Butterfly introduces Lin Gaoyuan ZLC and SZLC Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
http://www.butterfly-china.com/Home/Product_List?channelId=35

Butterfly introduces new Lin Gaoyuan ZLC and Lin Gaoyuan Super ZLC blades, as Zhang Jike starts to get pushed out from branding as as now retired player. I find this to be a strange decision as LGY's time as a CNT mainstay could be in jeopardy and he is now a seasoned vet at this point. I would have expected them to follow in line with the youth movement (Harimoto line introduced earlier this year) and go with the Lin Yun-Ju SZLC given that he already uses the equivalent blade of this construction.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ugliest SZLC ever! First time I don't wanna buy Butterfly because of looks.

Still, many replies indicate otherwise.

As for ZJK, he still has a lot of pull. He said this much at the official opening of the new Butterfly building in 2018, suggesting he's signed a contract for another 10 years.

https://rallys.online/news/tamasu1/
ロンドン五輪金メダリストの張は「2009年にバタフライと契約し、それから約9年。その間にたくさんタイトルを獲れたのはバタフライのラケット、ラバーのおかげ。これからの10年間もいい関係で、共に卓球界に貢献したい」とコメントした。
Zhang, a gold medalist at the London Olympics, said, "It's been about 9 years since I signed with Butterfly in 2009. It was thanks to Butterfly's blades and rubbers that I won a lot of titles during that time. I want to maintain the good relationship for the next 10 years and contribute to the table tennis world together."

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
It is listed on the Butterfly China website but not Butterfly Japan's. I wonder if it will be a regional release? Seems doubtful, but this definitely seems like a release targeted at the Chinese audience. Not sure that LGY is the most influential or popular player worldwide, nor does he have potential and time on his side to become a repeat champion and household name, as Harimoto and LYJ do for years to come. So it is an interesting decision from a marketing point of view.

Not a fan of the L design either.

Jan 2018
Reactions are more mixed on bilibili. Same trend on Tieba after they learn the list price.

Some comment this release is just another Matryoshka doll. Some wonder what's different from ZJK SZLC and Harimoto SZLC. Some question what has LGY achieved to merit this? Some comment why not release LYJ instead of this crap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Reactions are more mixed on bilibili. Same trend on Tieba after they learn the list price.

Some comment this release is just another Matryoshka doll. Some wonder what's different from ZJK SZLC and Harimoto SZLC. Some question what has LGY achieved to merit this? Some comment why not release LYJ instead of this crap.

Basically all the questions I am having as well. But it is looking like it is not a global release, maybe a short term novelty item.

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
I think the LGY is not as "slow" as the harimoto but offers more control compared to the mizutani and zhang jike..
Might be a bit slower tho.

Very interesting for me.. really considering to buy it.

and 247€ for a szlc blade is a damn good price.
but when it gets caught at customs I´ll have to pay like 90€ extra

Last edited: