European penhold player ?

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
In my memory, TT players from Europe, America or Africa (Non-Asian player) all are shakehand player, but I found a picture the player seems is from Spain, but to my surprise he is a penholder ! After Google I know his name is Jesús Cantero, Spainish TT player. Interesting !

I had a question here: Are there other penhold player in Europe / America ? And for amateur, does somebody are penholder ?

417d056c12d12b51e988d6f4f4fe8f1f.jpg

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
I think there are quite some pen players in europe! Just that they do not compete on the highest league.
I know of Ding Yi (if you count him) who played very well in his best time and still kicks ass in austrias highest league!
There are quite some penhold players (european with no chinese origins) in many viennese tt-leagues :)

Aug 2012
It'll be more awesome if more European ppl took up penhold. Look at this guy who is generating amazing power on both BH and FH...

His strokes look so awesome, if it wasn't for the face I would have thought that it was Wang Hao playing...
If there are more penhold coach in Europe, I think more European player will took up penhold :)

--European and American eat with forks and knives, so they like shakehand. while Chinese eat with chopsticks, so they like penhold especially for amateur.:)

Aug 2012
When I saw the title, I thought of a Chinese European but I was wrong.
Impressive, he's even sponsored by Double Happiness.

There are some other European/American Penhold players, I don't remember their names though.
Gonna try find them again.
I can't remember any other European/American penhold player..:(

Aug 2012
There was a yugoslavian pengrip player from just before Waldner's era and his name was....errr > . < Zoran Kalinic! he was a giant too haha
After Baidu, :)Kalinic is considered to be the best European penholder in China, he was a giant !

Aug 2012
I think there are quite some pen players in europe! Just that they do not compete on the highest league.
I know of Ding Yi (if you count him) who played very well in his best time and still kicks ass in austrias highest league!
There are quite some penhold players (european with no chinese origins) in many viennese tt-leagues :)
Thx for the info, so surprised there are quite some penhold players in Austria :).

Dec 2012
Thx for the info, so surprised there are quite some penhold players in Austria :).

You're welcome! I saw a 70 year old dude who was a lefthander and played penhold :D he kinda looked like the hunchback of notre dame :D