fan zhendong is using infinity, end speculations now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I thought Ovtcharov used a Clipper with a Donic handle.

Yes I have also heard he is playing with the Clipper. At least here you can see clearly that he is not using the real Donic blade. What is he using for material for the hiding? Is it some kind of wooden tape?

Ovtcharov.JPG9NigqYAh.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I thought I'd share a picture of Fan Zhedong's blade, that might help clear the mystery about his equipment a bit. This is from the Asian Championships, in the semi-final against Chuang Chih Yuan.

It is clear that this is not an Infinity, as one can count 7 layers, 5 wood and two black ones (presumably arylate-carbon), though I can't say with any certainty that it is a Viscaria either.

fan_zhedong_blade.jpg

This is a screenshot from Youtube, source is here:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I thought I'd share a picture of Fan Zhedong's blade, that might help clear the mystery about his equipment a bit. This is from the Asian Championships, in the semi-final against Chuang Chih Yuan.

It is clear that this is not an Infinity, as one can count 7 layers, 5 wood and two black ones (presumably arylate-carbon), though I can't say with any certainty that it is a Viscaria either.

View attachment 8267

I think the conclusion that it's at least not a regular market version of Stiga VPS Infinity as there are ALC layers and that therefore it's likely a Viscaria (but could be some other ALC blade) is fairly solid one based on the pics from this thread, wonderful find!

By the one I have also seen Chen Meng's blade pics and she does look like she is using Stiga Infinity to me, at least it's safe to say she is not using the same blade as FZD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

View attachment 8267

Yeap, definitely a carbon blade. The black layers are too thin to be an infinity and there are 7 layers, maybe its not a viscaria after all, because the core looks similar to ayous, white and porous

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
go to http://pingpongclassics.blogspot.com/
click on the pic.
if you still think that is a viscaria then set a date with ophthalmologist right now.

I will be interested to see how this thread goes.

Meanwhile, I am checking for local ophthalmologists.

more proof added!!!
100% confirmed!!!!

http://pingpongclassics.blogspot.com/

go crazy!!!!!!

new pictures added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
498% confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15248003919_8b2d3894da_n.jpg

"the truth shall not be hidden anymore, pingpongclassics is here to save us all"

who said I was looking at the handle?
I never looked at the handle, only the core and from the pics at

it is 110% confirmed for all human race that is an infinity or at least a 5 ply blade.
it's impossible based on the pics to confuse it with a viscaria.

there's no way that is an alc blade.
that's the whole point of the pics, this thread, tabletennisdaily forum, fan zhendong, table tennis, planet earth.....

the layers are too thick to be carbon.
you need to go to
and click on the images.

anyway got tired of this subject.
personally i call it 100% case closed, it is a 5 ply wood, most possibly infinity.
others may trust my judgement or not but i won't talk about this anymore.
see you in the next exciting thread!

lol ur just advertising your site

I think TTFrenzy has a point. And while Baal's eyes seem to have been able to see better than expected, I am wondering if anyone else has gone to a local ophthalmologist lately.

I like the quote from the website: "I don't really remember what I posted in the past but I wanted to share a picture that clearly shows fan zhendong is using a viscaria with a stiga handle."

So, wait, has the name of the thread been changed to: "End Speculation Now, I Went to and Ophthalmologist and Now I Can See that FZD is Using a Viscaria Like Everyone Told Me!"

Reactions: Suga D and TurboZ
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
From the most recent picture I vote for option 3. A non-Viscaria carbon composite with an Infinity handle.

From the most recent picture I vote for option 3. A non-Viscaria carbon composite with an Infinity handle.
The one and ONLY thing we know for sure is that : its a 5+2 "viscaria-like" construction (opposed to "innerforce-like" construction).
As I said earlier, may be it is not a viscaria, but it is 500% sure that it is NOT an Infinity VPS V. I would also state that the core is Kiri wood, I'm pretty sure about that.

jhg.jpg

Everybody here will be able to see the 5+2 construction. Many here will recognize a Kiri center ply.

Last edited:
Could be a Carbonado 190 with an Infinity handle... Then people will ask why!? Because it is a National version of the Carbonado 190 and it is custom made for FZD.

It could be but it doesnt make sense, because then there's no need to use infinity handle :p

it's viscaria end of story xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
No no no! I was walking around the block and saw Fan walking his pet dog shasha, i grab the time to ask him about his blade and he confess he is using yasaka custom made for pro with infinity handle.. then came Tony with his laundry with his bucket of popcorn and so i left.

*"then the curtain closes,then lights dimmed out"*

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl