For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
1698002021793.png

Cybershape Mantra Pro M! All you need to do now is to perfectly align these with your cybershape when you glue them on...
Also, Mantra Sound (42 deg) and Mantra Control (45 deg) are now available.

Jan 2023
How on earth did this product go from "a great idea at a brainstorming meeting" to an actual product available for consumers is beyond me.
They should release Cybershape versions of all their popular models instead IMO (Clipper, Carbonado etc.)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
View attachment 27121

Cybershape Mantra Pro M! All you need to do now is to perfectly align these with your cybershape when you glue them on...
Also, Mantra Sound (42 deg) and Mantra Control (45 deg) are now available.
If a player has two left hands and therefore trouble with cutting rubber,
he/she will have a complete arse of a time to get these rubbers aligned to the blade. Actually if the rubbers match the blades exactly I would venture to state that it might be nay impossible to get them on perfectly ,it might end up all looking like dogs bollocks. 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
They should release Cybershape versions of all their popular models instead IMO (Clipper, Carbonado etc.)
Doing so will just make it clearer that there isn't much special about the shape and that it only sells blades that have good composition already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I mean the cybershape already makes cutting rubbers much easier either with a blade or scissors than the regular oval shaped heads.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How on earth did this product go from "a great idea at a brainstorming meeting" to an actual product available for consumers is beyond me.
Agree. They just need to ask a table tennis player who changes his or her rubber just one time and the answer is, "do not launch this product!"

Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Agree. They just need to ask a table tennis player who changes his or her rubber just one time and the answer is, "do not launch this product!"
You will be surprised - the number of players around me who let third parties put together their setups is surprisingly high. So many good players, especially since speed gluing went away, don't put together their blade. Mind boggling to me but true.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I found that putting peanut oil on my heavy duty scissors makes it very easy to cut the rubber, even thin sponge long pips or OX long pips. Aligning pre-cut rubbers perfectly is difficult, I get it right maybe 50% of the time. Aligning the bottom edge is not sufficient, any small rotational error magnifies by a lot going to the top. So I use all my fingers to pre-align the entire rubber...

Jan 2023
You will be surprised - the number of players around me who let third parties put together their setups is surprisingly high. So many good players, especially since speed gluing went away, don't put together their blade. Mind boggling to me but true.
I wouldn't mind someone else putting rubbers on for me if they do it well. Tennis players don't string their own rackets either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I wouldn't mind someone else putting rubbers on for me if they do it well. Tennis players don't string their own rackets either.
You're right. I do think that there are important differences between what tennis players do and what table tennis players do in terms of equipment, but in the end, if you feel confident that someone is building your rackets for you and you play well with them, then it probably saves time. I just have glued rackets for so long that I know what a glue job can do to a racket so I prefer to control that process. But it doesn't mean I can't do a crappy glue job either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Agree. I just don't trust others putting together my equipment. But yes I can see in my club, many players just buy Butterfly products from the club coach and ask him to put it together. However you can get non-Butterfly products so much cheaper through TT11 and no one seems to care. They like to spend their money I guess?

Reactions: NextLevel