Ma Long/Zhang Jike Serve!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Disrespectful comment i see. Could you please post a pic of yours and let us see how handsome you are..
lol

The commentator Liu was assigned to talk because of his knowledge wisdom.. now if you are thinking deep you wouldnt comment like that.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
can your'll quit the bickering pleease!

He is a very disrespectful person, maybe even a troll.
I recall a few threads where there is troll like behaviour.

What goes around, comes around, it is called Karma.

I just hope people can all be civil as this is an international community.
If he doesn't like something here, he can keep quiet about it, no need to attack any one.
I respect Professor Liu, so I will defend him!

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Disrespectful comment i see. Could you please post a pic of yours and let us see how handsome you are..
lol

The commentator Liu was assigned to talk because of his knowledge wisdom.. now if you are thinking deep you wouldnt comment like that.

The other tread, he talks about posting video
I like to see videos too

I will send his video to TT players at Bejing Sports University, and ask them all to have a good laugh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yah that is a great idea Tony hahaha! I would love to see a video too buddy

Yeah, anyways, let not let this troll with his negative sentiment destroy this thread.

In the video, it is really talking about basic fundementals, and just using ML and ZJK

ML part was talking about weight transfer, from how he toss the ball to contact point.
ZJK part was more a forearm and very late wrist movement - compared to "earlier in the video" of FZD and ZYL (Zhu Yuling)

I think its easy to understand so no need for subtitles.

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
He is a very disrespectful person, maybe even a troll.
I recall a few threads where there is troll like behaviour.

What goes around, comes around, it is called Karma.

I just hope people can all be civil as this is an international community.
If he doesn't like something here, he can keep quiet about it, no need to attack any one.
I respect Professor Liu, so I will defend him!

Very valid argument Tony.

Im sure this forum was created for the betterment of the table tennis community and not for the bringing down of well experienced, respectable and knowledgeable people.

Because of your last sentence,i am willing to take back my opinion,and let you teach the person who has no respect a lesson!

IMO,Squareball is being very racist towards Professor Liu

Reactions: akonebrahim
Will take into consideration your thoughts about my opinion guys since i respect it as much as i do this knowledgable person(you can't be all wrong ). Will try to check back my bibliography on the topic discuss with professor and maybe some friends and will come back to you with a conclusion whether I apologise about being offensive or just deffend my point of view with stronger arguments and evidence .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This what I was suspecting Tony, a 19 year old cocky kid. Dude, grow up and hope , pray and wish that you will understand what Tony is trying to tell you.

There is no ugly or beautiful "face" , "skin color" or "race" . Its just what have been fed to mind through media and people around you , from when you were a baby that creates these perceptions and perceived connoisseurs of "Beauty" . We all have these perceptions, but as you grow and mature you will realize how big a handicap such notions are. Haven't you heard about "don't judge a book by its cover" . Learn to "know" people and actually know them, make friends with people from all over the world , you will realize when you invite into your life people that don't look or behave the same way you do, you yourself will challenge your preconceived assumptions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This what I was suspecting Tony, a 19 year old cocky kid. Dude, grow up and hope , pray and wish that you will understand what Tony is trying to tell you.

There is no ugly or beautiful "face" , "skin color" or "race" . Its just what have been fed to mind through media and people around you , from when you were a baby that creates these perceptions and perceived connoisseurs of "Beauty" . We all have these perceptions, but as you grow and mature you will realize how big a handicap such notions are. Haven't you heard about "don't judge a book by its cover" . Learn to "know" people and actually know them, make friends with people from all over the world , you will realize when you invite into your life people that don't look or behave the same way you do, you yourself will challenge your preconceived assumptions.

And he still thinks the problem is me.
Hopeless kid.

I guess you will only learn once it becomes a major problem in life.
Some kids just think they are greater than others, and that was my first suspiction after his first post.
I did try to be civil and kind. But I see that it is no use.

I came across many parents who would blame the floor, the door, the table when they young child bang its head on it. And other types of parents will blame the kid. I guess the first example will lead the child getting taught/spoiled that it is always other people's fault. IMO that is really bad for the kid.

Anyways, I've been working (coaching) with kids for the past 2 years, age from 6 to 20 something.
Before that I was managing a team of young adults (19 to 25) for over 6 years.
I am shocked how some kids are nowadays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
And he still thinks the problem is me.
Hopeless kid.

I guess you will only learn once it becomes a major problem in life.a
Some kids just think they are greater than others, and that was my first suspiction after his first post.
I did try to be civil and kind. But I see that it is no use.

I came across many parents who would blame the floor, the door, the table when they young child bang its head on it. And other types of parents will blame the kid. I guess the first example will lead the child getting taught/spoiled that it is always other people's fault. IMO that is really bad for the kid.

Anyways, I've been working (coaching) with kids for the past 2 years, age from 6 to 20 something.
Before that I was managing a team of young adults (19 to 25) for over 6 years.
I am shocked how some kids are nowadays.

True, Tony. To add to your example I was in the office swimming pool today and two girls ( its family day on sundays ) were getting into the pool . The coach cum life guard told them to first get a shower. The mom told them to ignore. Then after a while the mom comes up to the coach and says that to save time I get the showered at home. My girls can pretty much do everything but cannot flip, can you please teach them to flip ? I was shocked at the attitude and parenting !!! So in a way Tony, you just can't blame the generation , we all have to take the blame along with their parents. Somewhere down the line we are just teaching the kids to compete and win , but not teaching the basic values, grace and modesty.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Squareball,

Let me give you last friendly word of advice.

Lets say you are innocent from all these "assumptions", then you should
1) ask yourself, what make so many people think you are something that you are not - what did you do?
2) that your words didn't mean that, but why people think otherwise - what did you say?
So if your thought is different to all this, then you should reconsider using certain ways to express things.

This is at a day, a multicultural society. People dont' know your humour or your jokes.
So lease thing you want to do is to show anything that will lead to bullying or being offensive.

It is not my position to teach you anything, I am not your parents or asked by your parents.
As I said, I am just defending a very respectable table tennis person.

I'm sure if someone comes and say how ugly your hero is, or some one who you respect. You will do the same thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
True, Tony. To add to your example I was in the office swimming pool today and two girls ( its family day on sundays ) were getting into the pool . The coach cum life guard told them to first get a shower. The mom told them to ignore. Then after a while the mom comes up to the coach and says that to save time I get the showered at home. My girls can pretty much do everything but cannot flip, can you please teach them to flip ? I was shocked at the attitude and parenting !!! So in a way Tony, you just can't blame the generation , we all have to take the blame along with their parents. Somewhere down the line we are just teaching the kids to compete and win , but not teaching the basic values, grace and modesty.

True, I find parents the biggest challenge nowadays.
I recall seeing a parent offering his son a decent price money for winning the tournament.
The pressure that a 11 or 12 year old had was crazy.
Obviously he didn't win, I don't even want to imagine what happened afterwards.

That kid just started playing table tennis and was push to win a national title.
A coaching colleague of mine told me all this. He was approached by the parent and demanded that "I would pay you what it takes, I want you to make my son win the title this year". Tournament was less than a year away.
The coach obviously rejected the parent and ask him to go find other coaches.
The kid lost in the early rounds too
Incredible :(

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hope you guys dont mind if i butt in..whew! if this arrogant 19 yr old kid is my son and he be speaking to other people that way, am gonna give you one hell of a lesson you wouldnt forget.. yes Tony you are right younger generations are growing stupid with the attitude.