BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
CNT players' protest is continuing. LGL's brother, coach Liu Guodong joins the protest as well.
I'm worried about these cnt players. They could be punished by CTTA.
A hot topic about "we miss LGL" has been banned by weibo.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Liu Guoliang was a beast at coaching a match too. Maybe best on-court coach of all time. Timo wrote about this in his book how he could figure out exactly where the weaknesses of his player's opponent were.

He was also great at inspiring his players. At the WTTC in 2013, check out how amazingly LGL motivates Ma Long to give that little bit extra and secure the match against Timo. After the Olympics in 2008, he also gave Wang Hao the task of just winning one match in the next tournament, which took the pressure off him and led him into his best form ever.

Check out the WTTTC match of ZJK and Boll. after Boll managed to make it back to 2:2. LGL apparently told ZJK to play the backhand down the line which made him get a 5-0 lead in the deciding set.

I think I heard a story here about how LGL just walked to the court after his player was 0-3 down or something and coached him to 4-3. Could be hearsay, but would be cool if someone remembers the entire story.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think this could snowball way above sports. This may be a watershed moment of sorts. Heads will roll. Whose heads?

But the players' loyalty says a lot about LGL.

I admre the courage and solidarity of the players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think I heard a story here about how LGL just walked to the court after his player was 0-3 down or something and coached him to 4-3. Could be hearsay, but would be cool if someone remembers the entire story.

It's in the Saive podcast, so any hearsay is from the horse's mouth. Saive is comfortably up 3-1 on Chen Qi. Unfortunately, LGL, who had just finished coaching another match, shows up to coach his guy. The match changes momentum and Saive loses 3-4.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
List of CNT who support LGL on weibo. (until GMT+8 Jun 23 10:45pm)

Players: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Liu Yi, Zhou Yu, Fang Yinchi, Cheng Jingqi, Ma Te
Coaches: Qin Zhijian, Ma Lin,Wang Hao
Province team coach:Chen Qi
LGL's family and friend: Liu Guodong (LGL's brother), Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband)

-----------
New Statement from General Administration of Sport of China:

“Three players and two coaches, who gave up today's match will be dealt with severely.”

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Here is what the Chinese governments says:

"We require sports teams, athletes at any time to patriotism, collectivism in the first place, excellent ideological style, strict discipline requirements and the level of movement is equally important. State Sports General Administration has instructed the Chinese table tennis association to find out the facts and dealt with it seriously."

I think this could get ugly. All tbe 1970s buzzwords.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think this could snowball way above sports. This may be a watershed moment of sorts. Heads will roll. Whose heads?

But the players' loyalty says a lot about LGL.

I admre the courage and solidarity of the players.

I think it just says a lot about the team and how well bonded they are. This is psychology 101, you can't go up against people who are used to fighting outsiders together and not get a bonded opposition. There is also likely an element of unfairness that is emboldening the players and the hope that someone higher up on the authority chain will intervene.

A lot of this can be resolved behind closed doors. They are all patriots and I wouldn't be surprised if LGL advocates they move on at some point as part of a broader negotiated settlement.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here is what the Chinese governments says:

"We require sports teams, athletes at any time to patriotism, collectivism in the first place, excellent ideological style, strict discipline requirements and the level of movement is equally important. State Sports General Administration has instructed the Chinese table tennis association to find out the facts and dealt with it seriously."

I think this could get ugly. All tbe 1970s buzzwords.

Hi Baal can you link me to this source please

This user has no status.
BREAKING News: liping.jpg

MA Long is seeking political asylum in Qatar. He is looking to form a strong team, joining LI Ping , with the aim of winning Gold again in Tokyo 2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
BREAKING News: View attachment 13601

MA Long is seeking political asylum in Qatar. He is looking to form a strong team, joining LI Ping , with the aim of winning Gold again in Tokyo 2020

Is it real ?? Either way I am sure many countries will welcome ML, FZD and XX with open arms. These guys always played for their country first. It will be a fitting reply if they chose to move on from motherland.