Balls ( Stiga / Double Circle )

Im going straight to the issue. I got in front of me two balls a Double Circle ball and a stiga one. Stiga is one star "MASTER" and Double Circle is unranked. I play with both balls and i realise MASSIVE difference while playing.

Both are same grippy but Stiga feel so light and Double Circle feel too heavy, tried to weight them with an electronic scale not so accurate but finds Stiga to be 2 grams and Double Circle 3 grams( tried many balls from the boxes and the difference is same ). The shop I bought the Double Circle balls told me National Team practises with these balls, but stiga is 1 star ranked.

So with which balls i should practise ? Which is more close to the true ball which i think should weight 2.7 grams? What balls you use for practise ? Notice that Double Circle is priced a bit less than 2E/6balls box and Stiga a bit less than 5E/6balls box.

Thanks a lot .
Stiga_1.jpgDouble Circle.jpg

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
With practice balls, many buy them buy the box of 144 and buy a LOT of boxes of them. Practice balls are obviously inferior to match balls and everyone has their preference. Those that are 1 star are not really great balls, even for practice in my opinion, strictly rec center stuff. A box of 144 name brand quality practice balls should run around $50 USD and I would go with them.

Yasaka makes a great one, both this one and the ones you see mass marketed.

yasaka 2 star ball.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Chinese National team used DHS 1 star and 3 star

During special training sessions (ie London 2012 preparations) they will use other balls (match ball used in said tournament)

By the sound of the weight, I would use the double circle ball.
Too light is okay for multiball, but not good for spin/speed rallies

Reactions: Alborz
Wieghing just one ball.. or even three is not a reliable way to get average weight. Try weighing 144, lots better result to get average weight. Too many things can go wrong with such a small sample size.
I dont make the post because I am detail lover or something but the difference between the stiga and double circle ball is MASSIVE i repeat it because its honestly like different game and this happens with all the balls of the 6 ball packs . Even someone that uses first time a table tennis bat will notice the difference with some shots. I dont expected good roundness i can see balls when i hit on net a high spin ball wobbling a lot indicating that balls are far from round but still it doesn't affect my game. So i just expect a ball that is close to weight with a good 3 star one.

This user has no status.
i tried a double circle ball few weeks ago. we were at school, it was holiday so the storage room where we kept our balls were locked.

a friend came and bring 2 double circle balls, he said he bought it at the bookstore (WTF). i am 100% sure that it is the same ball as in the OP's picture.

the balls sucks big time, they are not round and way too heavy...

im not sure if its real ball or fake ball but who in the world would fake double circle bals...