European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
13-11 in the 5th in front of your home crowd to clinch the match - that must be exhilarating after the fact!
We were so worried.. man the feeling was indescribable. We we're thinking if there's any point in even going to watch tomorrow if we lost.

Things looked so shakey, Kristian kept serving long, serving high or having trouble with Majoros serve. His game is so much all or nothing. But he pulled off an amazing feat in the end.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I saw the Poland vs Portugal results and it didn't make sense to me. Then I read the news story and it made perfect sense. Unfortunate that Anders Lind despite his obvious talent still behaves like a petulant child at the worst time, hopefully the fact that it cost his team a winnable match will make him reflect on whether it is worth it to behave so stupidly at critical moments.

Guy is very fun to watch. Along with Moregard, he's one of the Europeans I'll always tune in to watch.

I think it's a perfect scenario for him to cost his team a potential run at the ETTU Championship in order to get him to chill out a bit. It's one thing to embarass yourself, but letting down your team is something that most people will probably take positive steps to make up for. Moregard seems to toned down his behavioral issues and has been the MVP of his team so far. Maybe this is the wake up call for Lind to do the seame.

That said, it's a pretty bizarre situation. Generally there wouldn't be a screen right there. I noticed it was there when ETTU started and thought it was a pretty cool addition. Didn't expect it to be the center of controversy within a few days lol

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I saw the Poland vs Portugal results and it didn't make sense to me. Then I read the news story and it made perfect sense. Unfortunate that Anders Lind despite his obvious talent still behaves like a petulant child at the worst time, hopefully the fact that it cost his team a winnable match will make him reflect on whether it is worth it to behave so stupidly at critical moments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Guy is very fun to watch. Along with Moregard, he's one of the Europeans I'll always tune in to watch.

I think it's a perfect scenario for him to cost his team a potential run at the ETTU Championship in order to get him to chill out a bit. It's one thing to embarass yourself, but letting down your team is something that most people will probably take positive steps to make up for. Moregard seems to toned down his behavioral issues and has been the MVP of his team so far. Maybe this is the wake up call for Lind to do the seame.

That said, it's a pretty bizarre situation. Generally there wouldn't be a screen right there. I noticed it was there when ETTU started and thought it was a pretty cool addition. Didn't expect it to be the center of controversy within a few days lol
I agree that his act might have been innocent at most events but in general feeling thr need to kick/destroy things as an anger management strategy or celebration is pretty lame, whatever people think of Zhang Jike.

But I think like you pointed out, the key thing is that the consequence here will help him mellow a little in the playing hall. It will help him IMHO.

This user has no status.

I watched it, it was definitely an accidental kick and the screen shouldn't be that brittle to begin with...what screen brand is it?! I think the disqualification was a bit too harsh imo... Sometimes after a tough match your legs are kinda shaking and you don't have 100% perfect control of them especially when he was looking at the umpire....

• Haha
Reactions: latej and Wrighty67
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If Moregard can't beat F. Lebrun here, even with that home crowd support, then nothing will get him through.

Ik zag Polen, sorry, ik bedoelde de resultaten tussen Denemarken en Portugal, maar het klopte niet voor mij. Toen las ik het nieuwsbericht en het was volkomen logisch. Jammer dat Anders Lind zich, ondanks zijn overduidelijke talent, op de slechtste momenten nog steeds als een nukkig kind gedraagt. Hopelijk zal het feit dat het zijn team een winnende wedstrijd heeft gekost hem doen nadenken over de vraag of het de moeite waard is om zich op kritieke momenten zo dom te gedragen.

Lind1.jpg

Lind2.jpg

Lind3.jpg
:eek:eps:🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Doum
whst happened Gauzy?Is he retired from France team?NO WTTC now no ETTC.He is much better than Roland.was it dececion of coach or or Gauzy not to participate?
He became the father of a second child this week.

Jan 2018
If Moregard can't beat F. Lebrun here, even with that home crowd support, then nothing will get him through.
Not gonna wait until the end. It's even uglier against A. Lebrun. The last encounter at European Games was a blip. Why not Karlsson?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Moregard going to Plan B with a lot more offspeed blocking against A. Lebrun which he sometimes pulls out when he's losing. Usually it doesn't work out well but it's keeping him in this match.

This ETTU teams championship has been peak so far this year in terms of atmosphere and excitement. Loving it.

Jan 2018
How many serves has A. Lebrun missed in both matches? That's gonna cost him. Calling the TO after he missed that serve in G5 would've been more appropriate.