Advice on which Robot to purchase

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
Man, Suga D you are giving me flashbacks with these photos. I am hitting up one of those "boxes" of red wine while I think about the good times I had in Frankfurt Am Mein, Monsters of Rock concerts in Darmstadt. Volksmarches with free food and drink afterwards, base Table Tennis team playing all the surrounding communities in friendly matches and all the local hotties in the clubs. Thanks for making my day!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Man, Suga D you are giving me flashbacks with these photos. I am hitting up one of those "boxes" of red wine while I think about the good times I had in Frankfurt Am Mein, Monsters of Rock concerts in Darmstadt. Volksmarches with free food and drink afterwards, base Table Tennis team playing all the surrounding communities in friendly matches and all the local hotties in the clubs. Thanks for making my day!

One thing I have to warn you of Gene, If Der_Echte hears you talking about this stuff and takes the time to read the blade listed in your profile, we may never hear the end of him joining in and rambling on. :) I think you have touched on almost every major rambling point for Der_, Military, Retirement, table tennis, Germany, Nexy blades....If you had mentioned the goon squad and a stint in Korea, we just might have to run for our lives.

Good stuff. Great photos Suga D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Mar 2016
One thing I have to warn you of Gene, If Der_Echte hears you talking about this stuff and takes the time to read the blade listed in your profile, we may never hear the end of him joining in and rambling on. :) I think you have touched on almost every major rambling point for Der_, Military, Retirement, table tennis, Germany, Nexy blades....If you had mentioned the goon squad and a stint in Korea, we just might have to run for our lives.

Good stuff. Great photos Suga D.
Finally got my robot set up in my garage. Plenty of room to stand back for playing but really limited for the sides. ButterflyAmicusdungeon.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That's a nice coincidence. I stay about 20 minutes from Frankfurt.

haha, my adopted German hometown is 20 minutes from Frankfurt. It has all the nice things of a big city like frankfurt, but much less of its problems.

A friend at one of the clubs I play at asked me this. When I was considering getting a robot, in 2007, the PRAKTTISMAKE and Amicus were the only practical options for a one head 2 wheel robot. Prakttismate is simply a very well made solid unit with huge wheels and potential to do the realistic things you want.

I am intriuged by the 2 head 4 wheel $1500 unit Paddle Palace sells, that looks like it has some hope too.

I would say go for the Prakttismate, controls are analog and very precise, very adaptable unit.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One thing I have to warn you of Gene, If Der_Echte hears you talking about this stuff and takes the time to read the blade listed in your profile, we may never hear the end of him joining in and rambling on. :) I think you have touched on almost every major rambling point for Der_, Military, Retirement, table tennis, Germany, Nexy blades....If you had mentioned the goon squad and a stint in Korea, we just might have to run for our lives..

I think I touched on enough of the high points and i see Gene got him a good lookin' unit. Should be able to feed dead, realisitic Heavy and slow top and under and simulate just about any serve. Don't get Gene into the mix with the Goon Squad, he has a background and you don't want another strong arm posse on Ur tail.

On General Principles alone, just advise everyone to run for the hills already afore it is too late.

Last edited: