Back to Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 56
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 56 19

Hurricane 9 will have 4 additional colors? Strange and curious to find what it would look like.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 95
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 95 19
    Quote Originally Posted by calvincandie
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CVU6R8djvlN/

I bet it's a blade! Or table? Cybershape. Could it be...?

i agree with you, it must be a blade or a table. the most logical would be a blade. exciting

This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 90
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 90 41

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boll
    I use butterfly Viscaria now, but I hope the butterfly can produce an SZLC version of Viscaria, so that it has more attack power, and then with D05/D64 it is expected to be the best racket.

Isn't the Zhang Jike or Lin Yun-Ju SZLC supposed to be that?

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 503 1,067
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,067 503

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.

Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.
    Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.
    Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.

https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_series
    https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

The Following 3 Users Like zeio's Post:

Manto76, shinshiro and 1 other

Last edited by zeio; 10-29-2021 at 08:29 AM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 166 257
    S
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 257 166

User Info Menu

Aug 2016
    Brazil
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_serieshttps://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

I really liked what Mizuno did here with the new rubber QQ (or at least tried to):
    1) top performance with SOFTER sponge, instead of using harder sponge
    2) they fixed the weight problem of Q5, which was very heavy from what I read somewhere
    3) more durable rubber is always welcome! It is something that the companies generally do not give much attention

Sounds very promising...

Last edited by shinshiro; 10-29-2021 at 10:13 PM.

says Needs more systematic training

Established TTD Member 71 131
    T
    says Needs more systematic training

Established TTD Member 131 71
    Quote Originally Posted by shinshiro

I really liked what Mizuno did here with the new rubber QQ (or at least tried to):
    1) top performance with SOFTER sponge, instead of using harder sponge
    2) they fixed the weight problem of Q5, which was very heavy from what I read somewhere
    3) more durable rubber is always welcome! It is something that the companies generally do not give much attention

Sounds very promising...

And reasonably priced... ¥5,830 incl. 10% VAT around €44/$51. Maybe an introductory price because the Q1 is not much cheaper and is also made in Japan

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 68 145
    J
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 145 68
    Xiom 36.5 alxI is coming internationally in december according to a youtube comment from Xiom.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 23 177
    T
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 177 23

User Info Menu

Aug 2020
    Aaland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustANoob
    Xiom 36.5 alxI is coming internationally in december according to a youtube comment from Xiom.
    nice, I love the 36.5, can't wait for this one

This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 95
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 95 19

this looks so interesting. i like that brands try to make developments on equipments. it must be rooms for improvments from current shapes of today. excited to try one.

says ModiG banned PubG

Senior TTD Member 196 714
    says ModiG banned PubG

Senior TTD Member 714 196
    Few cons that immediately comes to my mind:

The neck and the wings area is reduced, will not fit users hand causing it to have less feel

Head is optimised to increase sweet spot, which means more rubber on the top, making the blade head heavy. Also, the new stiga FL handles are quite thin.

Rubber cutting will be a challenge, so will be for attaching an edge tape to it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 23 177
    T
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 177 23

User Info Menu

Aug 2020
    Aaland
    Read 0 Reviews
    what is the advantage of that shape

This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 64
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 64 20
    Quote Originally Posted by chintanmashroo
    Few cons that immediately comes to my mind:

The neck and the wings area is reduced, will not fit users hand causing it to have less feel

Head is optimised to increase sweet spot, which means more rubber on the top, making the blade head heavy. Also, the new stiga FL handles are quite thin.

Rubber cutting will be a challenge, so will be for attaching an edge tape to it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
    The wings must be something that stiga has tested and feel comfortable with, otherwise I'm sure they would not release it, or Truls would be using it. Perhaps it just the angle of the picture that makes it looks like more steap angles. Agree with you on the extra sweet and the possibility for head heavy - I would assume they have lighter material in the head, and perhaps a heavier lens to compensate.

Don't think rubber cutting will be a problem, have you seen Squid Game? Cutting around edges is easy.

