ITTF Developing Kiribati (Inspirational)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015

This video was beautiful.
What else can I say? This is pure passion? This man, deserves more than he has, but the best people come from the worst backgrounds, of everyone - he took the positives of the French taking his land, and leaving the country weak. He made something of himself and gloried in it. I bet most of the people (Including me) would have given up, especially since he didn't have a table of his own.

But on the other hand, the ITTF should give the more - at least an airconditioned hall with more tables. Better rackets and rubbers, player developpment. Without true help, these people will never achieve anything internationally.
If the ITTF truly cared they would have done more than made cool helicopter shots, and instead spent money on giving mmore tables, or at least clothes.
Personally- though you might not agree - I think this was more corporate, in order to advertise themsevlves - and the sport. I do not believe they truly care about these people.
You may ask: What am I doing for them? the answer is nothing. But I'm not trying to benefit from documenting these peoples struggle either. If I had the funds, I might invest to these smaller countries, but I would never try to benefit from peoples struggles.
I know this wasn't table tennis related really, but more of a rant directed towards the ITTF. But i thought it was worth a share given that they posted it.

Last edited: