Rubber that comes closest to Rakza 7

Fastarc G1 is not really like R7. Its harder, faster and have more spin. I would say G1 is a step up.
Maybe XIOM vega Europe or maybe Intro would be closer. Also Donic Acuda blue P2.
But those are just guesses... :)

Cheers
L-zr

says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
Dec 2022
Fastarc G1 is not really like R7. Its harder, faster and have more spin. I would say G1 is a step up.
Maybe XIOM vega Europe or maybe Intro would be closer. Also Donic Acuda blue P2.
But those are just guesses... :)

Cheers
L-zr
you're probably right, I just assumed it was the closest because of the revspin rating, they are pretty similar.

Or You can do it like me.
Take whatever is close on weekly sale on TT11... Thats how I recently found Nittaku Hammond Z2. I was looking for a replacement for Tenergy 05, Its not really that, but its a half decent, Can not compare in the spin and speed but it's a dream to push and play close to the table with. But I do miss the ability to fire cannon balls at my opponent. :)

Cheers
L-zr

Dec 2022
Or You can do it like me.
Take whatever is close on weekly sale on TT11... Thats how I recently found Nittaku Hammond Z2. I was looking for a replacement for Tenergy 05, Its not really that, but its a half decent, Can not compare in the spin and speed but it's a dream to push and play close to the table with. But I do miss the ability to fire cannon balls at my opponent. :)

Cheers
L-zr
Maybe I can I am not sure.

Dec 2022
G-1 and Rakza 7 are the of the same generation from ESN. Even though G-1 is spinier and has a slightly higher top speed. I think you will find them very similar. Both are not that bouncy, but Rakza 7 is a bit more controlled.
I see, thank you for the valueable information :)

Reactions: SamTheMan
Dec 2022
Okay so I have spoken with multiple coaches, some that know so little about equipment and I have also spoken with our club materialist, He recommended 4 rubbers: Rozena, glayzer, Nittaku fastarc g-1 or keep going with the rakza 7. What do you guys think? Please let me know :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Okay so I have spoken with multiple coaches, some that know so little about equipment and I have also spoken with our club materialist, He recommended 4 rubbers: Rozena, glayzer, Nittaku fastarc g-1 or keep going with the rakza 7. What do you guys think? Please let me know :)
I have played with R7, Rozena and Glayzer now. Similar but with different qualities. I would say speed is similar amongst them, with Glayzer being the most spinny by a little bit. Glayzer feels a little harder than the others. I like all three and would be happy with any but like Glayzer the most, followed by Rozena (I do like the feel of Butterfly rubbers)

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think G-1 would be the cheapest option and most similar. G-1 may be more expensive but its durability is unmatched so far. So maybe it costs more but the longer lifespan makes it cheaper :3

Rozeana is also a pretty good choice. Many people like to hate on it, but they are just haters. It's a good rubber with consistent quality (which ESN cannot really boast of sometimes), and some say it's not durable but for me it has been very durable. And the best part is that Rozena doesn't change playing properties during use. No shrinking, no factory booster evaporation, none of that nonsense.

Dec 2022
I think G-1 would be the cheapest option and most similar. G-1 may be more expensive but its durability is unmatched so far. So maybe it costs more but the longer lifespan makes it cheaper :3

Rozeana is also a pretty good choice. Many people like to hate on it, but they are just haters. It's a good rubber with consistent quality (which ESN cannot really boast of sometimes), and some say it's not durable but for me it has been very durable. And the best part is that Rozena doesn't change playing properties during use. No shrinking, no factory booster evaporation, none of that nonsense.
Rozena and g-1 are the same price, glayzer being the most expensive. I see, the club materialist said that g-1 is a very grippy rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Rozena and g-1 are the same price, glayzer being the most expensive. I see, the club materialist said that g-1 is a very grippy rubber.
Nittaku describes G-1 as grip first. And I am 100% with them on it, no matter what racket angle or speed you have the rubber tries to grip the ball first and then you have more possibility to decide how to control your shot. Of course we're talking about milliseconds here but the feeling of it is very obvious.

Rozena has a better bounce, and has the tenergy like sping sponge effect.

I will also say that the Fastarc G-1 works much better in cold weather. Above 20 degrees all rubbers preform as they should but below 18 not so much. So if this is something that is a concern to you maybe get G-1.
I don't know about Glayzer since I have not tested it in colder temps.