STIGA - TableTennisDaily China Trip Video Series!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Episode 3

Finally a new episode, this topic was turning to something different thanks to our underground core :D
Although I think this one is not that good, I think the best episode for me will be the no 2 ;)

Anyways - I am not sure I understood well - the kid in yellow, he was .. 6 ?

And also - those quickfire questions .. well .. Backhand or forehand .. what does it actually mean?
That she likes to play more backhand or she likes to play more into the opponents backhand or what ???
I am little lost in this..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
70% of the CNT players are using Stiga blades? But why do I always only see viscera light?

It is hard to say. That number may not be true. But there are a lot of guys on the CNT that we don't get to see on the international circuit.

Here is a short list of guys who made it to the last round of qualifications for this years World Table Tennis Championships. They were in the third leg of the China trials and they are all on the CNT:

Xu Chenhao

Cheng Jingqi

Fan Shengpeng

Wu Hao

Kong Lingxuan

Zheng Peifeng

Ren Hao

Ma Te

Cui Qinglei

Yin Hang

Liu Yi

Zhu Linfeng

Zhang Yudong

If Stiga is counting all the guys like this--and I just cut and pasted this list from the list of contestants and left out the ones that made it and the ones who everyone has heard of--then there are another 50-60 players on the CNT that most of us haven't seen play all that much outside of the Chinese Super League.​

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Vey nice video series.
Two questions.
1. I think they all are not living in the same city where training center is, so many players are travelling to that city every week/month or how?
2. Dan, don't you feel pitty when how much opportunities you guys are missing to have more random chat with players, coatches etc., and the rest of just because of language barrier? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I think it is common for many Chinese workers to travel far from home to work in the cities and only got once or twice chances in a year to go home during the long holidays. Probably the top pro players are doing something similar as well.

XX's answer to the question of his favourite player is "No One", not even LGL? What a daredevil.

Did FZD got a 145 or 190? Is he going to use it in the coming days? I remember XX changed to Intensity in the last WTTC but failed to impress. It is not be a good time to switch to a new blade days before the great event.

Thanks Dan for all the great videos and efforts. Now everyone sit tight for the Bigest Show On Earth!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I thought everybody hated the plastic balls?

By now they would be fine with it. Playing with it 5 or 6 hours a day like they do, they won't notice a difference anymore. Plus, a lot of amateurs issue with it is durability, something they won't need to worry about it! It's not as if they have to dig into their loose change every time they top edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

Giant just revealed a new dimension about himself I NEVER saw coming !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff. Maybe you have a similar sense of humor and are much more reserved than myself.

I can be a very shy dude, but in many situations, I am up front in the lead making stuff happen and not afraid one way or the other.

Man, that was a GOOD one. EPIC.
Haha Will, I have quite similar sense of humor as you and Carl! But as a moderator on TTD I have to be moderate/objective ;) When it comes to you and Carl I can cross the line where other ppl would consider it going a little too far.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
In American English, we call this a ROAST, and man, you just roasted me and Carl so easily like drinking water.

Also, it isn't easy communicating in written English at this level with English NOT being Ur first language.
Ahh nice! I will add that to my vocabulary ;) And thanks for your compliment... You would be amazed how good danish ppl are communicating in English even though it's not our first language. :)

I do not hope that I heated things up too much...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Vey nice video series.
Two questions.
1. I think they all are not living in the same city where training center is, so many players are travelling to that city every week/month or how?
2. Dan, don't you feel pitty when how much opportunities you guys are missing to have more random chat with players, coatches etc., and the rest of just because of language barrier? :)

No one knows better than me.
1.Indeed, the players are living in the same dormitory building during the training period.
2.As far as I know, Xiao Zhan and Chen Bin can talk in English.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good memories from that hall... :) Beijing ShiChaHai Sports School, was a great place to stay and train at while my own trips to China. The level of the youngsters is crazy, you really have to play against them to realize it. These kind of schools are the reason why China is so dominant in the sport

Haha yes, this hall is awesome. It is the same hall Tom went to a couple of times to. So true, it is strange at the beginning seeing how good they are. There dedication is unreal!

Anyways - I am not sure I understood well - the kid in yellow, he was .. 6 ?

And also - those quickfire questions .. well .. Backhand or forehand .. what does it actually mean?
That she likes to play more backhand or she likes to play more into the opponents backhand or what ???
I am little lost in this..

Yeah the kid in yellow is 6. He is the best 6 year old in China according the coach winning a mini national tournament in China.

Vey nice video series.
Two questions.

Thanks FanTT,

@TTCrab has answered well here.

1) Yeah they all live in the same building which is around 10 minutes from the training centre if I remember rightly. They have a team coach that goes back and fourth throughout the day. Some of the players and coaches drive themselves, like Zhang Jike in his nice Bentley :)

2) Yes this is very, very true! It has made me want to learn Chinese now! I dunno if I have the time to learn it though. But would be very useful!

Did FZD got a 145 or 190? Is he going to use it in the coming days? I remember XX changed to Intensity in the last WTTC but failed to impress. It is not be a good time to switch to a new blade days before the great event.

Thanks Dan for all the great videos and efforts. Now everyone sit tight for the Bigest Show On Earth!

THanks TurboZ,

I believe he received more 190 blades than 145. But I am not 100% sure, when he received them I was to busy trying to record Ma Long practising :)

Great episodes so far! Thanks both Dan and Stiga for the amazing work!
What was the score between you and the twelve year old boy?

No worries Raaazzz, aha I will upload the full video soon to make it exciting.

Amazing episodes so far! How many more episodes will come out? :)

Thanks Outerveneer! There are 4 in total.

How much did the small kids train in general?

Around 5-6 hours every day. Some train more in the evening to with the adult team. They fit their school around this as it's all built into one big complex with other sports to! Incredible stuff!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice to hear, looking forward to watch it! Thats a lot but I guess Chinas success doesn't come from luck, indeed it's incredible. :)

No worries :)

Yeah I don't think it is luck one bit. It is all hard, relentless work ethic and preparation on a large scale :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Episode 2 has just been released!

Find out who won the STIGA Carbonado 190 blade in the video!

Episode 2:

Took me some time till I found an event near me to take this picture..
Here it is, the Youth European Table Tennis Championships 2015, I´ve been there, took the picture, finally!

IMG_20150712_150837.jpg

Reactions: Cornel