New league season – what’s your goal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
So far in my league I played 9-3 which is pretty good for me. I played 2 times as a substitute in a league higher, played 0-2 which was expected. Yesterday I played in a tourney and that didn't go well at all, but I learned that you should not swap equipment 2 days before a tournament. Now back to my old stuff and will try another tournament again next week. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Tuesday - best match of us I can remember!
Very tight, very close, intensive with so many great matches!
We play best of 18 (so 9:9 is a tie) and we were down 5:7, then 7:7 and down 7:8 to finally win 10:8 !
Very cool and we were happy to win.
Despite of me keeping my 25%, only winning one single match.. (the last one at 9:8).
I have it all recorded and I am happy to have it, was very good !
I have doubles game uploaded so far, but I recorded all the matches I think.
So I am very happy to share, if you like it..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oki, I got some more videos to share..

Our league and also our highest league matches.. so first our league:

First matches after doubles:

next rounds:

My match against their no 3 player:

At the further table fight of our no. 1 player with their no. 1, at closer table our no. 2 vs. their no.4 and then 3 vs. 3:

At this point it was 7:8 we were losing.
At the table in the back our no. 1 vs. their no.2 . At the table closer our no. 2 vs. their no. 1.
And then me as no 4 vs. their no. 4 at 9:8 for us..

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
And I got few more videos from our highest extra league..
There is Luka Fučec playing, he is from Serbia or Croatia or where, I am not sure..
This is much higher quality than our 4th league, lol..
So first the doubles:

And then singles matches:

I have more matches recorded, but I have slow upload speed :D

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Had my forth league match today. We won 10:0 again... this leaves me with a 12:0 ratio so far. But wasn't much of a challenge as I mostly just played with the opponent as they made almost all of the mistakes and a simple topspin would be enough in most cases. Thats why i struggle so much against better players to topspin the second and third blockball... I really need to find training partner that can block back a topspin :D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yesterday finally I captured a nice win!
I managed to beat no. 4 in our league. With my just 25% it is a huge success!
Too bad we still lost 13:5..
They have one player that has 100% in 2 higher leagues, so that was like he scores 5 points everytime.

This user has no status.
Had my forth league match today. We won 10:0 again... this leaves me with a 12:0 ratio so far. But wasn't much of a challenge as I mostly just played with the opponent as they made almost all of the mistakes and a simple topspin would be enough in most cases. Thats why i struggle so much against better players to topspin the second and third blockball... I really need to find training partner that can block back a topspin :D
Surely there are people in your club of a higher level that can block some topspins for you? I'm sure the higher level players would be happy to work on drills as well, i know in our club certainly everyone tries when possible to help....sadly my league season looks over before its really started... we've assured our promotion back to league 2 with 2 matches left, but looks like I'll miss at least a month or more as my knee is currently the size of a small planet... what does not kill you makes u stronger etc..if i don't get to play again this year at least my stats are nicely padded after my time in 3rd league [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Sounds like you’re headed for promotion to a higher league. If you keep doing that, you’re bound to run into opponents that can handle your first opening. And you’ll struggle for a while and then grow into that.

Are you about par with your team mates? If they’re not able to block your spin, they’ll have to learn anyway. So there’s plenty to gain for all in doing basic spin/block drills. First with fixed placement, then fixed patterns, then random placement.

When getting decent consistency, play with rhythm and spin variations — and vary the block also. Aggressive blocks, “soft hands” pacekillers, everything inbetween.

And at some point incorporate coming into the ball, close to the table, to go in for the kill. Both with an aggressive counter and a kill loop.

You’ll get there. It takes time, practice, and gameplay experience with opponents forcing you to up your game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Had my fifth league match today. We won 10:0. However, this time it was harder than before, three matches were decided in the fifth game.

I stand 15:0 in the league now. I tried to do some cool combination in today's matches. Longline backhand open up followed up by a forehand rip into their wide forehand. It worked quiet okay except for the game I had to go the full distance in... I ended up pushing and topspinning veeery safely in that one, a real nail biter on super low niveau :p

How have you been doing?

@Coddlesangers

How does the league system work in avvf? Have you already played both the home and away matches? And can you promote after half the season?

In the mttv we can only get promoted after a whole season. We have a group of 8 teams we played 5 matches so far, two more to go for this round.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Had my fifth league match today. We won 10:0. However, this time it was harder than before, three matches were decided in the fifth game.

I stand 15:0 in the league now. I tried to do some cool combination in today's matches. Longline backhand open up followed up by a forehand rip into their wide forehand. It worked quiet okay except for the game I had to go the full distance in... I ended up pushing and topspinning veeery safely in that one, a real nail biter on super low niveau :p

How have you been doing?

@Coddlesangers

How does the league system work in avvf? Have you already played both the home and away matches? And can you promote after half the season?

In the mttv we can only get promoted after a whole season. We have a group of 8 teams we played 5 matches so far, two more to go for this round.
For the last two years avvf has split the league into 2 seasons in 1 with a mid season promtion regulation split and smaller groups (6 teams per group) to make this work. Its a great system now, keeps every team with something to play for. We've already played 9 matches, just 1 left against the 2nd ranked team....i can't match your 15-0 record though, that sounds like you need to play up a league!

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
For the last two years avvf has split the league into 2 seasons in 1 with a mid season promtion regulation split and smaller groups (6 teams per group) to make this work. Its a great system now, keeps every team with something to play for. We've already played 9 matches, just 1 left against the 2nd ranked team....i can't match your 15-0 record though, that sounds like you need to play up a league!

I saw one of your team is 20:1 :D not bad either!

Jea we are fighting for the promotion... However, we will stay in this league until next season. So i quiet like your system!

Reactions: coddlesangers
This user has no status.
I saw one of your team is 20:1 :D not bad either!

Jea we are fighting for the promotion... However, we will stay in this league until next season. So i quiet like your system!

Ya, the 20-1 guy is doing ok :D
But since he can't play maybe for 2 more weeks, he could get beaten for the top spot by 1 of his team mates....just about. Injury is a pain! Anyway best of luck with the 2nd round....I'm now just hoping to get fit in time for Division 2....I cross my fingers and knees and hamstrings...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Ya, the 20-1 guy is doing ok :D
But since he can't play maybe for 2 more weeks, he could get beaten for the top spot by 1 of his team mates....just about. Injury is a pain! Anyway best of luck with the 2nd round....I'm now just hoping to get fit in time for Division 2....I cross my fingers and knees and hamstrings...

Haha jea :) Hope you get better soon! And thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
This week we played to second best team in the league.
We were expected to lose and we did.. although I got just 28% of winning success.. when I met 2.nd best player in the entire league, I managed to win 2 games and I was 2:1 in front and 4:0, before I eventualy lost.
He somehow found some ways to beat me and in one certain point with a net quote that broke me and changed whole match feel.. I was too stupid not to take time out at that time.. too bad..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Sixth 10:0 win in a row :D

This time i faced a dreaded opponent of mine. He beat me in the regional tournament last year. Maybe you can remember, he is the pusher I struggled with so much, as he pushed with lots of backspin and good placement.

Today I lost the first set 12:14 trying to rip everything and making lots of errors. A team mate then told me to take out the spin out of my pushes and to serve with less spin.

That's what i did and I could not believe how many errors he made and easy it was to attack the easy balls. I won the next three sets 11:1 11:3 and 11:4...

Its just crazy how much tactical thinking can help your game! I really need to work on this aspect. I think I mostly have problems playing against certain players, because I keep playing into their strengths without thinking...

Very content at 18:0 so far :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well I have 10:22 so far, with many unlucky matches I should win..
So with my only 31% I hope to get my win ratio better!
Tomorrow we got very important match against one of the two teams that are under us in the rankings.
(the better one).
We really need to win this one, I am feeling very good so far, so I hope we will make it!

Reactions: Suga D