Content Pulled from The Hijacking of GrandMaster's Thread

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
GM3r, you can't say personal insult things like this to people on the forum. Even if you are mad, you have tone down the aggression.

This has nothing to do with the conflict between you and the person you are having the heated conversation with. You can't call people "low IQ, intellectually handicapped, dummy, inhumane being: these are personal insults and if you want to be part of the forum, regardless of conflicts, you have to find a clear way of expressing yourself without personal insults.
I am losing track of these Euro's v.s. USD thing. can't things just be simple?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Agreed, but to be fair, there's ppl like OldUser who often uses these kinds of abusive language and he wasn't given any warnings officially either.
Actually, I just gave him a stronger warning than this.

This user has no status.
I'm all against Putin, wars etc... but this is a TT forum, If i want to read about this, i go to other SNS.

i'm not here either to see people insulting each other. Fortunately i can press that <IGNORE BUTTON> (again) but i wish the mods were a bit more proactive.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lol, I forgot you are from Northern California. Many good clubs over there such as ICC. Yeah, then maybe the guy is 1000 over there in Northern California?

JJ,

This Sacramento, a 2.5-4 hr car drive to the dozen plus good clubs... which is difficult even once a month if you are motivated and have time.

In Sacramento, it is pretty much like the rest of USA, not many high level players, ZERO real TT club... only TT action is in people's garage, a Church, or in Community centers setup tables and only play matches... even in open play nights, any real training is single ball only.

This means that it is damned difficult for many players to significantly raise their levels, even if they try. I cannot remember any player in Sacramento who started 1000 and made 2000... only one got close and that was when we had a full time club for 2 years with a proven junior development coach (Avi)... with our current situation, we will never develop much.

Ironically, I want to lead a trouble making TT mission to both TTA and Swan and 888 this upcoming weekend, calling @Jslick89 and the Sac TT Goon Squad posse, got 3 open seats in the official transportation asset SUV

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
JJ,

This Sacramento, a 2.5-4 hr car drive to the dozen plus good clubs... which is difficult even once a month if you are motivated and have time.

In Sacramento, it is pretty much like the rest of USA, not many high level players, ZERO real TT club... only TT action is in people's garage, a Church, or in Community centers setup tables and only play matches... even in open play nights, any real training is single ball only.

This means that it is damned difficult for many players to significantly raise their levels, even if they try. I cannot remember any player in Sacramento who started 1000 and made 2000... only one got close and that was when we had a full time club for 2 years with a proven junior development coach (Avi)... with our current situation, we will never develop much.

Ironically, I want to lead a trouble making TT mission to both TTA and Swan and 888 this upcoming weekend, calling @Jslick89 and the Sac TT Goon Squad posse, got 3 open seats in the official transportation asset SUV
Got it. I remember when a guy visited our club in LA once and he is from Louisiana. He was trying to hit a different club every day. He was around 1500-1600 and he was very excited!!!

NDH

says Spin to win!
I'm all against Putin, wars etc... but this is a TT forum, If i want to read about this, i go to other SNS.

i'm not here either to see people insulting each other. Fortunately i can press that <IGNORE BUTTON> (again) but i wish the mods were a bit more proactive.
I agree on the mod side.

To my knowledge, Carl is the only mod here (assume Dan can also moderate, but I don’t know if he does).

I’m usually against most moderation on forums, but I feel TTD would benefit from 3 or 4 new moderators across the different time zones.

It’s an impossible and incredibly thankless task for one man (Carl) to be expected to rule on a forum like this.

I think Carls moderation is generally very good (although I’d personally have blocked some of the more annoying trolls by now).

But to have no one else to bounce ideas off, discuss issues and simply share the burden of moderation isn’t the best solution on a forum like this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree on the mod side.

To my knowledge, Carl is the only mod here (assume Dan can also moderate, but I don’t know if he does).

I’m usually against most moderation on forums, but I feel TTD would benefit from 3 or 4 new moderators across the different time zones.

It’s an impossible and incredibly thankless task for one man (Carl) to be expected to rule on a forum like this.

I think Carls moderation is generally very good (although I’d personally have blocked some of the more annoying trolls by now).

But to have no one else to bounce ideas off, discuss issues and simply share the burden of moderation isn’t the best solution on a forum like this.
I spoke to Dan about this problem
but I think this is a bigger problem than what I know. I offered to help, and Dan agreed and that was long time ago.

Really feel sorry and sad for Carl.
But yeah, it can sure be fixed for sure.
Now check how GM gets so defensive again

His training partners level really is not high.
Serving to someone who can't return your serve isn't going to help you improve and that is a fact, no matter where in the world you can be.

I'm not sure if he expect me and everyone here to start weeping for him because there is war going on.
Its sad and I have spoken to many Ukrainians (some national players too), even TT clubs there asking for support.

