DHS Rubber Quality

This user has no status.
I bought a sheet of DHS Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 2 and I glued it to my blades. Just in 1 weeks. Both of the topsheets started to peeling off slowly from the edge of my blade. Do you guys experience the same thing as me when using DHS rubbers ? especially Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 2.
Any comments about DHS rubber issues will be appreciated

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, DHS has more quality problems than ESN/BTY, but this is strange. You might be just incredibly unlucky to get two bad rubber. Did you use water based or VOC glue?

I'm using Donic Formula First WBG. Does the glue job also have an influence to the topsheets ? Because as you know, that the glue doesn't used directly to the topsheets, but only to the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I'm using Donic Formula First WBG. Does the glue job also have an influence to the topsheets ? Because as you know, that the glue doesn't used directly to the topsheets, but only to the sponge.

Sometimes DHS rubbers' topsheet peels off if you boost them heavily. Which is funny, because DHS rubbers usually need to be boosted. To avoid this problem, players apply the the booster through a glue layer.
VOC glue might cause the same problem as boosters. But because you used WBG, this isn't the case.
I think you were just unlucky. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I had that same problem with 2xHurricane 8. Soon after I glued them the topsheets on both started peeling off (no problem with the sponge). I sent an email to the store I bought them from. They asked for pictures which I straight away sent and they came back to me with the conclusion that it was a factory problem and sent replacements free of charge. 20170502_143902.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
it happened to me too, I bought two from a shop in HK at Wanchai, I went back to tell them but they said they could not control the quality ,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How many times have you boosted your National H3 during this past year?

I have used TG2, TG3 (commercial & National) and H3 (commercial, provincial and national) rubbers. Never had any issue.

I wonder if it is H8 issue.

My 1-yr old H3 national still plays like new.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I have used TG2, TG3 (commercial & National) and H3 (commercial, provincial and national) rubbers. Never had any issue.

I wonder if it is H8 issue.

My 1-yr old H3 national still plays like new.

Passionate about TT

I should point out that I have had about 10 sheets of H8, and had a (self-created) problem with only one. Generally, it seems a durable rubber. I have one that has been in use for 8 months and is still going strong. The surface looks a little rough, but performance is very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've always suspected that DHS's topsheets are very, very lightly glued to the sponge.

I've owned 3 DHS rubbers over the years. I glued them up with rubber cement which does expand the sponge ever so slightly. Never had a problem with it on any other Chinese rubber ever except for DHS. All 3 had about quarter sized bubbled in the middle after gluing.

I know not everybody has had that happen but that's just my experience.

I've sinced moved on from Chinese firm sponged rubbers to the higher quality ESN rubbers. For me they're simply a big step up in quality, softness/feel, speed & spin. Basically everything. I recommend the OP give them a shot if he hasn't already. He won't go back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I've always suspected that DHS's topsheets are very, very lightly glued to the sponge.

I've owned 3 DHS rubbers over the years. I glued them up with rubber cement which does expand the sponge ever so slightly. Never had a problem with it on any other Chinese rubber ever except for DHS. All 3 had about quarter sized bubbled in the middle after gluing.

I know not everybody has had that happen but that's just my experience.

I've sinced moved on from Chinese firm sponged rubbers to the higher quality ESN rubbers. For me they're simply a big step up in quality, softness/feel, speed & spin. Basically everything. I recommend the OP give them a shot if he hasn't already. He won't go back.

Sure??

I've been coming from ESN rubbaz and changed 2 years ago to Double Happiness.
Couldn't be more satisfied with it.

[Emoji12]

But everyone's different!

Reactions: suds79