difference between big dipper and jupiter 3?

says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
Oct 2023
Both excellent. Jupiter 3 is tackier, more Chinese feeling but fast.

BD is less tacky, also fast, and more tensor feeling
That is a very accurate description, @TensorBackhand!

I am playing with Jup 3, 39 degrees on FH and I've found it to have a much lower throw than tensor like rubbers. It's quite linear, quite tacky - goes very well with Yinhe v14 pro in my opinion.

This user has no status.
Both excellent. Jupiter 3 is tackier, more Chinese feeling but fast.

BD is less tacky, also fast, and more tensor feeling
This exactally. If you are coming from European (hybrid) rubbers, BD will feel more at home. At lower hardness J3 felt like it had the handbrake on when going for a big hit, whereas with BD you feel a little acceleration when going for a big hit.

Small bit of advice, don't go too soft when trying out rubbers like I did, especially for your forehand. You can simply feel that Chines rubbers with lower than 39 hardness aren't meant to go on the forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Regular J3 has very low throw, so I only recommend using it on blades that create naturally high arc, even then powerlooping requires care to not hit the net or outta the table.
Not relevant to your question but might be helpful and it's fresh off my mind:
Comparing J3 39 (not boosted) to H3 neo blue provincial 39 (1 very very thin layer of seamoon yellow booster), I would say J3 has maybe 5% more speed, 5% less spin. On very high speed, hard loops and smashes, I think J3 might actually be more lethal. But for everything else like push, serve, receive... I prefer H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Regular J3 has very low throw, so I only recommend using it on blades that create naturally high arc, even then powerlooping requires care to not hit the net or outta the table.
Not relevant to your question but might be helpful and it's fresh off my mind:
Comparing J3 39 (not boosted) to H3 neo blue provincial 39 (1 very very thin layer of seamoon yellow booster), I would say J3 has maybe 5% more speed, 5% less spin. On very high speed, hard loops and smashes, I think J3 might actually be more lethal. But for everything else like push, serve, receive... I prefer H3.
I think very low throw is exaggerating.

All the times ive used J3, i really never noticed the throw. Maybe its slightly lower.

But not as low as B2.