Search results

  1. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Another issue is level difference and adaptation if possible. When someone complains about equipment or the opponents equipment , I find that if they are beginners or intermediate without established ratings amd experience playing with different playing levels in a country with a good system...
  2. Thread about Japanese Players

    Miyu Nagasaki is injured and Miwa Harimoto gets a walkover win cs Nagasaki into the next round (match wasn't even started).
  3. How to develop a style and be more agressive?

    "Fear is the mindkiller." -Dune The biggest and first step is always in training. But a not as big step but what keeps people stuck is not connecting training to matchplay. Look at how you win and lose points in matches. They will usually turn up opportunities to make certain things better...
  4. WTT Feeder Otocec-2026 (7 - 11 March 2026)

    She sure knows how to beat Yuka, that's for sure.
  5. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I played with D09c on my backhand when it first came out and during Covid, I trained with it and played the first covid tournament with it. My opponent's coaches in one match (2600+ players) said my forehand was awesome and my backhand sucked lol. So I caveat these things with saying that...
  6. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I just give my wife all my prize money at this point. It rarely covers my entry fee, it is more just a sign that I am not so terrible at table tennis that wasting my time playing has been all for naught,
  7. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Jslick89, anecdotes like yours, mine, @victormanriquey etc. are all important (we just shouldn't confuse them with scientific data without having done serious research). Everything you wrote is aligned with traditional wisdom. I have played tournament TT for roughly 15 years now, spent and...
  8. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Vs Fan Zhendong? Or Timo Boll? No one is using him as a reference, you have to read the posts to understand what he is being used for and whether how he is being used has any relevance. He was originally being used as an example of the ridiculousness of having someone use a rubber with...
  9. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Every coach has a philosophical approach to these things. Sometimes it can lead them to discount things they haven't seen which or to find explanations which are not what others might see if given all the data. For example there are some coaches who do not give a student as much attention if...
  10. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I think the very point of dispute is whether this is of any real value vs the amount of hours I have spent training etc. I often win matches after changing equipment, and then come back to earth. I need many more hours to play than I currently do - I am lucky to play twice a week.
  11. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    The good thing is you are helping people. The bad thing is that the actual impact of these equipment recommendations vs the impact of coaching, I dunno. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people, likely including myself, play with stuff that is likely suboptimal for them. What that means however in...
  12. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Putting stock into anyone's EJing is granting them expertise they probably don't have. IT's one thing to know a player and how they play and see whether you want to use what they use. It's another thing to claim that you know what someone will play best with when all factors are considered...
  13. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    He used Hurricane for a long time too - bad for his level?
  14. My Race Tournaments in Germany

    Happy to see you back to continue the conversation with your "haters"!
  15. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Oh no, Musclepong switched to D09c.... what is going on lol... @victormanriquey , save him fast....
  16. Thread about Japanese Players

    The one thing I will say is that Odo has become a huge practitioner of hidden serves and that I wonder whether she would survive a TTR review of that match with WMY. That said, she played well and the rest is really up to WTT.
  17. Thread about Japanese Players

    It's still one match though. We need to see some trends . The whole event will say a lot.
  18. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Its quite possible she was playing hurt. With WMY, you never know. She just plays through it. That said, it was clear Odo was hitting winners. We will just see whether she can back it up.
  19. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Yes. He has been for a while now you can see it on Butterfly Global. He also switched to Zyre on backhand as part of the change.
  20. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Great win for Odo - but when you win like that, you have to back it up! The Avatar state cannot disappear just like that... Her next challenge shoiuld be Chen Yi in the quarters...
Top