Search results

  1. Need help selecting a carbon blade for a developing player...

    Maybe a 7 ply allwood is a good compromise. It's stable while blocking and stiffer and faster than 5 ply. Something like a Stiga Clipper Yinhe U2 Sanwei Fextra Donic Persson Powerplay Is plenty fast with tensors and has a different feeling then 5ply allwood
  2. Looking for the Perfect Compromise Between Boll ALC and Diode 5

    Victas has a couple options for defenders. They have a couple of faster defensive blades with or without carbon.
  3. Best cheap defensive blade?

    I have tried the Palio chop no.1 and I didn't like it, it was to stiff and bouncy for my taste. Quality is fine, but for me the feeling was not right. My favorite cheap DEF blades are Donic Defplay Senso Lion Shield Both are really slow, highest control. The Defplay has soft outer plys and...
  4. Help with rubbers

    Maybe just get the same rubber in max thickness
  5. Beginner setup advice

    I think tabletennis has so many strategies and different types of equipment, that I think he will find a setup that works for him. As for rubbers that are tried and well known: Xiom Vega series Nittaku Fastarc series You could start with Nittaku factive or xiom vega intro Both would be...
  6. Use of signals in doubles

    I use hand signals in serious matches. Direction of spin and length. Player that's better at reading the opponents/strategies calls the serves or just the player that serves to give your partner a heads up. I use following system: Index finger is backspin Thumb is topspin Fist is no spin If...
  7. Entry level setup?

    If he's a beginner and has no custom Setup yet, get him a typical beginner setup. All+ to of- allwood blade with rubbers without to much tensor effect. Stiffer blades tend to work better with blocking strategies, so I would consider a 7ply. Something like this could work: Donic Persson...
  8. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Water evaporated out of your blade and rubbers. Your scale is drifting and needs calibration. Hard to say without knowing details
  9. Recommendation for, slightly slower, long lasting Rubbers

    DHS Goldarc 8 can be bought for 30€ or less on Aliexpress. Similar to Fastarc g1 but a bit cheaper.
  10. Advice for beginner/intermediate

    Xiom vega intro is great for development of a good bh. If I were you, I'd ask my coach
  11. DHS rubber or Chinese rubber similar to Tenergy 25fx

    I only ever boosted with one layer to expand the rubber, there was a curling reaction. But it didn't feel mich different/ faster. So ver limited experience.
  12. Can I still re-use this blade?

    That blade sadly looks like it's broken beyond repair. Next just seal your blade first. Any thin water-based varnish will do. Personally I seal every blade, regardless if it's factory sealed. If you plan to use that blade a long time or have to change rubbers often, I advise to do the same...
  13. Inner Fiber Dilemma.

    While the Sanwei cc is a nice blade, its also pretty bouncy and the ones I have are very stiff and fast. Sanwei Pro 05 Dhs Fang Bo 2b/2bx Are very nice budget options. Many forum members are quite happy with the clones from Stour from AliExpress, but I have no experience with them.
  14. Recommend rubbers on Nittaku Violin

    Coming from the palio bat, a "classic" rubber might be the next step. I suggest 2mm both sides. Xiom Musa Butterfly Sriver Yasaka Mark V Spinlord Tiger Come to my mind. If you want to introduce him to tensor rubbers, Nittaku factive Xiom vega intro Andro Good Are also reasonable choices...
  15. Best Cheap non DHS blade

    Jeah yinhe pro 05 is great, but its a HL5 clone. If you want a Viscaria clone the the pro 01. Both are of great quality. The handles are a bit thicker than DHS blades.
  16. Table tennis setup for high level beginner

    If its strictly between these two, I'd say Rakza 7 on Applegren
  17. Best pips for chop-blocking and active blocking?

    The longer the pips the stranger the effects. 2 dirtcheap rubbers I can recommend to you: Yinhe pluto - is a medium pip with very hard pips. Still good at flat hitting but much less grip than 802-40 so there's some reversal of spin or more deadening effect Dawei 388d-1 OX - classic long pip...
  18. Loki Telson Power vs Sanwei 75inner vs Yinhe 970xx KLC

    Hello I'm looking for a new blade, can somebody enlighten me about the blades in the title? There's plenty of stuff to read about 75 inner, I guess that ones worth the money. Not so much to read on the other two. How's the handle of the telson blade? Is it thin like dhs? I enjoy the yinhe...
  19. From 729 Battle max pro to Battle 3

    You already made a thread like this. You have to try it, if you want to know if it is better
Top