RE: Which bat should I buy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
RE: Which bat should I buy?

Hi,

I have played table tennis casually on and off for about a year and I really enjoy it. However, previously I just used an old bat with no grip.
I have recently purchased a slazenger table and think it is time for me to get a decent bat to get me started up well.

I generally attack the ball alot, mainly forehand smashes. I do also try to spin the ball on the back hand, but this seldom works, perhaps due to the lack of grip on the bat. although i think at this stage control is a pretty important aspect. oh yeah, my budget is £30 !

so, i have shortlisted a few bats and if you could put your input in as to which do you think i should get, that would be very much appreciated. also feel free to suggest other bats if you think they would be better

- Butterfly 10245 Timo Boll 700A Table Tennis Bat
- Dunlop Evolution 3000 Table Tennis Bat
- Blutenkirsche Elite Table Tennis Bat & Case
- Joola Table Tennis Bat - Rosskopf Classic

These can all be seen on Amazon UK, however, the forum does not allow me to post links :/

thanks!

I would say use the butterfly paddle. About 60% of professionals use butterfly equipment for example, zhang jike, and timo boll
Most professionals have a distinct pattern, they use a blade from the company they're sponsored from (Zhang Jike and Timo Boll are Butterfly, Xu Xin is Stiga, and Ma Long and Wang Hao use DHS Blades) then regardless of sponsorship they mostly use DHS rubbers on their forehand (most of the time it's DHS Hurricane III :p) and then they use Tenergy on their backhand.