Search results

  1. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Again, I get that these are pressing political issues that impact the lives of people. I am old and wise enough to know that these things can be related to any and every topic of national and international interest so in the end, there is no point discussing them outside of their direct impact...
  2. Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 80/64 For Backhand

    He might just be a good player. That said, Tenergy 19 was designed to make mid-distance Euro style looping great again. Whether it succeeds at any level, people can judge that.
  3. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    That's not the impression I get reading this article at all. What I get is that there are diplomatic issues tied to recent statements by the Japanese PM regarding China and Taiwan. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2025-11-18/japan-moves-to-calm-tensions-with-china-over-taiwan-comments/106020928...
  4. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Looks like Kallberg is going to be the villain of the Sweden Hong Kong match and T Harimoto won't matter for the Japan Germany match. Japan Korea will probably be when the event begins. I was surprised that China Korea was so boring...
  5. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    No disagreement - it's a matter of what this becomes in practice and to what degree this is inherent to the event as opposed to something that can be more easily addressed either in another thread or on another kind of forum. But that bridge will be crossed when if/when it is reached.
  6. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Is Harimoto just terrible against top players who use RPB?
  7. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Someone may have answered this elsewhere but why is Lam Siu Hang playing these singles and not Chan Baldwin?
  8. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Miwa limits Annett's lightning in a bottle performance to the Olympics and bagels her in Chengdu.
  9. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    It's good to know that there is an alternative context for understanding all this that makes it possibly more palatable. That said, since the focus will largely be on this event, I suspect this discussion might have to take place elsewhere if it gets too long. It is interesting that Chinese...
  10. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    I don't remember Zhu Chengzhu ever being particularly good vs chop. What changed?
  11. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Looks like Germany willplay Kaufmann against Harimoto and to that end, put Mittelham and Duda in the XD. Will be interesting to see whether that yields fruit on the whole. I wonder whether they will test Winter in XD at some point...
  12. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Ladies and Gentlemen, as much as we try to be laissez faire, please if someone posts something blatantly undesirable to the forum just report it rather than creating a trail of posts that will need to be deleted eventually. I have deleted posts related to wishing death to those who erroneously...
  13. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Umpire messing up the score a few times in Croatia - France. What's the cause???
  14. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Charlotte Lutz beats Lea Rakovic 3-0. I guess France was saving her for Croatia while Croatia tired its players out in Round 1...
  15. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Gauzy does a behind the back at 0-1, 9-6 that has Arapovic looking lost lol....
  16. WTT Feeder Parma 2025, 29 Nov - 3 Dec 2025

    If someone had told me that Yang Haeun still had a WTT title in her, I would have called them a liar lol. Congrats to her. https://www.worldtabletennis.com/description?artId=5671
  17. Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 80/64 For Backhand

    64 is pretty decent on forehand, it is a style choice, people who are used to arcing low balls with thick brush with confidence will not be huge fans of 64 vs something like 09c or Zyre or 05 because arc and spin matter when you are trying to thread the needle under precise...
  18. Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 80/64 For Backhand

    Dignics broadly is not as jumpy as Tenergy and Tenergy 19 was designed to not be as jumpy as T05 (I have two sheets of T19, just haven't played with them, I have tested a Teammates blade, he said he was happy to switch from 05 to 19 on forehand because he could play flat more). The thing is...
  19. Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 80/64 For Backhand

    Those are all good rubbers, probably the most all round is Dignics 80, but Dignics 64 and Tenergy 19 are pretty spinny and good as well. They are much faster and broadly produce more spin than the Vega Pro/Hexer/Rakza 7 generation though I have a soft spot for Hexer,C-1 and Rakza 7, but they...
  20. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Definitely not good if true. Dangerous especially if the inciter is capable of executing on it ore getting others to. Hopefully, there are steps take to address it.
Top