Limba Limba outer ply + rubber suggestion needed

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hello TTD members,

I am looking for a ALL+ to OFF- blade which has dual limba outer plies for spin oriented game.

I am a two winged offensive looper and play 1-2 steps away from table focusing on side/top spin and cornered ball placement.

I currently play with Freitas ALC + MXP on both sides and after playing for 4 months, I got a feedback from local seniors and also felt myself, to use a slower blade and slower rubber to get most spin out of my game.

Spare blades available with me:
- feel zx3 (too stiff)
- clipper wood (feels dead, handle discomfort)
- arctic wood (vibrates too much)
- septear (perfect but, handle discomfort)
- custom w968 from Alan Brown (not tried yet)
- feel zx1 (very stiff)

I tried an old adidas c300 and loved it, not sure if I buy new will work the same

Considering the below blades after some research:
- INNERFORCE LAYER ALC.S
- KORBEL JP
- TSP SWAT
- TSP EURO FEELING OFF-
- TSP EURO ALL ROUND
- OSP VIRTUOSO OFF-

Rubbers researched:

- Omega VII euro (tried on C300 and liked it)
- Rasanter R42
- ITC powercell ultra 45
- Sriver G3 fx
- Tackifire Drive
- Rhyzer 43 (tried on clipper)

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just so you know, in the shift to something slower, it is not an easy transition psychologically. People who are addicted to speed and don't realize a racket is too fast for them, or who at one point were like that, don't realize that in switching down, for a few weeks it is hard not to think that what you are using is too slow and you can't get enough pace and power from the racket. That is actually in part that you have gotten used to taking your power from the blade and not using your own strength as much. And it is also in part because a faster blade like that allows you to not have precise contact and still get powerful shots. Whereas, when you are using a slower racket, you have to be much more precise with your contact and you have to time the pop from your hips precisely as well. So, the slower racket will actually force you to improve the technique of your stroke. But at first it is hard for the ego to take the loss of power.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Just so you know, in the shift to something slower, it is not an easy transition psychologically. People who are addicted to speed and don't realize a racket is too fast for them, or who at one point were like that, don't realize that in switching down, for a few weeks it is hard not to think that what you are using is too slow and you can't get enough pace and power from the racket. That is actually in part that you have gotten used to taking your power from the blade and not using your own strength as much. And it is also in part because a faster blade like that allows you to not have precise contact and still get powerful shots. Whereas, when you are using a slower racket, you have to be much more precise with your contact and you have to time the pop from your hips precisely as well. So, the slower racket will actually force you to improve the technique of your stroke. But at first it is hard for the ego to take the loss of power.

Thank you for such a beautiful explanation. I am doing this to improve my strokes.
I think it is the right decision I’ve taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you for such a beautiful explanation. I am doing this to improve my strokes.
I think it is the right decision I’ve taken

I totally agree. It is a great decision. And for many people a hard decision. But it will help you improve your technique faster. And that is well worth it. And it will also help you develop higher level technique because to get to higher level technique, you have to have that precision in the contact and in timing the hips.

If you use the All+/Off- blade for 6 months and then you try your Freitas blade, you will be able to control it better. But you will also be able to feel some of why it is too fast for you. And what you loose with the faster blade.

I am interested to hear how things go when you decide on a setup and start using it.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Often, I break my OFF- or OFF main blade and "Gear Down" to the ALL+ Lissom or the Galaxy 896 in my Der_Echte SPecial.

I will play this kind of setup for 1-3 months and I always grow my game in useful ways.

It is a good idea to gear down for a spell and get back to your normal equipment if it was appropriate.