New rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
... because I truly dislike pretty much every rubber from Stiga I have tried.

I felt the same way when i bought the Neos Tacky 3 years ago. Where was the tack? I felt cheated. My teammate's 10 year old Anti's got more tack.

But you really are making more of this process than needs to be.

You are looking at a lot of good and serviceable rubbers. Any of them will be really good for you.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

LULZ :D

If you just can't make up your mind, the following might help:

I don't know how shops do in the UK, but in Germany you can also get test cases. Basic kits would contain 2 blades and 5 rubbers. Expert kits like 5 blades and 10 rubbers. But you have to send them back within a couple of weeks).

Maybe there are shops in the UK that do this at well. But if not you could ask one of the two bigger german stores (schoeler&micke.de or sport-schreiner.de or maybe even contra.de) if they gonna send their stuff across the channel.
EDIT: just found out, they don't. Maybe teesports then.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know upside but I keep on finding more rubbers which make me wonder. But soon I will buy the rubbers and it will stop.

Well, as long as you know that the market for TT rubbers--at least to some extent--exists to make you wonder which one will be best for you.

For FH, you are primarily looking at ESN rubbers. As has already been said, they are all made in the same factory. They are not all exactly the same. But they are not all that different from each other and any of them will be good and your technique will adjust to whichever rubber you end up choosing. That last statement is the most important one and NextLevel has already made it pretty clearly. Your technique will adjust to the new rubber and it will be good!!!!

You are also looking at Stiga rubbers for BH and I personally think that may be a mistake. But, hey, your technique will adjust to that as well and it will end up working for you.

The reason I don't like most of the Stiga rubbers I have tried has to do with the speed to spin ratio; and what you have is what, to me, feels like a fast, bouncy sponge and a topsheet that does not grab the ball that well. I don't know, perhaps that could be good with the poly ball. But I like rubbers that grab and spin the ball better.

Since everyone likes different things though, and no matter what you use you adjust your technique and get used to it. So if I just was forced to use them I may end up liking them. And there are other people who may start off liking the high speed to spin ratio. But to me a lot of speed with not much spin = high risk and little control.

The Astro may be different. It has been years since I have bothered paying attention to a rubber from Stiga so I really don't know much about the Astro. But I always like something close on BH to FH. Usually I use a slightly softer version of the same rubber on BH as what I have in FH. Right now I am using the same rubber on both sides. But I think my BH would prefer a slightly softer rubber and my FH likes the MX-P I am using.

So the point and the bottom line is, don't let all the marketing and hype confuse you. All the rubbers you are looking at will work well on your Primorac Off- and all of them will work well for you. Even the ones I am not excited about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
TT11 is fine; I don't know the other place you mentioned.
Rhyzm 425 is a great rubber in that it does pretty much everything well and is very controllable. It's not extreme at anything, but until you know what you want, it's a great choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The only tt11 is that they don't have butterfly blades :(

They do - Butterfly has territorial restrictions on where their vendors can sell, so you can't buy from tt11 - you need to buy from the dealer in Britain.

Again, you ducked my question - are you getting the dealer to put together the blade for you?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wait, are you buying the Primorac Off- new? I thought you already had that.

If you are buying new blade as well, just get a Tibhar Stratus PowerWood instead and you can still order. As good or better than Primorac Off- and you don't have to worry about the shipping of Butterfly products. Better feel than Primorac.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I also have another idea. I am guessing that you probably never did the sealing and gluing yourself.

You should order a Galaxy 896 ($16.00 USD) and 4 sheets of Dawei 2008XP rubber and some glue like Revolution No3 and practice sealing, gluing and cutting with the less expensive equipment. You will end up with a good backup racket for very little money and you will learn the skill of teching your own blade and get the confidence to put your next set of rubbers on the blade you have or the one you are about to get.

It will also be a great blade to loan friends who don't have their own blade but want to play with a good racket.

The skill of being able to put your racket together yourself is worth working to acquire.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just saw that TT11 now also sell butterfly products so thats good. Also the new Brycehighspeed is coming out tomorrow I think so I wonder what it will be like. I quite liked my old brycespeed FX

TT11 has sold Butterfly for a while. They don't sell Butterfly internationally because Butterfly gives its dealers regions over which they can sell. This improves Butterfly's ability to control regional prices.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That new Brice HighSpeed may be the answer for you on both sides. You should go for it. Only thing is, I heard it works much better with the new Kenta Matsudaira blade than anything else. You may have to get that too to get the full effect!

Good luck. But that would be an awesome setup. It could get you to jump a level or two!

Sent from Borgin&Burkes by Patronus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
That new Brice HighSpeed may be the answer for you on both sides. You should go for it. Only thing is, I heard it works much better with the new Kenta Matsudaira blade than anything else. You may have to get that too to get the full effect!

Good luck. But that would be an awesome setup. It could get you to jump a level or two!

Hehe

3059_135068129530.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

You might be right here, Carl. I would say buy a bottle of Dianchi Booster adding 4-5 layers on each side of the rubbers, that would give the setup the full effect! That is what we call the BRB extreme!