Goon Squad assembling in NYC this Saturday PM

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Looks like Der_Echte has a chance to pop into NYC this weekend Sat PM. 9PM approx.

Of course that means the Goon Squad, ahem, Der_Echte, Carl any anyone Carl can ensnare into some TT action at Flushing Korean Club or NYISC is gunna happen. Venue will be which ever one stays open to midnight or later.

Sound off TT warriors and write in your participation in this thread... or if your not going, write in what you want us to do with the Goon Squad that will be outnumbered.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tonight we will play till late, tomorrow I have to wake up on the early side for work. I think we are going to cause some hijinks and trap some goon squad members.

And, guaranteed, there will be an episode that involves the goon squad jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge by the end of the evening.

Photos and as much video footage as we have time to record will be in effect. And if we can get the HD Slow Mo of the goon squad's jump from the Krooklyn Bridge, it will all be posted here for your visual pleasure.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Man, i've really been absent some time.
I totally missed the part where the Ones hunting and trapping Goon Squad members in their septic tank full of sewer rats and makin' them jump off Crooklyn Bridge for no good reason became Goon Squad members themselves...
Oh well... i guess i've been awol too long.
:p

(Just couldn't resist playing the smartazz again)

[Emoji3]

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Evidence of Der_Echte putting something under the hood that will ensure we can slip the goon squad. They will never catch us with that under the hood.

c68aa9e224f10975975074ae6cf59161.jpg

c32bc2326a56ba009a018a0807c2a533.jpg

PS, William almost did a left on Red into oncoming traffic. We were almost road kill with that extra juice under the hood. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We caused big trouble in the big Apple. (NYC) 40n Back Pains had a deadline back and could not play but with with us every minute of the action.

I gave Ming a Nexy Jersey and after he said he liked Elpis, I gave him a sheet. I gave him my 90 percent repaired kjh which he will steal the handles for a project.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We played until 1 AM thank goodness nyisc is open real late... a NYC thing. We all did an hour of practice, Then the real fun of doubles began. Carl had a c pen smasher who could really play, but PP HOLIC true to hiz name came through.

Carl and I teamed up vs the C pennerz and won. Fun all around.

We basically played serious and goofed off the entire midnight session then had a past midnight Chinese dinner.

I will likely meet PP HOLIC again Sunday for some league action at another club.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think we got any match footage from out doubles roundup. But I got Henry to post some footage of OldSchoolPenhold (evil tradition penhold player) and me warming up. When I get it loaded onto YouTube I will post it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: when OldSchoolPenhold and I played Der_Echte and PingPongHolic we played them real tight and better than I would have ever expected. We held our own against those guys and PPHolic is a SERIOUS RPB player.

But it was fun playing shakehand (Der_ + UpSideDown) vs penhold (PPHolic and OSPenhold). And yes, that was also as close as it gets.

I also got to try a Nexy Lissom with a classic Der_ handle mod. It had on Nexy Elpis and Nexy Karas. It felt pretty nice.

Then I tried the CPen Avolox P700 with H3. And a Yinhe Rosewood with H3. Both felt really nice. But I have to say, I still have the feel of the Yinhe Rosewood in my head. That blade has great feel. And I still like the way H3 plays after all these years.

But I was impressed with the Nexy Elpis rubber. It felt like it was half Chinese, half Euro, half tacky with enough catapult. I may get myself a set. It was pretty good rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited: