Goon Squad assembling in NYC this Saturday PM

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
It was my honor and pleasure to have had the opportunity to hit with and play The Goon Squad!

Sincerest thanks also to 42&backpains for the invite!

And deepest gratitude to the members for their kind words on my blocking in UpsdieDownCarl's warm up vid! Coming off a 30 plus years hiatus, and only been playing for a year now after my "unretirement", I'm still rusty and timing & feel/touch is not like I was of old. Also, playing with a new blade/rubber as my main racket "died".

Thank you all!

Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Vid will be live in 5-10 minutes from this post. High quality LONG file length, almost 1GB. Use Note 5 to record.

The video quality is great. And Der_Echte is really like a cartoon character in real life and in this video you can see it. :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It was my honor and pleasure to have had the opportunity to hit with and play The Goon Squad!

Sincerest thanks also to 42&backpains for the invite!

And deepest gratitude to the members for their kind words on my blocking in UpsdieDownCarl's warm up vid! Coming off a 30 plus years hiatus, and only been playing for a year now after my "unretirement", I'm still rusty and timing & feel/touch is not like I was of old. Also, playing with a new blade/rubber as my main racket "died".

Thank you all!
OSP,

You are old school and cool by me. I pegged you for a tough 2000 plus sticky tough player. You know what you are doing and even if opponent know what you are doing they do not stop you.

Hang around Carl and friends as often as you can.

I appreciate the chance to play vs you in doubles. If I get a chance to have you as doubles partner the Goon Squad won't have a chance. They will jump off the Brooklyn Bridge in fear to escape the onslaught.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Der_Echte,

Too bad we ran out of time! Would've been fun to see what we could've done as a doubles team!

You are too kind, thank you for you gracious comments, I'm 1400 at best, was just fortunate my doubles partner set me up proper.

Was fortunate to hit with Carl a previous time. Look forward to the Goon Squad's next meeting!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OSP, here is the deal. I never saw you in Singles and I honestly don't really care about what your current Singles level is.

You do many of the things right or highly effective that Der_Echte values and would expect of his doubles partner.

No 1 Priority - Keep it on the table and not make silly errors, do not allow easy attacks

Gravy - Serve tricky. Serve and not allow easy attack. Serve and give me a long ball to spin crazy enough to make Spaceman silly dizzy. Make great placement to avoid attacks or at least make it low percentage.

A player who does those things right is much more valuable than a 2000+ level player who doesn't know how to setup a partner and who pisses away points by being macho at the wrong time in the wrong way.

I would have like my chances playing vs the Woody Woodpecker team of Carl / PP Holic.

Your shots create doubt in opponent... they either go aggressive at the wrong position or timing, or they play it safe and push long... and you know I am waiting behind that door with a baseball bat to bash that weak return into the soccer hall or spin it so they block it into the high ceiling.

What you showed me you do well is about the best I can expect out of a doubles player given how I prefer to play.

Your singles rating has little to do with any of the things I mentions that makes you very sucessful on a doubles team with me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Serve and give me a long ball to spin crazy enough to make Spaceman silly dizzy.

There really were a few shots Der_ made that had so much spin the ball looked like it was dancing in the air.

@ OIdSchool: I have trouble calling you by the name of my blade: [emoji2]

You are back after a 30 year break. I'd say, considering, you are playing pretty great. Especially since you are playing a style that is very rare. Some of your smashes were so dead I might think you were using short pips. But you are good as varying your response and there are several gears to you game. And for real, you are definitely great to train with. Add to that that you are using a brand new blade that is very different from your old one and you are still not used to it, I'd say, you are doing great in your comeback. We will find time to train again soon.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We too including the Goon Squad and Honey Trap contracted support team would be exceedingly happy to meet the Head Honcho MEISTER of TTD that is named Dan I for adventure friendship and general purpose Mayhem in the big city if you are to visit.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You guys are to cool, looking forward to assembling with the squad in the near future!

UpsideDownCarl,

Sincerest gratitude for the kind words!

Allright then OldSchool, I've got a way you can reciprocate: [emoji2]

Start hitting the like button on any posts you can find by Dan, Der_Echte, NextLevel, ttmonster, Suga D, Shuki and Archie so they can catch up to me. Hahahahaha.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lol. Will do!

P.S. you didn't mention me losing to you 2 straight singkes that night at 2 or 1 in both games lol

Nor did I mention that last time we played I was up 2-0 and then you won the match 3-2. Nor did I tell you that I forced PPH to feed me the same basic side/top serve you kept using on my BH in the match you won to get free points so I could return it better. [emoji2]

Those are secrets so I don't tell anyone that stuff. But in the ride to drop PPH off, I definitely told him that it was your serves that I had him copy so I could get used to them. There are other people who give me that serve and cause me trouble. But yours were what caused me to come up with the game plan to work on returning that particular serve. [emoji2]

Good thing I don't tell anyone any of my secrets. Hahahahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
LOL at secrets... tell no one, your game stagnates, tell everyone and your game improves. It could be as Sun Tzu said, "All warfare is deception." A little misinformation here and there ;)

Although you were up 2 zip and I came back to win 3 to 2 in the previous outing we played, you are too modest to mention that I showed up after you had already trained for 2 hours!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl