Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I bet he's taking part of this because of the female crowd wanting to see him live. Otherwise, the stadium would be almost empty and the "Marvellous 12" marketing act would have been a major fail. Let's see now what happens if he recovers on time for the WTTC.. will Liu Guoliang "pick" him instead of others that will have a much better performance on this trials? The selection must be done some time before the WTTC, so it seems ZJ will have real trouble.

Reactions: laser23
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I bet he's taking part of this because of the female crowd wanting to see him live. Otherwise, the stadium would be almost empty and the "Marvellous 12" marketing act would have been a major fail. Let's see now what happens if he recovers on time for the WTTC.. will Liu Guoliang "pick" him instead of others that will have a much better performance on this trials? The selection must be done some time before the WTTC, so it seems ZJ will have real trouble.

If I remember correctly the coaching staff will select two or one player after the trials have finished? ZJK is definitely a big money asset for chinese companies so Im speculating maybe they "Forced" him or gave him extreme motivation to play. The guy cannot move for gods sake , he played a fantastic game with FB tried his best with LDS but today was utter failure. He should have taken a break back in 2015, treating your body with injections all the time eventually comes with a price.

As much as I admire his character and style of play I would rather see a young gun take his place than to see him get rekt in the wttc even if he reaches the final . The only scenario that he could win is if the opponent is scared shitless or plays very bad. But no one is afraid of an opponent that is sluggish

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The only positive scenario I can think of is that ZJK does not try much in order not to worsen his injury and fight again in the 3rd stage. LGL will definitely pick him if he does not make it , but the coaching staff should be really sure about when he will be fully recovered. WTTC is in may so he has exactly 2 months to recover & prepare , so it all boils down to the seriousness of his ankle injury and how bad his back is right now

This user has no status.
Do this trials officially decide who will participate in the WTTC? If so, how many top places get a ticket?

Or is it just a competition to see the form of the players and the coaches will eventually make the final decision?

If it's the second option I think they will take Fang Bo even if he goes 0-11 here.

It's the mixture of both. Read this.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
well in his first game and the two games that he won he was doing good even in front of xu xin he did well . just his in his last two he wasnt ok . I guess he can recover soon . maybe he's saving his energy and power . but really i hate some of u talk about his retirement why?? he's a champion . you're tired of him ?? well dont watch his game . I hope liu guoliang would pick him for WTTC .

http://tw.weibo.com/6013196559/4081996995339403 new video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I must say as a Cantonese speaker I am really poor in understanding Mandarin. :rolleyes: I remember that funny moment when FB kept saying "Net" but no response from umpire and point given to ZJK. Then ZJK jokes "Serve touch your jersey". :D Too bad the video angle is not clear on this.

Yes that part from FB was quite obvious. So ZJK was making fun of umpires being too sure about their call or just a casual joke?anyway good to see FB laughing also and not being bothered

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
well in his first game and the two games that he won he was doing good even in front of xu xin he did well . just his in his last two he wasnt ok . I guess he can recover soon . maybe he's saving his energy and power . but really i hate some of u talk about his retirement why?? he's a champion . you're tired of him ?? well dont watch his game . I hope liu guoliang would pick him for WTTC .

Everyone can talk about his retirement. Personally, ever since the match against Jeoung Youngsik at Olympics, he can retire when he chooses, he earned that right after that match for me in the best possible way with some of the best fighting spirit I have ever seen in a match.

This user has no status.
Ok, so after 6 rounds ML still didn't play against 3 top (currently at least) ranked players: LGY, LJK and FZD. The same goes for XX. LJK too is yet to face ML, XX and FZD. LGY not only has to play "just" ML and XX, but he already beat both FZD and LJK. Too bad he lost to ZY and ZQH.
Speaking of ZQH, both him and FB had pretty hard draw at the start, with ZQH already encountering ALL the top 5 ranked players (and winning 2 matches in the process), while FB has yet to face "only" LGY, so it's reasonable to assume that their percentage and ranking will go up from here. The same goes for YA.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

Personally I dont want him to retire, some people get too excited and judge the situation based on specific results only. In 2nd stage of trials and after the FZD highlights were published most people talked about how he is going to dominate and blahblah and LDS, LGY made him look like a fool.

A coach must consider many factors to choose a player, internal results on home soil is not the only one. LJK another example. He was crushing in the super league but he struggled hard against matsudaira and got humiliated by FB in qatar open . ML and ZJK are the only players right now that they have proven their worth not once but many times in all kinds of tournaments and types of pressure. I just want to see ZJK fight one last time even if he loses, it doesnt matter if it is 2017 or 2019 retiring before your 30's is just too early

Most people (at least in my eyes) judge/assess players too superficially. Mizutani and JYS were extremely close at achieving an upset against ML and ZJK in olympics. If ML lost most of them would say "oh I knew he was a choker" , If ZJK lost "oh LGL should have replaced him with XX or FZD" . You have to be a complete player both mentally and techically/physically to be the best and right now only ML is in such a condition. Let's see if ZJK can pull it off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Personally I dont want him to retire, some people get too excited and judge the situation based on specific results only. In 2nd stage of trials and after the FZD highlights were published most people talked about how he is going to dominate and blahblah and LDS, LGY made him look like a fool.

A coach must consider many factors to choose a player, internal results on home soil is not the only one. LJK another example. He was crushing in the super league but he struggled hard against matsudaira and got humiliated by FB in qatar open . ML and ZJK are the only players right now that they have proven their worth not once but many times in all kinds of tournaments and types of pressure. I just want to see ZJK fight one last time even if he loses, it doesnt matter if it is 2017 or 2019 retiring before your 30's is just too early

Most people (at least in my eyes) judge/assess players too superficially. Mizutani and JYS were extremely close at achieving an upset against ML and ZJK in olympics. If ML lost most of them would say "oh I knew he was a choker" , If ZJK lost "oh LGL should have replaced him with XX or FZD" . You have to be a complete player both mentally and techically/physically to be the best and right now only ML is in such a condition. Let's see if ZJK can pull it off
exactly what i wanted to say but really didnt wanted to have quarrel with some members who just change their opinion on a player in a second . again i hate to hear about zhang jike's retirement . i dont know maybe near or far he will do this as every player do but i hope he will fight for his fans ( include me :D ) as more as he can . he's the boss .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
No,theywillusearegulartable
alsowhydidmyspacebarstopworkingrightnow....

Huh, I am not the only one with this problem! My 'fix' is to hit 'return' once to create new line, but then write post on previous lines (NOT the last one, space bar does not work there) - somehow it works.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Some matches Jike can move a little bit and some he is just in total pain, it distorts the results. Liu please end it already, it makes no sense for him to play in this condition.
its interesting to know , zhang yining in her commentating told that : standing there behind the table in that condition is a victory for zjk . they really want him to play

Reactions: Suga D