The Following User Likes calvincandie's Post:

t.t.s.t.a.r

This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 95
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 95 19
    Quote Originally Posted by calvincandie
    The wings must be something that stiga has tested and feel comfortable with, otherwise I'm sure they would not release it, or Truls would be using it. Perhaps it just the angle of the picture that makes it looks like more steap angles. Agree with you on the extra sweet and the possibility for head heavy - I would assume they have lighter material in the head, and perhaps a heavier lens to compensate.

Don't think rubber cutting will be a problem, have you seen Squid Game? Cutting around edges is easy.

i dont use scissor for the rubber. i use a razor blade. that always work fine for me. dont see how it can be more difficult compared to a round blade shape.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 90
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 90 41

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.

Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.
    Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.
    Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.

https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_series
    https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

The Q Quality could be a good backhand rubber. I really enjoyed playing with the Q5 on my forehand, but it's a bit heavy(even for forehand) and after about 100 hours of play it started to make a strange noise in a spot and a strange feeling too. I think the rubber detached from the sponge but it didn't developed a visible bubble.
    So lighter weight and more durability is something that is very welcome and I guess the softer sponge is not a bad thing for backhand as the Q5 is definitely on the harder side.
    I'd take it over Tenergy and any ESN tensor if the durability is similar, without question.

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 627 1,471
    K
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 1,471 627
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill

The Q Quality could be a good backhand rubber. I really enjoyed playing with the Q5 on my forehand, but it's a bit heavy(even for forehand) and after about 100 hours of play it started to make a strange noise in a spot and a strange feeling too. I think the rubber detached from the sponge but it didn't developed a visible bubble.
    So lighter weight and more durability is something that is very welcome and I guess the softer sponge is not a bad thing for backhand as the Q5 is definitely on the harder side.
    I'd take it over Tenergy and any ESN tensor if the durability is similar, without question.

I wonder at what audience the rubber is aimed at. I think it might be too expensive for people who want to try out something new. Maybe in Japan Mizuno has a following which would splash the cash out, but I think in EU it is not known enough so people justify spending that much cash on an unkown.

WTB Butterfly Ovtcharov and Vodak Horejsi ALC PM me if you want to sell one.

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    What piques my interest most is the list price of Q Quality. It is more competitive than Q3/Q4/Q5 at that price point.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 90
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 90 41

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

I wonder at what audience the rubber is aimed at. I think it might be too expensive for people who want to try out something new. Maybe in Japan Mizuno has a following which would splash the cash out, but I think in EU it is not known enough so people justify spending that much cash on an unkown.

To me the Q5 was like an inbetween rubber between T05 and D09c. Hardness in the middle of the two, spin potential in middle, the speed is more than either.
    It has a grippy topsheet with I think even more tension than Tenergy or D09c. It's really nice to play with and the sponge is also totally on par with Butterfly offerings.

I think the death of the rubber is actually the super high tension it has. The rubber edge is rather fragile, if you hit on the edge of the rubber the ball can do a small chip on it. Maybe the pimples got torn too in my rubber and it's not even a bubbling issue. On backhand I would not be concerned at all and the topsheet grip is identical as new after 100hours of play. Also it's not a factory boosted ESN rubber, so playing characteristics should be the same during the lifespan.
    If they fixed the durability and a tad softer sponge I think it's a backhand winner. Granted it's around Tenergy price at TT11, but Tenergy is not even in contest. (if durability is fixed)

Elite TTD Member 627 1,471
    K

Elite TTD Member 1,471 627
    Has anyone used this? https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/neottec-x5-m
    I just saw that today. It claims to be MIJ and it is expensive :|
    WTB Butterfly Ovtcharov and Vodak Horejsi ALC PM me if you want to sell one.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 90
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 90 41

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    I only saw TT11 test video of it. It looks convincing and 50EUR is not too bad. It's a pity they didn't talk about sponge hardness by degree nor it's mentioned on the package.

I'm also wondering who is the maker. Daiki? Fuso? Sumitomo?
    Last edited by Zwill; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:28 PM.