 neo for cheap you can try both.
H2 has just a few variants (I believe 39 and 40) while H3 has a myriad of variants.
The main issue is whether you like Chinese sticky rubbers on your FH, if you do then you can adjust
to either H2 or H3 or other brands.

Reactions: BlueInGreen
This user has no status.
A bit off topic.
Try Skyline 2. It's slower and spinnier than Hurricane 3.