For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Agree. I just don't trust others putting together my equipment. But yes I can see in my club, many players just buy Butterfly products from the club coach and ask him to put it together. However you can get non-Butterfly products so much cheaper through TT11 and no one seems to care. They like to spend their money I guess?
Yeah, I think they just aren't serial EJs like us, so they don't need to save money lol.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
This is what I usually do:

I cut my rubbers to the biggest blade I own (either Clipper, Force Pro Black, or Korbel), basically a blade with head size of 158 x 152 mm.

Then when I transfer the rubbers to another blades (standard blade of 157 x 150 mm), it is a bit overhang on every side (very minimal). It acts as a cushion when the blade knock the table (I hate using side tape because of the glue residue afterwards). And if the rubbers shrink a bit, they fit perfectly fine onto standard blades.

Regarding scissor vs cutter:

I don't understand why I can't cut the rubbers perfectly using scissor, they are always un-tidy. But I do decent job using cutter.

Regarding cybershape:

I talked to a TT store employee quite some time ago and he confessed that it was harder to cut rubbers according to cybershape's shape, compared to the usual round shape. I guess it made sense because for round shape, the cutter can just follow the shape smoothly, while for cybershape, it has drastic turn of cutter passing every corner.

Probably this was the reason that Stiga launched those rubbers?

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is what I usually do:

I cut my rubbers to the biggest blade I own (either Clipper, Force Pro Black, or Korbel), basically a blade with head size of 158 x 152 mm.

Then when I transfer the rubbers to another blades (standard blade of 157 x 150 mm), it is a bit overhang on every side (very minimal). It acts as a cushion when the blade knock the table (I hate using side tape because of the glue residue afterwards). And if the rubbers shrink a bit, they fit perfectly fine onto standard blades.

Regarding scissor vs cutter:

I don't understand why I can't cut the rubbers perfectly using scissor, they are always un-tidy. But I do decent job using cutter.

Regarding cybershape:

I talked to a TT store employee quite some time ago and he confessed that it was harder to cut rubbers according to cybershape's shape, compared to the usual round shape. I guess it made sense because for round shape, the cutter can just follow the shape smoothly, while for cybershape, it has drastic turn of cutter passing every corner.

Probably this was the reason that Stiga launched those rubbers?
Yeah, you have to care about the way your paddle looks to care about such stuff. I determined aeons ago that the way my paddle looks has very little to do with how well it plays.

Reactions: JJ Ng