Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone Else (Tell us below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wow, Ma Long lost. Like I said when he lost to Koki at the Asian, other pros will stand up and take note how Koki beat him. And now, Lee Sang Sun did exactly what Koki did. Amazing results for Lee, and a great scalp.:)

yes, you're right! and this scalp made me lose the competition here on the forum x)
nevertheless, lee did a great job! very good game!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-qf) LEE Sang Su - CHAN Kazuhiro [Full Match|Short Form]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
yeah, i mean when you are at the top of a sport, motivation is the biggest factor. For Ma Long who is very introverted, it probably felt awful that he wasn't picked for singles in the olympics. Because of it, I doubt his motivation has been the same and thus his training also hasn't been the same.

I also feel like Ma Long just needs more work with his short game. Too many times in his match against Koki and Sang Su, he was merely reacting to them attacking. Usually it isn't a problem, because against average players their attacks are high enough level that he can't counter loop, but against good players, it causes him trouble. We already know that Ma Long's offense his second to none. If he could only improve his serve and short game so that he is the first to attack more often, he would be even more unstoppable.

In his game against Lee Sang Su, his serves were also horrible. Lee was flipping them back easy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-qf) WANG Hao - MA Lin [Full Match|Short Form]

(ws-qf) HIRANO Sayaka - LI Xiaoxia [Full Match/Chinese]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow, Ma Long lost. Like I said when he lost to Koki at the Asian, other pros will stand up and take note how Koki beat him. And now, Lee Sang Sun did exactly what Koki did. Amazing results for Lee, and a great scalp.:)

I actually don't think this was what Koki did to him. Ma Long is pushing with his forehand, and when it comes back underspin he is pushing a second time. He also missed more third ball attacks with his forehand than he made. He really played pretty badly. And you can see that Lee Sang Su is not very good. He is awkward. But Ma Long was out of sorts and just kept trying to push till Lee Sang Su attacked. Once they were in the rallies Ma Long still was not playing well. :) So his short game, his serves, his third ball attacks, his backhands and his mid-distance looping were all off. But his serves were really bad and way too high. He was definitely not in sync.