W968 vs Hurricane Long 5 commercial version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How different is w968 national version than w968 provincial? Is national even more soft, more control and more powerful?

This user has no status.
Hi all.

Recently I bought W968 provincial version 2018 from prott, 91gr weight.
Before that I was playing with commercial version of DHS Hurricane Long 5 with 89 weight.
What surprised me was that the commercial version of HL5 is faster than W968 provincial version.
This is normal? Or is my W968 is not legit and fake?

W968 more woody feeling and has a more control.
HL5 has more vibration and stiff, and faster around 20% than provincial W968.
And handle of blades are very different, HL5 has a thin handle, W968 more thicker and rounded handle.
HL5 and W968 provncial version are very different blades.

Has anyone played on both versions?

Thanks for feedback and opinions.

I also bought W968 Provincial version on Wednesday(01/01/2020), but didn't try yet. I can't play in my gym because of COVID-19.
I agree after hit the ball, it's feel softer than HL5 commercial version(my old blade has vibrated and stiffer)
See the different from the picture. The Provincial handle more round and thicker than Commercial. The provincial also has the number on the bottom of the blade(Blackhighlight).
(UpperDHS W968 Provincial version, Lower: DHS Hurricane Long V(Commercial))
IMG_5217.JPGIMG_5216.jpgIMG_5214.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I also bought W968 Provincial version on Wednesday(01/01/2020), but didn't try yet. I can't play in my gym because of COVID-19.
I agree after hit the ball, it's feel softer than HL5 commercial version(my old blade has vibrated and stiffer)
See the different from the picture. The Provincial handle more round and thicker than Commercial. The provincial also has the number on the bottom of the blade(Blackhighlight).
(UpperDHS W968 Provincial version, Lower: DHS Hurricane Long V(Commercial))
View attachment 21136View attachment 21135View attachment 21134

Nice! (That you got a new blade not that you cannot play yet).
Where did you buy it from?

This user has no status.
Nice! (That you got a new blade not that you cannot play yet).
Where did you buy it from?
I bought the blade from table tennis shop in my country.The seller told me it's just only HL5(commercial) but I knew it's not, strange of blade code, strange card in the box then a good price(commercial price) and lucky for me because only me, only one blade in the shop. God give me the blade and it's belong to me.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: rbtitco and latej