This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
What a joke seriously :/
lets see who have won of this stupid rule:
1. spectators don't see fight. Only one real fight. they payed for tickets it is pathetic.
2. No longer live stream on TV. Less play less media attention. And it looks so weird when you win one match and thats it actually.
3. Maybe Austria win out this? I don't think so. It would be not tasty victory for me.

Atleast thank for the germans who still gonna play. It is probably can be more exchibition match...

I am very dissapointed of this situation and that rule. Nobody wins from this.

Reactions: Suga D
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
The bronze medal match has started. Germany vs Austria.

Edit: Match finished.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Ofcourse this rule is shit. Imagine German won against france yesterday. And here comes the final POR vs GER. Dima losses his first match and thats it the whole final is over :D

This actually just happened, when they were fighting for Bronze medal.
They seem to be playing only for fun, cause Baum just lost his first match vs Habesohn. So actually the game's over, but they still play doubles... For what?? This isn't making sense. Not even a little

Last edited:
Mens Singles: Round 1: Schedule, Jun,16

Wang Zeng Yi vs Ramil Jafarov <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Adrien Mattenet

Kalinikos Kreanga vs Cedric Nuytinck <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Adrian Crisan

Carlos Machado vs Niagol Stoyanov <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Andrej Gacina

Bojan Tokic vs Ivan katkov <----> Winner play in the Second round against Robert Gardos

Adam Pattantyus vs Matiss Burgis <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Paul Drinkhall

Par Gerell vs Pavel Platonov <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Alexander Shibaev

Li Ahmet vs Lubomir Pistej <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Marcos Freitas

Mihai Bobocica vs Farhad Ismayilov <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Vladimir Samsonov

Tomas Konecny vs Daniel Kosiba <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Simon Gauzy

Jean-Michel Saive vs Kirill Skachkov <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Kristian Karlsson

Jonathan Groth vs Marc Duran <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Tiago Apolonia

Kou Lei vs Constantin Cioti <----> Winner play in the Second round against Gionis Panagiotis

Daniel Gorak vs Benedek Olah <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Stefan Fegerl

Tan Ruiwu vs Admir Duranspahic <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Liam Pitchford

Wang Yang vs Aleksandar Karakasevic <----> Winner play in the Second Round against Timo Boll

Dmitrij Prokopcov (Free Ticket) he plays in the Second Round against Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE: Gold Medal Team Match: Portugal vs France!

This user has no status.
Gold Medal ..... PORTUGAL :cool:

portugal.gif

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
and ps.: at olympics there is a 4. player that can play if there is an accident some hours before the game
Yes, a fourth player is allowed in the Olympics, but also at the European Games according to the rules.

The rules state that the 4th player must be accredited before the accreditation deadline (same as the other players, in this case 12th of March 2015). If Germany - or any other team - had wanted a fourth player as a reserve, all they would have had to do was to sign up that player before the deadline.

I'm afraid Germany choose not to accredit a reserve. If they had, there would have been no problems at all letting him play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yes, a fourth player is allowed in the Olympics, but also at the European Games according to the rules.

The rules state that the 4th player must be accredited before the accreditation deadline (same as the other players, in this case 12th of March 2015). If Germany - or any other team - had wanted a fourth player as a reserve, all they would have had to do was to sign up that player before the deadline.

I'm afraid Germany choose not to accredit a reserve. If they had, there would have been no problems at all letting him play.

If that really would be the case, then the german headcoach Rosskopf should at least say that he's responsible.

But it sounded totally different in today's Interview with ETTU Vice Präsident Heike Ahlert though, and i'm afraid you are just makin' this up.
I really wonder why you try to spread wrong information, but there's obviously gotta be a serious reason.. :-/

Im deutschen Lager hofft man unterdessen, dass sich Bolls Zustand bis zum Beginn der Einzel-Wettbewerbe für die Top-16-Gesetzten am Mittwoch bessert. Ersetzt werden könnte er im Einzel zu diesem Zeitpunkt auch nicht mehr. Die Europäische Tischtennis Union hatte sich im Vorfeld der Europaspiele mehrfach dafür eingesetzt, vier Spieler pro Nation zuzulassen, fand aber kein Gehör. "Das Präsidium hatte verschiedene Vorschläge gemacht", sagte ETTU-Vizepräsidentin Heike Ahlert, die beim DTTB die für den Leistungssport zuständige Vizepräsidentin ist. "Weder vier Spieler pro Team, noch ein sogenannter P-Akkreditierter wie bei den Olympischen Spielen, der kurzfristig und bis zum Turnierende bei einem Ausfall einspringen kann, waren erwünscht, um die Zahl der Athleten in Baku nicht zu vergrößern."
(source: mytischtennis.de)

I hope you can understand, but if not, she said, that the ETTU has tried to get 4 players accredited for every team, but the responsible organisation denied. :-/
In my eyes this is a non-professional organisation & a b****hit competion.

But still congrats to portugal.

All teams should be grateful luckily none of their players got (or gonna get) injured.

Sorry for my hard words but that's kinda how i feel about this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
If that really is the case, the headcoach Rosskopf should at least say that he's responsible.

But it sounded totally different in today's Interview with ETTU Vice Präsident Heike Ahlert though, and i'm afraid you are just makin' this up.
I really wonder why you do that, but there's gotta be a reason.. :-/
Accusing me of being a liar? Classy behaviour and worth remembering.

Here are the rules.
http://www.ittf.com/CONTINENTAL GAM...ition-Format-Specific-Regulations_d1c21_x.pdf

You should read 1.6.3 point 3 in particular. And then it's time for you to apologise.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Brabhamista, here is the English translation of what SuctionD posted:

In the German camp is meanwhile hoping that Boll's condition improves to the beginning of the individual competitions for the top 16-placed on Wednesday. He no longer could be replaced in the individual at this time also. The European Table Tennis Union had repeatedly used ahead of the European Games in favor of allowing four players per nation, but fell on deaf ears. "The Bureau had made various proposals," said Vice-President ETTU Heike Ahlert that the body responsible for competitive sports vice-president is the DTTB. "Neither four players per team, even a so-called P-Accredited as at the Olympic Games, which can step in case of a failure in the short term and until the end of the tournament were desirable in order not to increase the number of athletes in Baku."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well excuse me, i had to take a minute to read. You seem to be right here, but this is absolutely confusing.
1. Who would make up such a stupid rule?
2. And then on the other hand, does that make the ETTU Vice President a liar, which would make her look like a sore loser?
3. I thought this is an EOC Event, and ITTF and ETTU can only make suggestions...

Well, I'm not sure what to think, but since it really seems you're right i definitely gotta apologise for my misjudging and gonna reedit my comment. Please excuse me

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Well, I'm not sure what to think, but since it really seems you're right i definitely gotta apologise for my misjudging and gonna reedit my comment. Please excuse me
No problem, Suga. I should apologise as well - I was not as calm and collected as I should have been there. No hard feelings, I hope.

And yes, you are right. It is a confusing situation, for sure.
I agree, it's a silly rule, but if it's there it cannot be ignored.

Anyway, let's look forward to the singles matches now. It's a much better way to spend our time :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Brabhamista, here is the English translation of what SuctionD posted:
Thanks NextLevel. I tried Google Translate as well, but the English translation it produces is not nearly clear and accurate enough to judge what was actually said. It's just too ambiguous for my taste, I'm afraid. Especially in a case such as this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You're absolutely right (again) ;-)
Our little discussion won't change these rules. I take this as a game of "verbal-table-tennis" and you countered my short sighted attack. ;-)
Thanks again and no need to apologise for you, since i obviously been leaning on wrong information.
Good reaction.
I hope Boll recovers quickly, and we're gonna see a couple of exciting matches

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I take this as a game of "verbal-table-tennis" and you countered my short sighted attack. ;-)
Hahaha, brilliant stuff :) Well, I play short pips penholder so I have no choice - I have to attack as much as possible, hehehe ;)
Anyway, you're a good man Suga. Enjoy your table tennis :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Short pimples, eh.... Now that explains your immunity to my spin. Great shot. Well played ;-)
But seriously, thanks a lot. Especially for stayin' calm, and not calling me names and also for the link to the ITTF rules. Thumbs up.
Maybe we can manage to play one day, you seem to be a real fair sportsman.

Last edited:
Reactions: brabhamista
This user has no status.
@brabhamista and suga D.
It seems that you didnt understand the rule totaly right, but think ill get it. No fourth player is allowed. I'll show you:
First of all
During the European Games, it is the policy of the EOC that P accreditations are not available.

With that written, it is already said that no replacement player is allowed, AFTER the European Games started.. what they did. So **** them and their games.

Replacement of an athlete can only occur after consultation with the relevant European
Federation (EF) and, when deemed necessary by the EOC, an EOC medical expert.
The replacement of athletes
due to medical reasons
after 1 May 2015 and up to 2 hours
prior to the Sport Technical Meeting, or weight draw as appropriate, is possible providing:
1. The replacement athlete is entitled, and qualified, to take part in the European Games as
stipulated in the Qualification systems, published in 2014 and regularly updated by the EOC and
B
aku European Games Operation Committee (BEGOC).
2. No doping control issues are pending concerning the replacement athlete.
3. The National Olympic Committee (NOC) of the replacement athlete had applied for
accreditation for the athlete prior to the application for accreditation deadline on 12 March 2015.

I think that just says, that if a player that was before the games nominated to the team and got injured can be replaced till a certain deadline BEFORE the games. So nobody is a liar and the organizers are just stupid people who have no idea of sports