Search results

  1. Do pros push topspin serves?

    i think its a semantics thing. when i think push...i think paddle flat (open) and pushing from your body to where you are aiming across the table. these videos and what i was describing are what i consider drop shots. i guess its kinda like a push where instead of moving fowards the push is...
  2. Do pros push topspin serves?

    you can't push a topspin serve, but with the correct technique, you can drop it short: -soft hand -lean in with chest -catch the ball on the rise -downward motion with paddle -sometimes even slightly closed paddle it's a technique i'm still working on mastering. i woudl say its one of the more...
  3. Table Tennis Clubs in Seoul

    @Der_Echte should be able to help you! He used to live in SK.
  4. Countering heavy top challenge

    In practice i don't really call illegal serves. I try to practice stronger mental fortitude. but in a match that has a score keeper, i would probably call it out! especially ones as bad as this.
  5. Countering heavy top challenge

    there's a loser at my club who starts doing this same exactly thing when he begins to lose the match. shady AF.
  6. Countering heavy top challenge

    Shot at 12 seconds: This one you tried counter but if you look at your torso you are almost leaning back. I'm not an expert but it looks like you side stepped but maybe if you side stepped half a step backwards along with your side step you would have been in a better position to lean forward...
  7. Countering heavy top challenge

    Also, from what i saw, it looks like your paddle is pretty open when you try to block and your pushing forward. Try closing the paddle a little bit and adding a slight downward push to your block. That's how i block some of the heaviest topspin shots that come my way.
  8. Countering heavy top challenge

    my first thought too. I would literally just call let on all of his serves until he fixes his illegal toss. ball is going up maybe 2-3 inches max.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    tournament is in 2 weeks bro!
  10. Huge Delima, I play with both hands and not improving

    You already ignored plenty of points people made in this thread the main one being this: -how would one serve with the ball in an open palm if each hand is holding a paddle? Also, read my post again, I said its impossible to complete by 2035. California is not building any new coal plants...
  11. Huge Delima, I play with both hands and not improving

    lol dude what are you honestly talking about? Do you really think you can legally play table tennis with a paddle in each hand? I think you are trolling. If you aren't, you are seriously making millennials look bad. BTW, I just did a quick google search and it looks like 70% of Melbourne's...
  12. WE ASKED WTT CEO ABOUT THE SIDE ANGLE | Steve Dainton

    Split screen side angle and 80/20. Side angle shows the speed and both players...footwork all that. The 80/20 shows the spin and insane quality of some of these shots but you miss out on parts of the player from the opposite table. As of right now, the side angle with the different angle...
  13. Huge Delima, I play with both hands and not improving

    Sorry to hear about your lingering shoulder injury. I've been dealing with a lower back for nearly a decade now. Sucks. I spend a lot of time doing strengthening exercises to try and prevent old aches and pains coming. To answer your question though- i think you need to pick a hand and stick...
  14. Do you have more than one racket that you regularly use?

    I have two rackets but they are they exact same set up. Slightly different feels though. I don't EJ and I don't experiment too much. I try to work on my technique and tactics if i want to increase my rating.
  15. Moral Question Here…

    haha that is awesome. One of my club mates up here in the Sacramento area is going to his first tournament in the bay area soon. I told him to be weary of the kids. they might be rated 600 but they very well could have the skill and play like that are 1500+. I told him to give no mercy to anyone...
  16. Moral Question Here…

    Exactly. It's more disrespectful to your opponent to play "easy" on them. For one, if they do beat you while you aren't using the best tactic available, it means there win is not worth as much, so you're actually taking something away from your opponent. If you play your best against your...
  17. Moral Question Here…

    I have a rule in table tennis- NO MERCY. Especially at a tournament. Doesn’t matter if you’re a child, in a wheelchair, or a senior lol.
  18. Battle of the best FH rubbers

    hypothetically speaking....what is the best speed glue brand?
  19. dignics 05 vs. 09c.

    ahh yes. Seems like the D09C is truly a unique rubber :D It's been working well for me on my backhand, but i have been curious if there might be a better backhand rubber for me. I was even thinking of that DHS H3N soft 37d or something.
Top