Jang Woo-jin using hurricane 3 national blue sponge???

This user has no status.
Well i don't think Korea makes any decent rubbers. Xiom is ESN i believe. Makes sense that a professional uses the best.
Coming from Indonesia, where being racist is not the same as being a jerk, I cant find any bad intention in what he say. Some People do being ignited faster.

Anyway,

Quicky,

After German, China, and Japan, which other country have table tennis rubber factories? :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Coming from Indonesia, where being racist is not the same as being a jerk, I cant find any bad intention in what he say. Some People do being ignited faster.

Anyway,

Quicky,

After German, China, and Japan, which other country have table tennis rubber factories? :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

That because most indonesians are just racist in the first place, especially the uneducated ones

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Come on guys , knock it off !!! Not all uneducated people are racist and not all educated people are enlightened ... in every country .... this is not the thread or the forum to discuss these things , so please keep your preoccupations and preconceived notions about all things non-table tennis out of this forum .... hate to see this kind of thread hijacking ... we are supposed to be a bunch of table tennis fans not fanatics ... just going nuts about any little reason we can get over here ... !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If I'm not mistaken, it looks to me that Jeong Youngsik, Jeong Sangeun, and Kim Minseok all use Butterfly Korbel. I guess Jang Woojin is an EJ.

Hahaha :)
Why not? He wouldn't be the first pro that's got biten by the EJ Bug.
[EMOJI2]

shining Dragon (yasaka)??:rolleyes:

Could also be possible. Does it have the same sponge colour as H3?
I'm asking 'cause the sponge colours of Bluefire and of Soulspin P16st are different to H3.
Bluefire ist a bit lighter and P16ST is a bit darker.

Come on guys , knock it off !!! Not all uneducated people are racist and not all educated people are enlightened ... in every country .... this is not the thread or the forum to discuss these things , so please keep your preoccupations and preconceived notions about all things non-table tennis out of this forum .... hate to see this kind of thread hijacking ... we are supposed to be a bunch of table tennis fans not fanatics ... just going nuts about any little reason we can get over here ... !

Finally! Thanks monster.
[Emoji106]

Reactions: ttmonster and BeGo
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
As an outsider to page 1's incident, I feel the need to defend James. All he did was offer his view, which perhaps was not a very educated one. He did say "I think", after all.

Denny, I don't understand why you feel the need to personally insult someone and put words into their mouth because their view of your country's capabilities isn't correct. That's called ignorance: it doesn't come from bad intentions.

1. The convo on this BETWEEN MYSELF AND JAMES(meaning it is none of your business) is over.

2. How did I insult him? Did I call him a racist? Could you please tell me how? Is there any word in the previous sentences I wrote that insults him? Is it insulting for him just because I said I don't feel particularly happy with his first sentence? Is it that wrong to say we should all be careful with our words especially when mentioning countrys' names?

3. James knows why I wasn't happy and I now know he wasn't trying to be offending. So what is the matter now apart from you having decided to comment further on someone else's convo that is now done and is none of your business?

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
says what [IMG]
Denny, instead of educating James, you told him to watch his tongue and insisted that people watch their tongue as well. You spoke for the entire S.Korean community here at TTD and implied that James' behavior could be insulting towards them. You also did not think that people should be allowed to offend anyone at all to any extent when expressing opinions.

This is somewhat anti-intellectual, anti-truth in my view. This is my issue. Instead of allowing people to say foolish and/or untrue things and be educated, you don't want anyone to say anything that could be deemed offensive. You understood that James meant no harm and he is indeed a fan of Asian table tennis, but you still insist that he censors himself. Just because you got offended.

sanavasaraja argued against you and claimed that you were being overly sensitive, and stated why they feel that way. You then proceeded to refer to their intelligence with sarcastic remarks and distorted James' argument to something that it never was.

I understand getting upset by sanavasaraja's argument and you're free to argue back, but James has nothing to do with it. There is really no need to distort his original statement and provoke him into defending himself because you didn't like what someone else said!

Your original reply was okay, but why did you need to continue it like you did?

The one thing we can perhaps all agree on is that James did not go about his original statement with a lot of sensitivity, and there would have been no misunderstanding if he would have. I think that was your original point. I just feel that it escalated into finger pointing and demands of respect and censorship of uncomfortable views.

In the end, someone saying something foolish about your country says more about the person saying it than about your country, doesn't it?

You should have sent a PM to James if you don't want other people to express their opinions of the convo you had with James and other people. By making your post public, you're allowing any member to challenge anything you say, and you can't just demand that the talking stops when you don't like it anymore.

Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
Denny, instead of educating James, you told him to watch his tongue and insisted that people watch their tongue as well. You spoke for the entire S.Korean community here at TTD and implied that James' behavior could be insulting towards them. You also did not think that people should be allowed to offend anyone at all to any extent when expressing opinions.

This is somewhat anti-intellectual, anti-truth in my view. This is my issue. Instead of allowing people to say foolish and/or untrue things and be educated, you don't want anyone to say anything that could be deemed offensive. You understood that James meant no harm and he is indeed a fan of Asian table tennis, but you still insist that he censors himself. Just because you got offended.

sanavasaraja argued against you and claimed that you were being overly sensitive, and stated why they feel that way. You then proceeded to refer to their intelligence with sarcastic remarks and distorted James' argument to something that it never was.