The world has done a lot for Ukraine. The problems there has affected everyone, especially TT community where raw material costs on blade and rubbers has been affected.
No one is a winner and there are people dying every day, not just Ukraine.

So yeah,
to GM, if you want to talk table tennis, then talk table tennis and leave the rest outside the TT hall.
Maybe after some sleep, go read how defensive you are.

As I said, I am not Russian, so stop thinking that you are always right and can't be wrong (aka like Olduser that fights back, like Putin does)
If you want to read more into this, then that is your problem. Not mine
Maybe you are using google translate, but Putin example is talking about Olduser....and you becoming too emotional/defensive.

so sleep and reread, is my suggestion
I await your apology

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I agree on the mod side.

I think there should be some commonly agreed rules, like e.g. personal attacks not allowed. But those, imho, should be in a sense of lowest common base rules. So that @USDC doesn't need to think about whether or not to enforce, and he can do this as a machine, without second thoughts.

All other things, I actually don't think a moderation is the way. Let me give an example. Brokenball sometimes makes posts which clearly are in the 1st category. But some of his posts, while still being wrong or arrogant, are not so. Recently, in another thread, he made such posts again, and specifically you and NL engaged him, and showed his dishonesty. After claiming he is good, NL challenged him to a friendly match with 0:5 start, if I remember, didn't get a reply. Such interactions help others to see the true colors and make their own ideas and decisions.

And I think that is the goal, that our overall resistance against non-sense grows. Because if it doesn't, we will live like slaves, if we are not killed before. Moderation, imho, doesn't help here much.

So, I think @USDC does good job as a moderator, and I don't want other moderators.

One other thing, yes, this is TT forum, but I wouldn't mind discussing occasionally other stuff, of course assuming we respect each others positions. E.g. while I strongly wish for peace in Ukraine, to the point that I'd be labeled peace-wisher, I disagree that Putin is the one to blame for what is happening.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I think there should be some commonly agreed rules, like e.g. personal attacks not allowed. But those, imho, should be in a sense of lowest common base rules. So that @USDC doesn't need to think about whether or not to enforce, and he can do this as a machine, without second thoughts.
If only Carl were a robot who didn't need sleep 😬

I agree that Carl does a wonderful job, but he can't be relied on 24/7 to keep things running smooth, and nor do I think it should fall on his shoulders to make tough decisions on his own.

It would be lovely if everyone followed commonly agreed rules, but there are numerous regular posters who do not.

I'm pretty laid back with people showing who they really are, but there has to be a limit.

Whilst some users (I won't name names), may be an annoyance to others, they might not break any rules.

But they might also break the rules time and time again over a long period of time and then you have to ask yourself if they should still be here?

I think it's a heavy burden for Carl to make that call on his own.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have asked Dan to onboard some other moderators. I gave him a list of people who I thought might be good for helping the site.

I did this more than once and for at least a year.

Personally, I try and leave as much alone in the interactions as possible these days. I do a lot about dealing with spam. But I try and let the issues between members get sorted out by the members.

I do wish you guys would do a little research on the psychology of trolls and ignore the trolls. Especially the biggest troll who writes a lot in bold red letters all the time. Those guys feed off people responding to them and it encourages them to post more when people respond and quote them. Also, quoting text from a troll ensures that if their content gets deleted, it lives on in your quotes.

Just ignore them. They are a waste of your time and by not ignoring them, you are actually giving them attention even if you think it is negative attention, you are feeding them.

So, remember, the next time you quote that guy who likes to write in bold, overly large red letters, you are ensuring his posts stay on the forum and you are also giving him a reason to write more nonsense....and almost for sure, he will bend your words to suite his needs or bend your words to imply you meant something you didn't.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Just ignore them. They are a waste of your time and by not ignoring them, you are actually giving them attention even if you think it is negative attention, you are feeding them.
Completely get that, but personally, I see no benefit to certain people being here when their sole purpose is to troll and agitate.

Contributing positively (even if it's a disagreement) is one thing.

But there are some people who should be removed to make this forum a better place (again, just my opinion).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have asked Dan to onboard some other moderators. I gave him a list of people who I thought might be good for helping the site.

I did this more than once and for at least a year.

Personally, I try and leave as much alone in the interactions as possible these days. I do a lot about dealing with spam. But I try and let the issues between members get sorted out by the members.

I do wish you guys would do a little research on the psychology of trolls and ignore the trolls. Especially the biggest troll who writes a lot in bold red letters all the time. Those guys feed off people responding to them and it encourages them to post more when people respond and quote them. Also, quoting text from a troll ensures that if their content gets deleted, it lives on in your quotes.

