Is Tenergy 05 a very durable rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I just want to know if tenergy 05 is a very durable rubber? I have heard that the performance of tenergy 05 remains consistent for a longer time compared to esn rubber which come with factory boosting. Moreover, does the topsheet of tenergy 05 remain more grippy than other rubbers for a longer time? Please share your opinions.

Thanks.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yes, by Japanese standard. Think of Armstrong vinyl tiles where you could wear from top to bottom and it looks and feels the same.

ESN has closed the gap in the last decade but still not there yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
but does the performance drop stay consistent unlike boosted esn rubbers?
Yes it is but also depends now your usage and your level of playing. Non pro players who have decent skills can erode a tenergy 05 in a month.

I never had my own T05, but some players in my club (1700-2000 rating) who play a minimum of 5 hrs a week, said that rubber lasts almost a year if you take care of it.

I play with another guy, and his T05 looks completely worn out, but still gives good spin. I am sure he used it over a year. That guy easily plays 6-8 hrs a week.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You can use Tenergy for a long time. The slow slide in performance is way different than ESN rubbers where you can feel a dramatic difference when the boost is gone.

I do happen to lie MXP without the boost effect. But Tenergy is a notch above any of the ESN rubbers in terms of how it lasts and wears if you ask me.

I think Zeio's post sums things up really well. I think that is a great analogy he used.

Think of Armstrong vinyl tiles where you could wear from top to bottom and it looks and feels the same.

ESN has closed the gap in the last decade but still not there yet.

There is no better way to explain that than how Zeio did.