ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
1708786814129.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Coach Ito has a nice ring to it. I think folks can see her in a new light rather than the one propagated by the media and some forum users.

Congratulations to Hayata on her first time beating CM. Amazing win.

Great experience for Miwa. If she can maintain her quality throughout the entire match, she'll be unstoppable. Great serves on display.

Whoever trained Hirano on BH, you've now been reassigned to Hayata and Miwa. She was unflappable.

Team Japan always has great camaraderie, and it's a real joy to see.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Forhand makes a whole game. Learn how to empower your forhand, youtube videos of Ito Mima earlier edition will make you a beast formidable. Forhand cannon rules the game 🤴👸

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
gg, women of Japan, you really gave it a shot. Sha Sha hard carrying as usual. I'm out of the loop, why no Wang Manyu?
Because there's a sorta internal rule in the CNT that the top three in the world ranking takes precedence in the knockout rounds.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
she is like Ma Long
speed has drop, so it is considered more risky
but both have more experience at crucial stage
but 5 months to go, will the body hold
Yep, Father Time is undefeated. But Ma Long is just playing doubles and last singles if necessary so he should be fine.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Zeio,

WTTTC2024, this 1 edition, did CNT womens team loose more matches here than the previous 20 years added together?
Off the top of my head, this one tops it. 4 matches in total, 2 in the first round of group and 2 in the final.

I think they lost 3 matches at WTTC 2018. Zhu Yuling almost lost to Doo Hoi Kem.

WTTC 2018
Grp Wang Manyu 1-3 Feng Tianwei
SF Ding Ning 0-3 Soo Wai Yam
F Liu Shiwen 2-3 Ito

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Miwa could have beaten the WYD that clumsily lost 0-3 to Kihara recently.
Miu was ready to join the echelon of players that defeated 2 CNT stalwarts in a team match.
Alas, the young shall be pressured.

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
WYD has gained an even greater advantage over WMY in their internal ranking points by being fielded for the knockouts. Woohoo!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The match tomorrow in my opinion depends on Alexis actually or whoever is slated to play the possible 5th match for France (which has usually been Alexis).

Lim Jonghoon played decently but ultimately couldn't win either of his matches.
Miwa played decently in the 2nd but lost both of her matches.
In the matches against Korea and Japan, China's number 3 player lost both matches, so let's say lady luck wants a hatrick; and Gauzy befuddles ML tomorrow.
The chance of Felix winning 2 matches is very low. Only 4 players have done that in history. So the Onus is on Alexis winning just one of his match, He has to win one for France to have a chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
as niche as Norwegian skiing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But let's say it is everywhere as you say. What's wrong with talking about exactly how it's happening while we're in a forum devoted to talking about things like this?
You could as well be discussing that the sky is blue. It's interesting and all that, but. To me what T's"china bad"TT is doing is trying to belittle these enormously dedicated players from CNT. I tried to point out earlier that staying on top for so many years and being literally under the microscope of all other teams is no joke and these little tricks can merely compensate for this. And there are guys saying: "Meh, it's just because the sky is blue for chinese others were not given enough balls in South Africa". And in Houston? And in Budapest?

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
WYD has gained an even greater advantage over WMY in their internal ranking points by being fielded for the knockouts. Woohoo!
The coaching team are just falling over themselves in trying to erect this new "fair" and "transparent" scheme.

Maybe they'll rediscover their sense of covering for all variables and just strong arm the selection for the Olympics.

Because their recent experiments (the internal ranking points, the Asian Games, now this WTTC 2024) hasn't looked like their usual conservative leanings.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness and Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Alexis is the 2‐time defending/current national champion. He is also the second highest ranked player for the country. I understand why people feel down on him, but he has legitimately earned his spot. He has beaten 2 current CNT first team members in tour matches. Such players, it is better to work through their issues, whatever it may be because the ceiling is higher, especially playing at home.
This is always a problem when kids are super stars at home and no more grown ups to boss them around. I mean, who is there to boss him?

Alexis is very talented, but he is his biggest weakness, so I hope he seeks professional help himself as it isn't the first and won't be the last that his mental breakdown happens.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Here comes the question again, is the dominance of china in table tennis fading? It has never happened before in this century that china won 3:2 twice in like five hours and both wins were coming back wins from 1:2 down. With no promising young players and senior members getting older, will China still dominate in the coming ten years?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The match tomorrow in my opinion depends on Alexis actually or whoever is slated to play the possible 5th match for France (which has usually been Alexis).

Lim Jonghoon played decently but ultimately couldn't win either of his matches.
Miwa played decently in the 2nd but lost both of her matches.
In the matches against Korea and Japan, China's number 3 player lost both matches, so let's say lady luck wants a hatrick; and Gauzy befuddles ML tomorrow.
The chance of Felix winning 2 matches is very low. Only 4 players have done that in history. So the Onus is on Alexis winning just one of his match, He has to win one for France to have a chance.
I think the match first and foremost even lies on Felix beating Wang. If that happens, I actually think he can beat FZD. Whoever can give one more win will be the hero. But if Felix doesn't beat Wang, the momentum will be impossible to break.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could as well be discussing that the sky is blue. It's interesting and all that, but. To me what T's"china bad"TT is doing is trying to belittle these enormously dedicated players from CNT.
who is belittling who and saying the CNT players are not dedicated?

Even CNT players know themselves they are the most spoiled TT players on this planet.
There is not even another team model like CNT where it is team centric and you have everyone hired to make you win.
Not even Japan or Germany is close, so they are all "club models" and not "national model".
so yeah, no one can blame CNT for choosing the national model, because they have gov laws and policy that allow it to succeed, but not to talk about that, but to talk about ITTF allowing CNT or CTTA but not allowing the rest, is not the players but rather the way things are going behind the scene between the TT politians.
Did you read that article about the triangle?

. And there are guys saying: "Meh, it's just because the sky is blue for chinese others were not given enough balls in South Africa". And in Houston? And in Budapest?
Lets take Japan as an example, since they did so well today.

In Durban, China arrive 1 week earlier than Japan, and left the airport at around 5pm and went straight to a hall that "non CNT" set up for them.
meanwhile, JNT arrives a week later, goes to hotel, next morning goes to the official hall that is open for everyone. Just like everyone else - who have an even head start. If you arrive late, that is your problem, if you arrive early, you must wait.

Now, if you even know any professional player, they will tell you, how important 1 extra day is. Especially from long hail flights (Japan is longer)
performance alters by preparation, and some times having that special advantage does help and i'm wonder what happens when CNT doesn't have those special advantages and rather everyone else have instead.

Honest question:
1) does it affect player confident like many do, when using the match table for the first time?
2) or not used to the glare and lighting on T1
All these are true feedback from players themselve when I ask them how is the new table, or how is it feel like on the new WTT table 1 when it becomes a disco during time outs.

Maybe someone can share how wrong I am with Busan or Houstan. Any one here connected with Korea or USA TT circles that knows which date CNT arrived and when the official training hall opens?

Chengdu had "covid" so won't talk about the 3 week build up they had at the official venue, while everyone was in quaratine to board that special charted flight.

CNT players does work hard, and i'm not taking that away from them