Usage of Finger by a memebr on MyTT Forum

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Whaaaaaam !!! There you go .... this is called impact play !
A coach would cringe at some of the grip adjustments I do.

All I could say simply to anyone wanting to start touch is to have a real light grip and get right to the ball off the bounce. The adjustments start from there.

Taking finger slightly off blade at impct... firming up the fingers at impact... staying loose and a quick impulse with lower arm and allow loose wrist to go through off bounce... moving blade back a bit with fingers and wrist being a shock absorber... tiny back up with increasing firmer grip a bit.... sides wipe with any of the above.

These are some of the variations. There are others I haven't learned or discovered and started this mess to learn others.

Call me mega troll if some others deservedly get FaceTime and credit... I am still gunna learn something somewhere.

All the measures to discern effective coaching I believe Next Level believes and practices them all.

Matt H and Dan would have a heap to contribute if we could engage them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have heard TTD members and other avoid this thread looking at the title and immediately thinking the wrong thing, like thinking it is about a different nasty finger or a nasty finger for a use other than TT.

I assure you we are having adult, professional discussions about a topic worthy of discussion that has aspects many players look by, but are hugely important in concept and application.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Reverse Trolling = Der_Echte makes comments to try and bring attention and accolades to others who he lures into making good posts with his leading comments.

Hahahaha.

Der_Echte is The Original. We can see your game. [emoji2]

Say, is that PPH over there? Gotta go!

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

If that is Ping Pong Holic over there and I show up in NYC again in a mood to bet for chicken and beer and the trendline from my last visit to Krooklyn continues, I had damned well better bring a robust chicken and beer fund with me, the odds will be very strongly against me. PPH smoked me when he got to the table, it was silly easy for him that day.

As well as he plays, all I see him post on the internet is about equipment. Damnitt, I wanna see him talk theory for a spell, even if it is false theory. Haha, PPH wouldn't talk false. He would just look cut/ripped/ready to fight while he explains.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If that is Ping Pong Holic over there and I show up in NYC again in a mood to bet for chicken and beer and the trendline from my last visit to Krooklyn continues, I had damned well better bring a robust chicken and beer fund with me, the odds will be very strongly against me. PPH smoked me when he got to the table, it was silly easy for him that day.

As well as he plays, all I see him post on the internet is about equipment. Damnitt, I wanna see him talk theory for a spell, even if it is false theory. Haha, PPH wouldn't talk false. He would just look cut/ripped/ready to fight while he explains.

He is a man of action....and few words...it may sound like this: "train."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
There are already three pages in the thread, but I still have no idea how to spin with fingers.

Is this the thing?

cache.php

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Its a very difficult topic Illia , why do you think it took Der_Echte to take this by the horns ? Every body has their own version and thats why Der is saying Matt Hetherington or @Dan might be able to help

There are already three pages in the thread, but I still have not idea have to spin with fingers.

Is this the thing?

cache.php

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Der_Echte certainly doesnt have all the answers or even half of them. That is why i try to engage people.

Ummmmm.....uh.....enough more of the answers than most?

What do you do with your pushes to make them really heavy? What do you do with your pushes to make them look the same and yet be dead?

What might you do to someone who is about your level who boasts that if someone pushes to them the player is going to be in for a long day and that You, Der_Echte, can't beat them by pushing on return of serve?

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Note to unsuspecting bystanders: there was this story of something like this happening in the middle of the goon squad trying to chase Der_Echte and UpSideDownMe off the Krooklyn Bridge. Somehow we ended up in College Point Queens at the club of 42&BP where several other forum members had taken refuge from the tyranny of goon squad atrocities.

At this safe house inside the labyrinth of the secret hideout matches were played and names were named. And in very un BHMan fashion, Der_Echte played a match where he pushed again and again on serves he might ordinarily attack with his better than average BHMan BH. And the mix of spin due to the change in grip pressure was epic.

Let's see if Der tries to feign a lapse in memory about the occasion in question. Or if he answers at least some questions about how you can change the amount of spin on your shots with changes in grip pressure. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Guys , please take your time to watch this documentary of Der_Echte and Carl entering Troll market under brooklyn bridge , I think you guys will understand what is going on ...

Ummmmm.....uh.....enough more of the answers than most?

What do you do with your pushes to make them really heavy? What do you do with your pushes to make them look the same and yet be dead?

What might you do to someone who is about your level who boasts that if someone pushes to them the player is going to be in for a long day and that You, Der_Echte, can't beat them by pushing on return of serve?

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Note to unsuspecting bystanders: there was this story of something like this happening in the middle of the goon squad trying to chase Der_Echte and UpSideDownMe off the Krooklyn Bridge. Somehow we ended up in College Point Queens at the club of 42&BP where several other forum members had taken refuge from the tyranny of goon squad atrocities.

At this safe house inside the labyrinth of the secret hideout matches were played and names were named. And in very un BHMan fashion, Der_Echte played a match where he pushed again and again on serves he might ordinarily attack with his better than average BHMan BH. And the mix of spin due to the change in grip pressure was epic.

Let's see if Der tries to feign a lapse in memory about the occasion in question. Or if he answers at least some questions about how you can change the amount of spin on your shots with changes in grip pressure. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If you have noticed , in the previous scene Carl surprised Der_Echte by using Yoga to open the trap door and here is Carl failing miserably in questioning the Goon Squad and Der_Echte stepping in to get the answers ....

the guy even mentions Chicken !! :D LFMAO

Guys , please take your time to watch this documentary of Der_Echte and Carl entering Troll market under brooklyn bridge , I think you guys will understand what is going on ...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

If you have noticed , in the previous scene Carl surprised Der_Echte by using Yoga to open the trap door and here is Carl failing miserably in questioning the Goon Squad and Der_Echte stepping in to get the answers ....

the guy even mentions Chicken !! :D LFMAO

HahahahaHahahaha.

I like what Der did to Sebas in there.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a tumor!"

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dont let too much out of the bag. Sure, i can change spins with my hand and pressure and way to impact the ball on a push... We discussed that already.

I be looking for other tricks.

Good stories Carl, monster.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Its a very difficult topic Illia , why do you think it took Der_Echte to take this by the horns ? Every body has their own version and thats why Der is saying Matt Hetherington or @Dan might be able to help

I think that we'd better call Brett Clarke at this point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So after puttiing some thought into this, I have a basic question , the only time I move my fingers are after completing a serve. I have noticed that I do have different grips for different serves, again this has happened organically with time , I just hope my opponent does not pick it up. Having said that the way I hold the handle is entirely between my fingers that is pinching with forefinger and thumb , so essentially I don't have too much leverage to move fingers around. I am thinking of holding the paddle a little lighter and observing whether my fingers start moving around organically over time. Just can't imagine consciously moving the fingers at this time ... yes, I do shift the grip a little bit between forehand and backhand but normally it happens without paying attention .... the only time I notice is if I keep doing a backhand drill and the ball comes unexpectedly to the forehand side because of a missed block ...