Who do you think will win the Philippines Open 2014 - ITTF World Tour?

• Zhan Jian

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Li Hu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kim Junghoon

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yang Zi

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Chen Feng

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Wu Zhikang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrej Filimon

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Richard Gonzales

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
17 year old Ho Kwan Kit from HongKong, who is unranked has shocked the world by winning the Philippine Open ITTF World Tour men's singles title!

10398082_911770118852992_364634539902500787_n.jpg

Photo by: ITTF

Who has seen much of Ho Kwan Kit play?

HIGHLIGHTS FINAL:

I've seen this game live earlier today. this guy is really talented and has the athleticism to be in the top 20 or so. it was a good game and he never looked like the underdog considering that he is unranked.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
yap...d kasi ako nakaonline ng one week...anyway, di naman kasi ako member ng any club dito sa la union...pero sayang, ittf pa man din first time in the philippines!!!...:(:(:(

ahh.. sayang pre. last year pa prinopromote ng tatap. haha. anyway ,may good news naman, sabi dun sa closing ceremony see you in philippine open 2015!.

This user has no status.
ahh.. sayang pre. last year pa prinopromote ng tatap. haha. anyway ,may good news naman, sabi dun sa closing ceremony see you in philippine open 2015!.

Yes, we will host the event for 3 consecutive years. 😊

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tan.theveteran
This user has no status.
What happened with you??

Oh sorry I haven't updated you guys on the tour. It's a pretty long story... Haha.

Here it goes.

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your support. :)

Second, to those asking if I'm part of the national team. No. I am not part of our country's national team. Hehe. Just a university player.

Third, we have no sponsors for the accommodation nor for the registration fee except the ample money given by the university.

Fourth, this was the biggest gamble I took because I completely changed my setup just 5 days before the tour. Haha. I will not repeat that again! 😄

So here's my experience..

I am originally entried into under 21 category. I travelled a day before the competition. On the day of competition I did not know, even my coach, about the process. I thought the umpire would announce through speaker the players that will play in a certain table. Then one Filipino coach approached us and said my game will be in the afternoon. So what I did the whole morning was to practice, not knowing that I have entried for both under 21 and open singles AND I have matches in the morning! The schedule that the Filipino coach gave us was for my open singles entry!

So I was defaulted for 2 games in the under 21 category because I did not appear. That's because I thought my games would be in the afternoon.

After meeting with some of the ITTF officials, I was very nervous, I explained to them what happened. They understood it and just reminded me to watch the schedules carefully.

What I did was to just participate in the men's open singles because I already have 2 losses in the under 21 category.

In the open singles qualifying round, I first encountered Japan's Sambei and lost. I already expected this. Haha.

In the supposed second game, now against Indonesia, my opponent did not appear so I was declared winner and he was defaulted.

Since I have 1-1. I entered into the main draw or the top 32. I then faced Belgium.
Prior to the match, I hit the backhand rubber(which is Stiga boost tx) at the edge of the table and there appeared a "cut" when I was training.

Worried that my racket would not pass the racket control because the surface is now uneven, I borrowed my coach's racket which is totally different because they both have tensor rubbers whereas I use H3 and boost tx.

Here I failed miserably in the match. Due to the pressure and worrying on my racket, I was so tensed that most of the points my opponent gathered was from my service errors! It really is one of the worst performance of my table tennis career.

But! The experience is really unique. I understood and "felt" the type and strength of spins and play of foreign players.

Experience and connection are really my goals in the event. But next time would be winning. :)

Sorry for the long post.
Hehe. 😊

Reactions: MDanielCRO
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Oh sorry I haven't updated you guys on the tour. It's a pretty long story... Haha.

Here it goes.

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your support. :)

Second, to those asking if I'm part of the national team. No. I am not part of our country's national team. Hehe. Just a university player.

Third, we have no sponsors for the accommodation nor for the registration fee except the ample money given by the university.

Fourth, this was the biggest gamble I took because I completely changed my setup just 5 days before the tour. Haha. I will not repeat that again! 😄

So here's my experience..

I am originally entried into under 21 category. I travelled a day before the competition. On the day of competition I did not know, even my coach, about the process. I thought the umpire would announce through speaker the players that will play in a certain table. Then one Filipino coach approached us and said my game will be in the afternoon. So what I did the whole morning was to practice, not knowing that I have entried for both under 21 and open singles AND I have matches in the morning! The schedule that the Filipino coach gave us was for my open singles entry!

So I was defaulted for 2 games in the under 21 category because I did not appear. That's because I thought my games would be in the afternoon.

After meeting with some of the ITTF officials, I was very nervous, I explained to them what happened. They understood it and just reminded me to watch the schedules carefully.

What I did was to just participate in the men's open singles because I already have 2 losses in the under 21 category.

In the open singles qualifying round, I first encountered Japan's Sambei and lost. I already expected this. Haha.

In the supposed second game, now against Indonesia, my opponent did not appear so I was declared winner and he was defaulted.

Since I have 1-1. I entered into the main draw or the top 32. I then faced Belgium.
Prior to the match, I hit the backhand rubber(which is Stiga boost tx) at the edge of the table and there appeared a "cut" when I was training.

Worried that my racket would not pass the racket control because the surface is now uneven, I borrowed my coach's racket which is totally different because they both have tensor rubbers whereas I use H3 and boost tx.

Here I failed miserably in the match. Due to the pressure and worrying on my racket, I was so tensed that most of the points my opponent gathered was from my service errors! It really is one of the worst performance of my table tennis career.

But! The experience is really unique. I understood and "felt" the type and strength of spins and play of foreign players.

Experience and connection are really my goals in the event. But next time would be winning. :)

Sorry for the long post.
Hehe. 😊

Wow this could be nice experience for you. Hope that next time you will do better and smarter.

Lucky you to play with Kohei Sambe, it was great experience, how much points did you collect?