• Wong ChunTing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I know, I've played with both the plastic and the D40+, the former had terrible quality. But you mentioned that DHS again changed the formula for batches after September. I haven't played TT for 4 months so I can't tell if there's a difference now. But why would DHS make another change of formula if it hurts their own players? I'm not saying you're wrong, only curious as to why DHS would ever do such a thing? Maybe they didn't know that the result would be so damning for the chinese players?

DHS changed the ball material to ABS and kept changing formula because the older balls are prone to break. Don't you think the plastic ball is good for CNT in previous years? Take a look at Qatar Open this year when the plastic ball was used for ITTF tour for the last time and take a look at Japan Open then German Open. Most contenders are the same.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
There could many reasons to change things in ball production, like trying to optimize the process to make it cheaper or produce less defective balls. Maybe something happened at the raw material supply (price changed, supplier changed, ...) that forced them to change. Or the genuinely tried to improve the ball, yet somebody in QA screwed things up.

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
1. I did not say CNT players will not be able to adapt to the new formulated D40+ in the future. Those Chinese coaches who commentated said some players changed equipment to counter the ball change. WH said the players need bodybuilding and play with more power. The consequences are more losses during experimentation and more injuries. But if CNT players will win at last and DHS gets a product with more consistent quality which means more deals with ITTF, why shall DHS care now?
2. DHS is still promoting non-standard LCD table and two-colored balls in CNT trials and CTTSL. Many players complaint about the table and ball. The table with score on it is just stupid and two-colored ball does not help audience to see the spin at all. But DHS is the sponsor and keeps promoting them, aiming for acceptance from official tournament. Do you think DHS really cares about the players?

I know, I've played with both the plastic and the D40+, the former had terrible quality. But you mentioned that DHS again changed the formula for batches after September. I haven't played TT for 4 months so I can't tell if there's a difference now. But why would DHS make another change of formula if it hurts their own players? I'm not saying you're wrong, only curious as to why DHS would ever do such a thing? Maybe they didn't know that the result would be so damning for the chinese players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think DHS will care if their number one poster boy doesn't win due to their choices, making no one wanna buy their rubbers anymore. That is of course the extreme but it could happen.

Other than that I fully agree with you, like I mostly do :)

1. I did not say CNT players will not be able to adapt to the new formulated D40+ in the future. Those Chinese coaches who commentated said some players changed equipment to counter the ball change. WH said the players need bodybuilding and play with more power. The consequences are more losses during experimentation and more injuries. But if CNT players will win at last and DHS gets a product with more consistent quality which means more deals with ITTF, why shall DHS care now?
2. DHS is still promoting non-standard LCD table and two-colored balls in CNT trials and CTTSL. Many players complaint about the table and ball. The table with score on it is just stupid and two-colored ball does not help audience to see the spin at all. But DHS is the sponsor and keeps promoting them, aiming for acceptance from official tournament. Do you think DHS really cares about the players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
If you read WH's recap of ML's World Cup. I think he has some valid points. First-three-ball is always the key for CNT players; if they are pushed into long rallies, they don't have a lot of advantage over European players even in the era of plastic ball. ML's serve return is not BH banana flip everything; he does a lot of FH or BH pushes in order to restrict the opponent. He did not make good serve return with the new ball for now. But still, only TB beat him in World Cup not everyone.

Coach Wang Hao commented on Ma Long's performance in the World Cup to Xinhua News. "Ma Long is not in the best form. After the China National Games, he did not get enough training due to his injuries. He tried very hard adjusting himself from the first match to the last. But the lack of systematic training had some impact on his performance." He mentioned that the ball was changed again before Asian Cup. Ma Long's play style counts on good control of first-three-ball and he is very sensitive to the ball change. Through this tournament, he found problems with serve return which affected the following tactics. Players feel that the new ball is heavier and the flying speed and trajectory change. That's why they need time to adapt. "More power and bigger movements are required to make spins with the new ball in rallies. For the old ball, 70-80% of the current power is enough." When asked about Timo Boll's comeback in the semifinal, Wang Hao said, "Ma Long lost control of first-three-ball and gave Timo Boll many opportunities. Timo Boll played a lot into Ma Long's forehand side; due to waist injury, Ma Long had to spend more energy to play forehand." "Ma Long reached today's level with his skills, adaptions and experiences. But sometimes matches did not fall into the way as he planned. With certain adjustments, he is still the best player in the world."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I think DHS will care if their number one poster boy doesn't win due to their choices, making no one wanna buy their rubbers anymore. That is of course the extreme but it could happen.
Other than that I fully agree with you, like I mostly do :)

DHS: Damn, why DO changed back from DHS rubbers or we can put him on the poster!

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I work in a Danish TT shop and judging from me and my co-workers experience, DHS has surely made changes to their ABS balls recently. We have tried out various two- and three-star balls made by DHS (from DHS, Stiga and our own brand Inzone) and we are very clearly seeing two different types of balls - most likely due to the production dates.

So it would appear the the CNT might be right about this - or at least that's what it seems like to me :eek:

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I just managed to interview Rosskopf here in Sweden on his teams recent success over Ma Long and Fan Zhendong.

Rossi shows advanced mastery of understatement. "I think they have some system's problem", he said, and I cringed at the horror hidden in plain sight behind these few words.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dima as world n.1 soon..

If I heared correctly, Dima will be no. 1 in January.
If I heared correctly, Adam Bobrow said that, the win over FZD will cost FZD 1st place in WR.
And it means, that my statement, that FZD will never be the best one, is so far true.
I think I mentioned it, that FZD will never reach position of the world number one. He is missing something and he will keep doing that. But - of course - that is my opinion and I can be wrong.
I also said long time ago, that ML will never win world championships..
And it took him only 4 attempts to prove me wrong, lol :D

This user has no status.
I think I mentioned it, that FZD will never reach position of the world number one. He is missing something and he will keep doing that. But - of course - that is my opinion and I can be wrong.
I think FZD would deserve to be the n.1. But he is just not lucky enough.
So far it was because of Ma Long. The unbeatable dragon.
Now that Ma shows some weakness, Dima comes. Strong as never before.
And his path towards position n.1 is blocked once again..

Probably you're right, his destiny is to be forever the n.2. Which BTW, it's still a remarkable thing:D

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Given FZD's age and performance right now it's very unlikely he wouldn't make it to WR#1 and also WTTC singles gold at some point in next 5-8 years...

If I heared correctly, Dima will be no. 1 in January.
If I heared correctly, Adam Bobrow said that, the win over FZD will cost FZD 1st place in WR.
And it means, that my statement, that FZD will never be the best one, is so far true.
I also said long time ago, that ML will never win world championships..
And it took him only 4 attempts to prove me wrong, lol :D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
He lost 13-15(?) in the 7th set against the winner of German Open, he even had matchpoint(s), how can you say that he's unlikely to become WTTC Champion in the next 5-8 years? Even this year it was super close in the 7th set at the WTTC final and he's only 20! Just because he did not win German Open this time and lost against the winner in the semis?
That does not make any sense.

btw: amazing point by FZD

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Given FZD's age and performance right now it's very unlikely he wouldn't make it to WR#1 and also WTTC singles gold at some point in next 5-8 years...

I know, I just have the feeling, we will not..
You know - it is just a feeling, future will tell, maybe I am wrong..