Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks DAN for the picture!!! I want to ask you about Ma long blades is it true what he uses for his FH skyline 3?

Yeah its true, he now uses skyline 3. He use to use the National Hurricane 3 but has now changed to skyline 3.

no, at least from Dan's description, it seems like they are the actual ones. Since they were taken from the control room at the China open 2011.

Yeah these are 100% real photos from the control room at the China Open

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I guess Wang Hao is using Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Hurricane Hao handle. The top ply looks the same as Ma Lin's, as well as the shape of the blade.
Or can you think of any other options? It's definately not Hurricane Hao.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
What's happening about Wang Hao using the sriver? I used that sriver rubbers on my first real table tennis bat. I know that they're using slow rubbers with a lot of spin, but that rubber??

@TTOski: Because they're boosting like there is no tomorrow, they can use slow rubbers with lots of spin. When they boost a rubber with good spin and control, it becomes an insane speed machine with nice control + good spin :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
THANK YOU Very Much Dan!!! (and of course TTProvider!)

GREAT POST!!!

--J.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dont think these players actually like playing with these rubbers and blades. All top players are payed to play with certain blades and rubber.

Sometimes sponsorships do work like this. But sometimes they do not. Some players get a sponsorship and then sort of are playing with that product because they are sponsored by the company rather than because they want to. But sometimes sponsorship works differently. When a player is so good, so well know, such a marketable commodity, sometimes they just play with exactly what they want and go to the companies and say, "sponsor me" and get the sponsorship. I think part of the DHS thing for the Chinese players might have to do with obligation and nationalism, but I do not think they would be using them if they did not like them. As players they are too good to use something they really don't like. I have no doubt that Jike is just using exactly what he likes. :) I cannot see him using something because of some company or contract, or following those kinds of rules.

I know there are stories about things like Wang Hao using a particular Stiga blade with a DHS handle. I have also heard stuff like that they can get something like Tenergy with a DHS lable on it. And perhaps the older guys, sponsorship went to companies they did not 100% want. But I do think Jike and Long are using what they want. I think Wang Liqin is now as well.

There have been players caught by their sponsors using Tenergy. So I doubt that anyone is using Tenergy because they have too and don't like it.

And those DHS rubbers are amazing for looping with the forehand.

Reactions: Suga D
Sometimes sponsorships do work like this. But sometimes they do not. Some players get a sponsorship and then sort of are playing with that product because they are sponsored by the company rather than because they want to. But sometimes sponsorship works differently. When a player is so good, so well know, such a marketable commodity, sometimes they just play with exactly what they want and go to the companies and say, "sponsor me" and get the sponsorship. I think part of the DHS thing for the Chinese players might have to do with obligation and nationalism, but I do not think they would be using them if they did not like them. As players they are too good to use something they really don't like. I have no doubt that Jike is just using exactly what he likes. :) I cannot see him using something because of some company or contract, or following those kinds of rules.

I know there are stories about things like Wang Hao using a particular Stiga blade with a DHS handle. I have also heard stuff like that they can get something like Tenergy with a DHS lable on it. And perhaps the older guys, sponsorship went to companies they did not 100% want. But I do think Jike and Long are using what they want. I think Wang Liqin is now as well.

There have been players caught by their sponsors using Tenergy. So I doubt that anyone is using Tenergy because they have too and don't like it.

And those DHS rubbers are amazing for looping with the forehand.

I see but how would you get money to eat and pay for bills and trips when you have small contract sponsorships. Players go with the best sponsorship to get the best pay and therefore have to use certain rubbers, blades, apparel and so forth.

Bai

This user has no status.

Bai

This user has no status.
Aug 2011
In fact the professional players bats are not as normal as the market edtion,the manufacturer(DHS STIGA BUTTERFLY.ETC) offer a special weapon(blade rubber) supply to the professional players.
so we would not buy it from the market,even thougy they have a same face.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I see but how would you get money to eat and pay for bills and trips when you have small contract sponsorships. Players go with the best sponsorship to get the best pay and therefore have to use certain rubbers, blades, apparel and so forth.

That may be true with players that are not in the top of the world.
But for example Chen Qi is sponsored by Killerspin but never uses Killerspin equipment except maybe a shirt in a Killerspin tournament.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In fact the professional players bats are not as normal as the market edtion,the manufacturer(DHS STIGA BUTTERFLY.ETC) offer a special weapon(blade rubber) supply to the professional players.
so we would not buy it from the market,even thougy they have a same face.

That is what I have heard as well. I have heard that they get the best stuff but they also get their stuff custom made and prepared for them. And if you look at those rubbers, they look juiced to me. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
is it true about all this blade...can they give their blade to be capture...actually i,ve seen wang hao...blade that he did not use hurricane hao...that have at the store...today i,ve seen it through ittv video...the grip is diffrent it doesnt have a tag that show wang hao face at the back i guest..
and bottom of the grip...but the rubber its pretty quite same as been show above..
and ma lin he really use the yasaka ma lin carbon but dont now which one..