New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

Yeah, but a "90 euro Jesus" is somewhat worth for a low level of play indulgence.

I think that it was not understood well.

Here "90 euro Jesus" stands for "a Jesus you can buy for 90 euro".
With the acr of buying it, the low level player pays for a blessed product with a small fraction of the price and the greater fraction of the price presents his indulgence as an excuse for his low level of play. These indulgences are used to bless the blessed players for free and to R&D even more blessing products.

Bless yourself

NDH

says Spin to win!
Always love to see everyday people put videos up on YouTube, but if you are looking for genuinely useful feedback, you'd have to wait for an actual high level reviewer to put a video on (like Dan).

Meaning no offence to the guy in the video - But I don't think his level is really going to be able to tell much difference between the 2 rubbers (of which, I imagine there is very little difference anyway).

Plus, if you look at the speed his hits the ball on his first "looping" exercise, vs the speed he hits it on his second exercise (attempting to play there same shot, but inadvertently starts hitting it much faster), it's not a good comparison.

If the reviews don't come back as.....

"It's just like T05, but slightly harder with a touch more speed", I'd be amazed.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Could someone explain the key points?

Nu rubr. Fancypantsly sponged.

We’re countering, but we’re not so good at it. Not obvious what part the rubber plays in that.

Loops are better. There’s much more kick off the table (but we’re not showing it). Also tried the short game, but alas, it takes two to tango. [emoji30]

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
IMG_0117.jpg
Got mine yesterday, but butterfly messed up my pre-order and didn't ship my Harimoto blade...:mad: so I'll have to wait for that now to put these on.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Got mine yesterday, but butterfly messed up my pre-order and didn't ship my Harimoto blade...:mad: so I'll have to wait for that now to put these on.

Nice!

I wonder if Butterfly actually have the blade?

I've seen it in the Asian shops (Japan at least), but it's been delayed to the 10th April for Europe (even on the Butterfly official shop).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Nice!

I wonder if Butterfly actually have the blade?

I've seen it in the Asian shops (Japan at least), but it's been delayed to the 10th April for Europe (even on the Butterfly official shop).

Hmm that's interesting, butterfly usa online shop removed the authorization on my paypal though... I did ask them to cancel one of dignics rubber pre-orders since I accidentally ordered one in the wrong color, but looks like they mistakenly canceled all my pre-orders... the ones I have now are from megaspin.net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Always love to see everyday people put videos up on YouTube, but if you are looking for genuinely useful feedback, you'd have to wait for an actual high level reviewer to put a video on (like Dan).
You do have some useful points about the posted video. However, I do not really find "higl level" reviews any more useful. They are sometimes good entertainment, but mostly the either state the same or the conclusion is mostly: "this is really great stuff" etc. Quite often the rubbers are "tested" with fancy shots too, without paying enough attention to the short game. One can wonder why this is the case, but one possibility is that you feel obliged to give back a positive review if you get something for free, or that you need more viewers.

Reactions: JST

NDH

says Spin to win!
You do have some useful points about the posted video. However, I do not really find "higl level" reviews any more useful. They are sometimes good entertainment, but mostly the either state the same or the conclusion is mostly: "this is really great stuff" etc. Quite often the rubbers are "tested" with fancy shots too, without paying enough attention to the short game. One can wonder why this is the case, but one possibility is that you feel obliged to give back a positive review if you get something for free, or that you need more viewers.

I think someone like Dan is in a far better position to give a review compared with the guy in the video.

I still take online reviews with a pinch of salt, because everyone has different feeling for the ball - One person might think something is soft, the other hard etc etc.

You also never see "this is garbage" type videos - Probably because of what you suggested (that they get the stuff for free!)

Generally, the videos I find most useful are the "comparison" type videos.

One of the best ones was the Garaydia series video, comparing the T5000, ALC and ZLC - You can actually see the difference in ball trajectory and speed - Something you wouldn't get if he simply reviewed one of the blades.

So yeah, this guys "comparison" was a good start, but because he doesn't have the experience of someone like Dan, nor the technique or ability, it's purely a speculative opinion.

I'd love to see Dan do a comparison between T05, T05Hard and Dignics 05.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I didn't actually know that was the case with TB, but interesting thanks.

Saw this too on the Butterfly instagram:

butterflyttofficial

The Durability of DIGNICS 05 has been improved when compared to the TENERGY series!
——
Longevity: The hard sponge combined with the new top sheet provides high resistance to abrasion, leading to higher durability even when compared to the TENERGY series. DIGNICS 05 will remain playable for a longer time, losing very little elasticity in the process.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvytXDkByWd/

So say if it lasted twice as long - it would actually be better value than T05 :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think it's pretty obvious if you noticed that Timo Boll switched his backhand rubber from t05 to d05, but kept his forehand rubber as t05 hard.

Except he's been using Tenergy 09C on FH in recent weeks. And it's interesting that Dignics 09C has just appeared on the LARC. So it's a dynamic situation.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Except he's been using Tenergy 09C on FH in recent weeks. And it's interesting that Dignics 09C has just appeared on the LARC. So it's a dynamic situation.
Well, I'm just using information on butterfly's website, so there was a time he was using t05 hard on FH and d05 on the BH, and pro players have already got access to d05 for quite a long time, so I wouldn't be surprised he was using it for quite a while before switching to t09c. And even if he switch his FH, it doesn't contradict the comparison between t05, t05 hard, and d05, since he chose to keep t05 hard as FH and changed BH, and now there's a better one for his FH so he switched his FH and kept d05 as BH. Also you are saying tenergy 09c and dignics 09c , did you mistype one?

Last edited: