This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

Both Timo Boll and Ma Lin play extremely well in this match...and I always enjoyed some of the rally's in it...like when Timo Boll is on the ground still returning Ma's hits.
This is no WorldCup or Olympic match..yet this was the very first Table tennis match I ever watched....and after watching it I have been hooked and obsessed with Table tennis ever since. lol

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
This is my favourite table tennis match because it's so much preasure on Schlager and Joo, they are in the WTTC final! This is one of the best competitions I've ever seen, and since they both did a wonderful job to get there, and the play in the final was amazing, this is my favourite match. ( Joo was ranked at No.63 in the world, and Schlager was No.7 I think.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

i love this video because this was a very rare chance.. a Pinoy vs Waldner..
even though this was for fun and Waldner was a bit drunk, he owned the game....
Ebuen later told his father that it was VERY HARD to read Waldner's serves! even if he was very near just watching J.O. play.

Last edited:

I chose this because it presents great difference between the pen holders and the shake-handers. It also presents the teamwork of an Asian and a European. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Kenta Matsudaira and Ma Lin

This was the match that really brought attention to Kenta, my favorite player now, he seemed down and out and even after Ma Lin's comeback in the seventh, he looked like he could bring it back again with the insane backhand counterlooping rally at 9-7.... looked to be a huge upset, the crowd was roaring

This user has no status.

I chose this video because Wang Liqin's victory in this match is truly inspiring.
You can clearly see Wang Liqin's concentration and motivation in his eyes. Throughout the first 2 sets Ma Lin is just Beasting and Wang Liqin can't quite keep up. Ma Lin is cheering loud with motivation and determination. He is really Hyped up and eager to win. Not only to win the title but to take it off his biggest rival.
Wang Liqin managed to get the upper hand in the 3rd set winning it comfortably. But the determined Ma Lin came straight back at him in the 4th giving Wang Liqin no time to think he will take this match.
But what happens next is truly what inspires me. All that pressure and on top of that playing an absolutely amazing player who is beasting right at the time playing at his top level and yet STILL keeps his motivation going. Wang Liqin is just super determined and wants the title so bad he starts beast himself playing at his top level. The match becomes so explosive with both players cheering hard and loud fighting fighting fighting. Pulling out the trump cards.
Ma Lin can feel Wang Liqin now has the game to win but refuses to let it be. But Wang Liqin goes all Bruce Lee and shows the world how much he wants it.
The 7th and final set was just so electrifying and extremely tense and entertaining to watch that my heart began to skip beats, my palms sweaty, throat dry and ready to scream.
Wang Liqin is victorious. His passion truly shows just how happy he is winning the gold for the 3rd time. He goes down in history and becomes a legend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
The English National Final between Andrew Baggaley and Liam Pitchford

This is my favourite match because as a junior player I find inspiring to watch the excellent technique and motivation of these younger players, and try to pick up tips here and there on how I can improve my game. I think the best point in this match is at 2:00. Also, I was lucky enough to get the autograph of Liam at the English Open, so I am very pleased as he is one of my favourite players to watch. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Dan,

I reposted the Kenta Matsudaira- Ma Lin match, the epic 7 gamer. I think you should reconsider judging based on who posted first, for one - i posted the full match and not highlights, and two) the instructions say to post your favorite match, and that is my favorite match ever whether or not other people posted it before me. So I think you should consider these two points kindly.

Regards.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan,

I reposted the Kenta Matsudaira- Ma Lin match, the epic 7 gamer. I think you should reconsider judging based on who posted first, for one - i posted the full match and not highlights, and two) the instructions say to post your favorite match, and that is my favorite match ever whether or not other people posted it before me. So I think you should consider these two points kindly.

Regards.

For sure, I will see who posted the video first, and then me and the moderators will decide who we think submitted the best video, ill do a vote.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Owned

This is my fav. video.
Reasons :
1. Innovation captured in the video, it is not just the forehand to forehand rally that we see but rather the genius of the top guys in those rare moments

2. It has managed to include the rare defining moments in TT ( if you are a youtube follower and an amateur like me :) ) .. waldner playing the "no look" shot , Kreanga playing successive round the table back hand loops

.. And seriously how many videos do you see where Timo plays twice with both hands , really !!!