So, remember, the next time you quote that guy who likes to write in bold, overly large red letters, you are ensuring his posts stay on the forum and you are also giving him a reason to write more nonsense....and almost for sure, he will bend your words to suite his needs or bend your words to imply you meant something you didn't.
Point taken.

That said, there is a point to moderation that promotes an atmosphere. It's a difficult balancing act for sure, as a life without problems and conflict is not fun. But the balancing act between banning trolls and ignoring them for me is a no-brainer on a site like this one where the goal is to promote a certain kind of atmosphere.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Point taken.

That said, there is a point to moderation that promotes an atmosphere. It's a difficult balancing act for sure, as a life without problems and conflict is not fun. But the balancing act between banning trolls and ignoring them for me is a no-brainer on a site like this one where the goal is to promote a certain kind of atmosphere.
Yeah. I agree with you. But time is an issue. For the past three months I have been moving my kid to an apartment and moving myself to an apartment while trying to sort stuff I need to keep and would be better of without. If that was just my stuff it would be easy. But I am saving stuff for my kid from the parent who is no longer here. And that is harder.

So, I don't have time to really read through the threads and figure out where things start.

The other part, with the guy I am not naming, if he gets banned, he comes back in 7-10 other versions so it really ends up being a job of trying to paddle upstream. And if everyone understood and ignored the guy while I make stuff disappear silently, he gets board and goes away.

But yeah, there are 3 or 4 people on the forum who I probably would have banned a year ago who are active now. Some of it is really time to read everything and be sure of why I am doing it. But, I just don't have time for that.

New moderators would be great.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thinking of few months ago
was it only you, when there was 200+ spam threads a day?
I am actually still handling the spam. You guys just don't see it. But yes. That was me....me and for a few seconds maybe someone else helped.....but, maybe not so much....

With incidents like when Zeio and Broken ball were going after each other and both were acting like babies and I banned both of them and I banned Zeio for 1 week longer because he insisted HE WOULD NOT STOP and BB just took my asking them to avoid each and stopped going after Zeio, I don't really feel like people understand. And pretty much no matter who gets banned they always think it is bias and it was wrong that they get banned.

The time it takes, it just does not hold any kind of interest for me. And I actually am not sure it makes things better. Those people go back to acting like they do after. And if it is a permanent ban and you have someone who wants to be here, he will come back over and over.

Before I was asked to moderate, TTD was really a lot like the wild west. It would be good if there was someone who was on here consistently and really read the forum to oversee that aspect of things. These days I see the big stuff. But not the little stuff that leads up to it. It helps to have that perspective to try and manage a bunch of adults acting like children.

Reactions: JeffM and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am actually still handling the spam. You guys just don't see it. But yes. That was me....me and for a few seconds maybe someone else helped.....but, maybe not so much....

With incidents like when Zeio and Broken ball were going after each other and both were acting like babies and I banned both of them and I banned Zeio for 1 week longer because he insisted HE WOULD NOT STOP and BB just took my asking them to avoid each and stopped going after Zeio, I don't really feel like people understand. And pretty much no matter who gets banned they always think it is bias and it was wrong that they get banned.

The time it takes, it just does not hold any kind of interest for me. And I actually am not sure it makes things better. Those people go back to acting like they do after. And if it is a permanent ban and you have someone who wants to be here, he will come back over and over.

Before I was asked to moderate, TTD was really a lot like the wild west. It would be good if there was someone who was on here consistently and really read the forum to oversee that aspect of things. These days I see the big stuff. But not the little stuff that leads up to it. It helps to have that perspective to try and manage a bunch of adults acting like children.
Long story short - it's up to ownership to take the need for a moderation *team* seriously. Good luck and thanks for your leadership and service.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

i've obviously was away for a good few years and came back some where last year.
i actually didn't notice it was only you left on the mod team.
I guess it is pointless to ask, where did they go...

I agree with NL, ownership needs to take Mod duties a bit more serious.
TTD forum is the foundation of the entire TTD image.
without all these mods and members, TTD would not have all these brands advertising, and then TTD would only become a youtuber channel basically.

It is really tough for both the ownership and everyone.
I can feel you are not enjoying it. Back in the days, you used to post a lot and I'm sure you were loving every moment on TTD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Carl, make me a mod
My only job is to ban the guy who uses red text.
if he reincarnates and uses other colors - ban ban ban
lol

When I get tired, someone else takes over.
I don't think he will ever give it a rest, not after so many decades

So much garbage, just means more to clean up = more work at the end.
I do understand your capacity at the moment, but I do think certain individuals are taking opportunities. I did tell the ownership that quality of the forum has become a problem. Or maybe we all wasting our time here, since it is only heading one direction and you seem to be the last bolt holding things together. 1 bolt holding all the pressure