Do I hit through the sponge or brush?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think I brush the ball and make thin contact, however unless using tacky rubbers, I prefer the feel of softer rubbers.

eg 05fx prefered to 05!

Hurricane I prefer 40 degree to 39 degree

This does not seem to make sense!

Surely if i brush well I could use harder varieties.

Shall I post some video?

This user has no status.
I think I brush the ball and make thin contact, however unless using tacky rubbers, I prefer the feel of softer rubbers.

eg 05fx prefered to 05!

Hurricane I prefer 40 degree to 39 degree

This does not seem to make sense!

Surely if i brush well I could use harder varieties.

Shall I post some video?
This topic gets addressed to some extent in my own thread https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/how-do-i-resolve-some-of-my-critical-errors.32450/
Maybe you can already get some information for your own gameplay from there too.

But as Lodro already stated, seeing your actual gameplay does help a lot to give better advice

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Just my personal feeling but I think it is easier to brush with a harder sponge under tacky topsheet, with a softer sponge and tacky topsheet I feel like I am encouraged to hit more to overcome the higher absorption feeling of the softer sponge coupled with the slowing effect of stickiness, with a harder sponge it is easier for me to use just the topsheet because the harder sponge resists the ball more, whereas with a nontacky topsheet it is easier to brush with softer sponge than hard because nontacky topsheets do not hold onto and slow the ball down like tacky ones do, if that makes any sense

Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Just my personal feeling but I think it is easier to brush with a harder sponge under tacky topsheet, with a softer sponge and tacky topsheet I feel like I am encouraged to hit more to overcome the higher absorption feeling of the softer sponge coupled with the slowing effect of stickiness, with a harder sponge it is easier for me to use just the topsheet because the harder sponge resists the ball more, whereas with a nontacky topsheet it is easier to brush with softer sponge than hard because nontacky topsheets do not hold onto and slow the ball down like tacky ones do, if that makes any sense
This probably explains what happens in my play I think!