Blade choice for short pimple

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
HZW uses a Clipper CR.

If you are talking about his earlier basswood blades, 24 is a tall order. I can only get you 6. Weight and thickness are really the only important variables amongst these, don't loose sleep on the spec's that someone else uses.

563 is a good introduction to medium pips, and hard to beat at any price point.
Bear with me, but who is HZW

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Clipper CR is a good blade! Can also loop with it. Good to think about the inverted side too. Fast and hard is good for pimples but maybe more difficult for inverted side.

I loved my Clipper CR. It just felt so very solid. I was of cuz only using inverted on both sides. Broke it and it just doesnt feel the same anymore... could be psychological

Anyway, I am actually considering to try some sort of pimple on my forehand. Not so much the conventional quick fast attacking style, but more variation and deception.

I once played a chinese female player who used long pimples on her forehand. She took her time to hit with it, not chop, and it would come back so very strange and unpredictable. She really made an impression.

Do people use long/medium pimple to hit (in stead of chop) on their forehand?? is it viable? :confused: