Rubber shortage in China

This user has no status.
Lots of COVID restrictions have been going on for a while here, and a lot of popular imported rubbers are out of stock everywhere. While BTY rubbers are not influenced as badly, and Chinese rubbers had no effect except a price raise, ESN rubbers are hit the hardest, and I can’t find a Xiom Vega pro anywhere. Is this happening to anyone else? If so, how do you get your rubbers?
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I guess it has to do with the current geopolitical context: since Russia does not allow for any aerial flyover, and also since oil's price has risen a lot, it's probably difficult for german planes to bring ESN rubbers to China at a decent price. BTY rubbers are made in Japan, as it is on the other side of China, those rubbers don't have to travel thru Russia.

There's shortage of chinese rubbers in Europe, same problem I think in the reverse way: as long as you have to travel thru Russia to get the shortest way, it's a concern. I think Harty is experiencing difficulties to get Chinese rubbers as an official DHS/729 dealer for Europe:
https://www.dhs-729.eu/gb/10-rubbers

Reactions: harty
How is the last sentence understood?
1: Avoid Chinese stuff like(such as) “the plague”
or
2: Avoid Chinese stuff like the plague😉

Not suggesting that the plague is Chinese…🙄

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Sometimes people use a foreign language they "think" they master... and try to fit their own native language's "proverbs" in, hence those "confusions" when someone from another country, with another native language, seems to have difficulties to understand. It's called ethnocentrism, actually.

But, that being said, "Avoiding something like the plague" is spelled the right way here for instance, and it does not mean to arm the PRC and the chinese people in general. Lazer only said he hates chinese rubbers, so he avoids them like he would avoid the plague. It's a common expression in many other languages "fuir les revêtement chinois comme la peste" in french, "würde wie die pest" in german, "evitar como la peste" in spanish, and so on...

This user has no status.
Sometimes people use a foreign language they "think" they master... and try to fit their own native language's "proverbs" in, hence those "confusions" when someone from another country, with another native language, seems hi to have difficulties to understand. It's called ethnocentrism, actually.

But, that being said, "Avoiding something like the plague" is spelled the right way here for instance, and it does not mean to arm the PRC and the chinese people in general. Lazer only said he hates chinese rubbers, so he avoids them like he would avoid the plague. It's a common expression in many other languages "fuir les revêtement chinois comme la peste" in french, "würde wie die pest" in german, "evitar como la peste" in spanish, and so on...
Sorry for the confusion. I am very familiar with all these ways of saying things. I was only intentionally making a joke, or “trolling” based on the current events. I like to joke around, and I hope no one gets bad feelings.
To Lazer: I know what you meant, no bad feelings😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
So I've checked out the french tabletennis11 webshop located in Paris, no shortage of DHS/Friendship729 rubbers, the estonian .com webshop seems fine too. Maybe harty has not received his suppliers orders yet for his dhs-729.eu webshop, who knows... Maybe the ESN rubbers shortage in China has to do with a PRC's government policy that blocks EU/Nato countries items because of the war in Ukraine in support of the Russia's policies, but it's only assumptions I'm making here...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
So I've checked out the french tabletennis11 webshop located in Paris, no shortage of DHS/Friendship729 rubbers, the estonian .com webshop seems fine too. Maybe harty has not received his suppliers orders yet for his dhs-729.eu webshop, who knows... Maybe the ESN rubbers shortage in China has to do with a PRC's government policy that blocks EU/Nato countries items because of the war in Ukraine in support of the Russia's policies, but it's only assumptions I'm making here...

Could be if ESN ships by train (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing–Xinjiang–Europe_Railway China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany...), could also be a problem due to lockdowns in Shanghai (https://fortune.com/2022/04/08/shan...pply-chain-disruption-port-containers-trucks/). Maybe a shortage of natural rubber (https://magnatyres.com/news/global-rubber-shortage/) or a combination of all these problems...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Well there are no shortage of ESN rubbers in Europe, so I guess it's not a natural rubber issue. Whatever train or plane, trucks, cars... bicycles or walks, the problem remains the same with Russia: it's a no-go zone for any item that is EU/Nato countries related, currently.

This user has no status.
Well there are no shortage of ESN rubbers in Europe, so I guess it's not a natural rubber issue. Whatever train or plane, trucks, cars... bicycles or walks, the problem remains the same with Russia: it's a no-go zone for any item that is EU/Nato countries related, currently.

I think you are right. And maybe it also had something to do with Shanghai being locked down. It is one of the biggest ports in China.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

Seems like the retailers in the US are having a hard time getting black Chinese style forehand rubbers (Yinhe, 729, Yasaka "Dragons" ,etc.). Not a problem to find DHS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

I think you are right. And maybe it also had something to do with Shanghai being locked down. It is one of the biggest ports in China.

Now that the PRC's government is "smoothing" the lockdown restrictions there, maybe you'll start to find ESN rubbers again ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
I guess it has to do with the current geopolitical context: since Russia does not allow for any aerial flyover, and also since oil's price has risen a lot, it's probably difficult for german planes to bring ESN rubbers to China at a decent price. BTY rubbers are made in Japan, as it is on the other side of China, those rubbers don't have to travel thru Russia.

There's shortage of chinese rubbers in Europe, same problem I think in the reverse way: as long as you have to travel thru Russia to get the shortest way, it's a concern. I think Harty is experiencing difficulties to get Chinese rubbers as an official DHS/729 dealer for Europe:
https://www.dhs-729.eu/gb/10-rubbers

Hi,
that's right. China's policy makes it completely impossible to buy goods. Not only are manufacturers limited due to zero tolerance for Covid-19, but it is also not possible to transport goods from the port of Shanghai. We're almost sold out. If the situation does not improve within six months, we will stop buying Chinese goods, because it is a high risk. We have to pay for storage, energy, wages, etc. without any certainty that China's stupid policy will change.
Personally, I see the future with the purchase of Chinese goods very skeptically!
I am already preparing a new store with other goods with purchases from us in the Czech Republic, without the need to keep large stocks, because we can replenish stocks in stock within 48 hours.
The last thing that leads me to end support for Chinese companies is that China does not condemn Russia for invading Ukraine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
First they made the balls bigger, then changed from celluloid to plastic, now we can expect short age ball?
Another nice one from Sharara and ITTF, they don't care for players at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
If ITTF really cared for people they would have never left the WTT emerging with China governing it...

WTT: HQ located in the chinese "cote d'azur" in Singapour, ruled by the ex CNT coach with chinese companies partners and sponsors only. Yeah bro...

Favorite song in coach Liu playlist

Last edited: