Multiball training - Blast off with your feedback

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Multiball training - Videos

Hi guys,

Finally I started practising with coach after my injury. My last thread was on service practice but after that my leg pain worsened and I stopped playing.

However, better things followed. After lot of recovery and wearing a medial arch support, I am back at the table. :) We did 3 different multiball drills this past Saturday. The details and videos follow. Please be ruthless with your feedback. :-o

#1 Backspin feed.. Can be long or short, not half-long. Should read brush upon contact and react. If short, I can drop or push it back deep. I have to attack the long balls.

#2. 2-2 Drill. Topspin feed. Feed can go to either corner. No more than 2 consecutive balls can be in the same place.

#3. Semi-random. The drill opens with an underspin ball (short or long) followed by 5 topspin balls

Thanks if you really came this far! ;-) Happy training!

Edit: Changed title. Hope to add more videos soon

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks mate for your kind words. 100+ views and only one reply. Was beginning to wonder what's up with TTD. This is my 3rd session. I play only 2 (or 3) sessions per week now. Hope these drills are useful for others too.

What was your injury? You said it was your leg? And that an arch support helped?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
What was your injury? You said it was your leg? And that an arch support helped?

Sorry, it's gonna be a li'l lengthy. Last June (2015), I broke my 4th metatarsal and I also had a hairline crack in the same toe. I wore a cast for about 6 weeks. When they opened the cast, I had a plaster sore. This took another month and half to heal. So I couldn't walk without a support for quite some time. After all this the ankle remained swollen and kind of deformed in shape. We took further x-rays and the fractures had healed alright. Doctors said I can now put weight on that leg and slowly strengthen it. However I used to feel a lot of pain in the fracture zone. Knowing that the doctors would have nothing new to say, I consulted a physiotherapist. He said the pain is due to a nerve trapped between the metatarsals. This is called Morton's Neuroma and suggested therapy through exercises. I did that for about 3 months. It improved a little but didn't change much. By this time, I lost the arch in my foot. My ankle continued to remain swollen. I lost hope and gave up.

Then I did something mad to come out of the depressing times. I signed up for a 10k run and somehow jogged slowly and made it in 75 mins without any prep/training. I felt very happy inside. That I walked like a robot (muscle stiffness) for the next couple of days is another matter. All of a sudden, an opportunity to play with a good coach came by and I couldn't simply let it pass. So I signed up backed up by the 10k experience. After the 2nd session I felt a lot of pain in the bones of the arch. I could feel the bones moving and making cracking sounds like a 90 year old's bones. I couldn't understand what's wrong with my foot and went to another physiotherapist. He said, "the neuroma is not your pain point anymore (after applying pressure on that area and testing it). All your pain is only due to the fallen arch. Though your foot may never regain its shape, you can manage the fallen arch and even correct it. Wear a medial arch support in your shoes." So after 3 days of crushing pain, I bought the arch support and I have been able to play while wearing it. I still get arch pain at times but it is very less.

OMG! I can't imagine I typed such a lengthy sob story. I wouldn't blame you if you skip it. :)

Thanks!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl