Ask Hugo Calderano a question!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Great answers!
The final countdown is a great song to prepare! :)

New questions:
who is the hardest opponent youv played sofar?

Who has the best serve in your opinion.

Hi Liten, the hardest opponents I faced so far were Ma Long and FZD, they were very tough.

And two of the best serves I have seen are Mizutani’s and Tsuboi’s

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
hello Hugo, congratulations on the Pan-American championship, my question is, do you think is lacking in South America, to have players at the level of European and Asian? sorry for my english

Hi Francisco. It’s hard to talk about South America as a whole because there are different situations in different countries and I don’t know them well. What I can say is that there are many good players in South America and some have enough talent to have a successful career in Europe.

Reactions: aerial
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi Hugo,

I was wondering at what point it was at which you realised it was you were going to make it as a pro player

Hi TarnotTT, I guess it was at around 14, when I started having good results at international competitions and then decided to leave my hometown, Rio de Janeiro, to live and practice in São Caetano do Sul, with the Brazilian team.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
E aí Hugo tudo certo? Grande fã seu, gostaria de saber se tu já jogou com o pessoal do Itaim Keiko quando estava no Brasil e o que VC acha do clube? Abraço boa sorte!!!

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Fala Yuri! Joguei muitas vezes com o pessoal do Itaim, principalmente quando eu era infantil e juvenil. Nunca treinei lá, mas parece ser um ótimo clube. Abração!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Olá Hugo
Admiro muito seu jogo!!!
O que você acha que falta no Brasil para evoluir mais seu tênis de mesa?
Como por exemplo a Alemanha, como sua fortíssima liga e tantos grandes jogadores.
O que vc espera de seu time na Liga esse ano??
abç

This user has no status.
Good morning! I just saw some of your matches on YouTube and i still can't stop to admire your backhand again and again and again!
I will take a break to write my personal questions:
You had to face some legends in this sport like Ma Long and FZD known more like tabletennis machines than humans,so the question is: i guess you and your coach studied their game a lot before the match, how did you prepare to play against them? Did you make some adjustments in your game style considering the difference between Chinese and European players?
During the match did you notice a weak point in their style to take advantage of? On the other side what was their strength based on?
Thanks!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hugo, how much time out of the year do you spend in Brazil and how much time in other countries to train?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That Rubik cube was solved pretty quickly...
Good one :)

Three more questions, please:

Is the general playing style in brazil different to europe and if yes, what is the differences?

Do you think it would be possible to build up leagues in Brazil like there are in Europe?

Are tournaments shown on TV and how many spectators come to the tournaments?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi it's nice to have the oppertunity to ask a pro a question.
So my question is: how do you train? ( how often ,how long, what ways of training so technique footwork mentality strongness etc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
hello hugo,

it's very nice to read answers from a great player as you. Your backhand is already well known !

You play at the club of simon Gauzy !! You are two players i like to see you at the most at youtube.

My question : what's your physical training outside of table tennis ? footing too ?
strengh training ? flexibility exercices ?

how many times do you come back to Bresil each year ?