I understand getting upset by sanavasaraja's argument and you're free to argue back, but James has nothing to do with it. There is really no need to distort his original statement and provoke him into defending himself because you didn't like what someone else said!

Your original reply was okay, but why did you need to continue it like you did?

The one thing we can perhaps all agree on is that James did not go about his original statement with a lot of sensitivity, and there would have been no misunderstanding if he would have. I think that was your original point. I just feel that it escalated into finger pointing and demands of respect and censorship of uncomfortable views.

In the end, someone saying something foolish about your country says more about the person saying it than about your country, doesn't it?

You should have sent a PM to James if you don't want other people to express their opinions of the convo you had with James and other people. By making your post public, you're allowing any member to challenge anything you say, and you can't just demand that the talking stops when you don't like it anymore.

Enough is enough! I said it is all done and you keep holding the grudge for something that is none of your business. Yes, I am the wrong one, happy? James is happy to end this, so am I. Why not you. Period.

Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
One more off-topic post and we should close this thread.

Apologies to all for any inconvenience caused due to my posts. I just couldn't stay mute when someone talks rubbish with my country's name in their sentence. There will be NO MORE of this unless some people out there decide to hold a gruge for what is done and is none of their business(you know who you are). I appreciate your understanding towards my actions.

What a shame that some people are just uncapable of considering how being in my position would feel like before saying things and judging me. It's just how the nature of some people are unfortunately.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hahaha :)
Why not? He wouldn't be the first pro that's got biten by the EJ Bug.
[EMOJI2]

Could also be possible. Does it have the same sponge colour as H3?
I'm asking 'cause the sponge colours of Bluefire and of Soulspin P16st are different to H3.
Bluefire ist a bit lighter and P16ST is a bit darker.

Finally! Thanks monster.
[Emoji106]
colour is same

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
....I heard from a top player(he's a friend of mine) told me that DHS sponsorship is eligible for those who are ranked in top 20 in the world.

Are you sure this is accurate? That would mean Jang Woo-Jin would have paid for his rubbers, since he´s No#48 and not in top 20, and that´s quite hard for me to believe. But maybe he´s funded by someone.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Are you sure this is accurate? That would mean Jang Woo-Jin would have paid for his rubbers, since he´s No#48 and not in top 20, and that´s quite hard for me to believe. But maybe he´s funded by someone.

I think I must add here, as it could be some translation or interpretation error

DHS makes "customs" equipment to a selective few - we know it as "personal rubber"
DHS sponsors the national team (A team and B team) and provincial team with "special" rubbers (and blades for that matter)

Either the player (selective few) places orders, or the team places orders.
The selective few is also considered your "DHS" billboard players, but like ZJK, he is a Butterfly player that uses DHS personal rubber. But Butterfly has his advertising rights, thus DHS can't use him. So is ZJK sponsored by DHS - no, but he gets free personal rubbers.

Your team players that uses the normal "special" rubbers, do not pay for the rubber.

So I think there is a interpretation error on the word "sponsored" in Denny's comment.
Imo, team is already sponsored.
I think Denny's friend is referring to the selective few.
Obviously with branding rights, also comes perks (monetary), but in our context of this thread, it is about the "special" rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I think I must add here, as it could be some translation or interpretation error

DHS makes "customs" equipment to a selective few - we know it as "personal rubber"
DHS sponsors the national team (A team and B team) and provincial team with "special" rubbers (and blades for that matter)

Either the player (selective few) places orders, or the team places orders.
The selective few is also considered your "DHS" billboard players, but like ZJK, he is a Butterfly player that uses DHS personal rubber. But Butterfly has his advertising rights, thus DHS can't use him. So is ZJK sponsored by DHS - no, but he gets free personal rubbers.

Your team players that uses the normal "special" rubbers, do not pay for the rubber.

So I think there is a interpretation error on the word "sponsored" in Denny's comment.
Imo, team is already sponsored.
I think Denny's friend is referring to the selective few.
Obviously with branding rights, also comes perks (monetary), but in our context of this thread, it is about the "special" rubber.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarification.
[Emoji106]

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews

It's something that I heard from him so... It's impossible that he is wrong since he is a top player...(Not gonna name him) That's quite interesting tho. Personally, I think Woo Jin is at the level that is a hec lot higher than enough to be sponsored by DHS for sure without question lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That makes sense. Thanks for clarification.
[Emoji106]

All good. I unfortunately can't comment on how DHS operates with international players from other countries - in terms of sponsorship.
I do know that there are international players getting "special" rubbers from national team/provincial team.

We also need to know there are many Koreans, Japanese and other international players playing in the Chinese leagues, not just Super, but also Jia A and such.
It is not impossible for one to get a good supply of these special rubbers, especially if you have connections with the teams (clubs or provincial base)

I for example, can get these rubbers, but I don't do so. And I don't play any more, don't need a special rubber for feeding multiballs. With normal rubbers I am already in trouble for attempted murders :cool: